Standing Still

Move On

For my wife and husband Viki, whose moving on to her next chapter. Happy Birthday!

Update notice at the bottom


 

 

There are few things in his life that Myungsoo regrets.

 

He doesn’t regret joining INFINITE, despite the enormous time and energy consumption becoming an idol required.

 

He doesn’t regret flirting with Sungyeol, despite the time with Sungjong that he lost because of his initial infatuation.

 

He doesn’t regret giving everything his all, despite the lethargic nights when he lacked the energy to stay by Sungjong’s side.

 

There are few things in his life that Myungsoo would change.

 

Falling in love with Sungjong is one of them.

 


 

When Myungsoo first meets Sungjong, the light in those eyes is an innocent sparkle that gleans from every corner of his eye. Myungsoo ignores this, opting for the mischievous glint concentrated in that one corner of Sungyeol’s glare.

 

Myungsoo doesn’t regret this.

 

Myungsoo doesn’t want to change this.

 

Because Sungyeol has moved on.

 

But Sungjong keeps standing there.

 

When Myungsoo first falls for Sungjong, the maknae is no longer the epitome of innocence he began as, but he’s still pretending to be. Myungsoo ignores this, preferring the façade that Sungjong is so willing to put for him.

 

Myungsoo doesn’t regret this.

 

But he wants to change this.

 

He wants to tell Sungjong it’s alright if he’s hurt, if he’s sad, if he’s in pain. He wants to tell Sungjong that it’s alright to lean on him, even on those lethargic nights when he really doesn’t have any energy remaining.

 

Because Myungsoo now knows that Sungjong didn’t have any energy left either.

 


 

When Myungsoo left Sungyeol, because Sungyeol would have been happy to glint mischievously in Myungsoo’s life forever, the choding threw a fit. He poisoned food with vinegar and made filming untolerable and fanmeets far too skinship filled.

 

Then he got over it.

 

Myungsoo is still a little surprised how quickly Sungyeol changed. He wonders if maybe Sungyeol isn’t the same choding he once fell in love with. He wouldn’t be surprised. Sungjong isn’t anything he once expected him to be either.

 

Sungjong is strong, where Myungsoo once thought him to be weak. His body is thin, but his blood is thick and his heart strong enough to keep it pumping from his slender toes to his plump lips as Myungsoo wraps his arms around that lithe body to give him a kiss.

 

Sungjong is smart, where Myungsoo once thought him to be slow. His mind churns as the members fight, and argue, and fight, and argue, only to come up with the completely genius decision to play rock-paper-scissors for everything INFINITE does.

 

Sungjong is Sungjong, where Myungsoo once thought him to be INFINITE’s maknae.

 

So he wishes that INFINITE’s maknae had stayed as INFINITE’s maknae in his mind, rather than the Sungjong he’s come to love.

 

Because where Sungyeol can move on, Sungjong can only stand still.


 

Note: Ch 2 will be a continuation of this drabble, in oneshot form, Sungjong centred. Preview will go up when enough people bug me about it OR i get one heartblowing comment on Ch 1. Yes, I dare you to blow my heart out. Actually, that's going to be really hard because there's nothing in here touching enough to cause heart blowing-ness. But whatever. 

Update possibilities for this Friday include:

Closet Fairy

Doctor, Doctor

Move On

and Himduro