CHAPTER 2 : I Knew You Were Trouble

MAN IN LOVE

 

                                                        

                     After being forcefully carried away by a bastard (prince in shining armor) into a fancy limousine and chauffeured  to a fancy restaurant, Sung Jong finally found himself sitting on a comfy chair alone staring at a feast of delicious looking expensive western food sprawled in front of his eyes in a private dining hall. Big, empty and fancy dining hall. It has been nearly 5 minutes since his arrival and there was nothing but silence. Thinking that it was his chance to make an escape, Sung Jong quickly ran to one of the mahogany doors but was shocked to find himself running into the source of his current misery.

“Why, hello there. Where do you think you’re going?” The elder boy smiles as he steps into the dining hall and closes the door behind him, causing Sung Jong to bite his lower lip in annoyance but kept himself cool, “Nowhere. Just… wondering where this is…” Sung Jong made a quick U-turn towards his chair before accidentally tripping on untied shoe lace. Sung Jong shrieks but was swiftly caught by the elder boy before he hits the floor. “This is a restaurant. I rented this hall just for the two of us. You’ll be fine and safe. And before you try to do anything as funny as escaping, I’ll have to chain you to that chair,” The boy securely holds Sung Jong by his shoulders and guided him to the dining table.

Sung Jong quickly kicked his shin and made a grab for a butter knife from the table.

“Chain me!? Are you some kind of sadist? How can I be safe if I’m chained to a chair by some stranger that I don’t even know!?” Sung Jong screams as he pointed the knife towards the taller figure who doesn’t seem to waver nor took a step back. He stood his ground and displays a heart achingly charming smile.

“Don’t know me? But we spent nearly 4 years knowing each other…” he took a step towards Sung Jong.

“4 years? I have never met you in my life!”

“Who said anything about meeting?”

Sung Jong carefully takes deep breaths as he tries to piece the puzzle together.

“You love the sun, you love lemon candy, you love going to school, you live with your cousin and uncle, and you always sleep at 10p.m after updating your blog without fail.”

“Wait… how did you know---“

“Aren’t you my Lucky Lemon?” The boy smiles as he walks nearer to Sung Jong.

“Hold it! There’s only one person who would know that username…” Sung Jong’s eyes darted towards the elder boy and gulps. Oh no. “C-could it be possible that…”

Hinting that the younger lad had finally understood his message, the elder boy hops in delight as he hugs Sung Jong tightly.

“Yes. I’m SuperL!”

 

 

So, SuperL is a MALE. His real name is Kim Myungsoo or also nicknamed as L. He is 17 years old and is half-Japanese. He is from a rich and well-known family and he loves to wear black. He has been stalking Lee Sung Jong for the past 4 years and has gone through the trouble to visit Lee Sung Jong due to trivial matters.

“I CAN’T BUY THAT!” Sung Jong shrieks as he chews on a lamb chop.

Both of them have finally agreed to go on with the ‘surprise’ dinner like how Myungsoo had planned and sat opposite to each other. 30 minutes had gone by and the luxurious food sprawled in front of them decreased as the large grandfather clock at the furthest end of the hall ticks away.

“You have to. It’s reality.” Myungsoo chuckles at Sung Jong’s reaction.

“I do believe what you had told me but… why would you go as far as coming to Korea, Myungsoo-sshi?” Sung Jong examines Myungsoo’s tensed expression as he shakes his head.

“You don’t need to know the details, Sung Jong-ah.”

“I’m your friend and I have the rights to!”

“Well, let’s just put it this way, I am here to stay in Korea temporarily to do some sightseeing…” As soon as Myungsoo finished off his sentence, a sudden blaze of gun fire was heard behind the mahogany doors. “What was that---?” Sung Jong got up from his seat just to find Myungsoo draping his coat over Sung Jong’s head and pushed Sung Jong harshly towards an alternative door. Puzzled and bewildered, Sung Jong tugged furiously at Myungsoo’s shirt with a questioning look but became even more desperate when the elder boy responded with a relaxed smile painted on his face.

The mahogany doors abruptly burst open and two of Myungsoo’s  men-in-black appeared with smoke lingering on their body. “Boss, the Red Fangs found our location! Please give us your orders!”

They reek of blood and gun powder.

“Myungsoo-sshi! What’s going on!?”

“Collect the men now and get ready for a full-strike. You, on the right, take Sung Jong home while I and the others distract them.” Myungsoo lets go of Sung Jong’s shoulders as the other man handed him a parabellum gun. He loosens his neck tie and takes a quick glance towards Sung Jong and winks before leaving Sung Jong dumbstruck. 

“I’ll see you later, Lemon,” Was what Sung Jong heard before being carried away by Myungsoo’s right-hand man (?).

 

 

After what seemed to be an awkward drive home, Sung Jong arrives at the front of his family’s ramen shop while still holding tight onto Myungsoo’s sergeant pepper coat. The man dressed in black carefully guided the dazed young boy towards the entrance and left quietly after tucking a USB into Sung Jong’s sweaty hand.

Minutes later, Jong Kook together with Hoya and Sung Yeol ran down stairs to fetch Sung Jong in.

“Sung Jong-ah!”

“Jongie!”

“Dongsaeng!”

Sung Jong’s legs trembled as they wobbled and hit the cold floor. His hands were shivering and his nails turned purplish.

“Sung Jongie… tell us, what happened exactly??” Hoya cautiously held him up and walked him towards a table and made him sit. Jong Kook locked the door while Sung Yeol fumbled about in the kitchen to make a cup of hot cocoa for the trembling boy. “I-I-I… I met a person who I thought I knew…”

“Well? Who was it?” Jong Kook prodded.

“I believe that… that person is the one that I have been craving for but…. But why must ‘she’ be so different!?” Sung Jong bursts into tears as he recalled Myungsoo’s sudden disappearance through the mahogany doors that night. Sung Jong could not believe it but his heart was beating loudly for that particular person every time their eyes met and he felt comfortable and safe though he suspected Myungsoo at first. With what had happened that night, Sung Jong was left with questions flooding his mind.

“Will I be able to see him again?”

 

 

After Hoya and Sung Yeol had left the Lee residence with unsatisfied hunger for answers, Sung Jong has finally calmed down and he is now staring at the blue colored USB given by the black dressed man in his room.

“Will THIS be the answer to my curiousity?” Sung Jong ponders as he switches on his laptop and suspiciously eyes the USB. I mean, there MUST be a reason to why he was given such a thing.

“Agh, whatever. I’m checking this out and no one’s stopping me,” Sung Jong jams the USB and clamps his eyes shut while waiting for the file to download into his laptop.

*TRING* Sung Jong cracks an eye open and saw that it was a video. Clicking the ‘play’ button, Sung Jong plugs in his ear phones and put on a tentative ear.

*Crackle* “Hello, Sung Jong-ah. This is SuperL or by now you might have recognize me as Kim Myungsoo… Receiving this USB and watching the contents would only mean one thing : we had been attacked and you are like a blind man without a cane whose life is on the line. I know that this is too sudden but I have to tell you the truth about me and my stay. I’m the heir of a mafia clan in Japan. FYI, I’m not a yakuza. We have been communicating with each other for nearly 4 years now and I thought it was going smoothly till I found out that I have been too reckless on improvising the security system of my affairs. It seems that my enemies from other countries have figured out my ‘weak point’ and they would go to any lengths to anchor me down. I have no choice but to come directly to you and have you by my side. However, my father is a strict man. He doesn’t fancy me troubling you with my own problems but he wouldn’t mind it if I were to share these confidential information with a person I have a relationship with. In short, you are now my ‘wife’. I’d love to take you to Japan, to my family’s base but I know, that that is clearly impossible. Therefore, I require your trust and faith in me. Stay put till I come over to your house. Till then,” The video stops and Sung Jong was staring at the screen with his eyes bulged and his mouth gaping open like an idiot.

“WHAT ON EARTH DID I JUST WATCHED!?”

 

 

Sung Jong woke up that morning while feeling cozier then usual. He could hear birds chirping and vehicles rushing back and forth in the distance. It was about time for Sung Jong to wake up and get ready for school when he sudden feels something sniffing his hair. Is it the cat that Myungsoo-sshi gave him…?

He yawns and flutters his eyes open to see Myungsoo’s handsome face inches away from his own and was intently examining his face.

“Myung-Myung-Myungsoo-sshi!?” Sung Jong gasps as he quickly scrambles away from Myungsoo but was pulled back in a tight embrace.

“Ah, Sung Jongie… I missed you,”

Sung Jong’s face flushed pink and he swore that he could hear his heart pounding loudly against his chest.

“Get away from me! Look! We need to talk! WE NEED TO TALK!” Sung Jong quickly yanks one of Myungsoo’s long locks and backed away as far as he could from the bed while Myungsoo moans in pain.

“That USB… The USB that your, uh, minion gave me… is it genuine? The contents, I mean…”  

Myungsoo becomes silent as he nods.

“Are you really the heir of a mafia clan?”

Myungsoo nods.

“Is there any proof?”

Myungsoo frowns as he s his shirt and turned his back towards Sung Jong. Exposing a back layered with an upper-body tattoo.

“You said you’re not from the yakuza!”

Myungsoo nods and sighs, “Well, it’s a mafia clan from JAPAN. What did you expect?”

“So… you really are a criminal?”

Myungsoo nods, “More or less…” He slowly gets up from the bed and walks towards Sung Jong.  

Before Myungsoo was able to touch him, the younger boy was already guarding himself with a table lamp.

“Calm down… And listen to what I have to say…”

“Shut it! I’ve listened all that I need to hear from that video! Why weren’t you honest with me about the situation?”

“Well… I didn’t want to shock you. I mean, you were already dumbstruck about my sudden appearance and how would I handle it if you had jammed that butter knife through my skull if I told you about my whole background,” Myungsoo ruffles his hair as he sighs.

“Well, you would have deserved it! You aren’t supposed to be a mafia boss nor were you supposed to be male!”

Myungsoo squints his eyes as he scoffs, “What? Even if I was female, would you have agreed to date such a brutal woman?”

Sung Jong lowers his lamp and pouts.

“I guess not! Now that you have understood the situation, would you accept me as your husband….?”

“Woah! That’s too much a progress---“ Myungsoo rolls his eyes and carries Sung Jong princess-style and pinned him onto the bed between his knees.

“GET OFF OF ME YOU ERT!” Sung Jong struggles as he continuously slaps Myungsoo’s hands away.

Myungsoo ignores his brutal ‘wife’, reach into his back pocket and pulls out a ring.

“This is for your own good…” he slips it onto Sung Jong’s ring finger and chuckles at Sung Jong’s panicked expression.

“Why would THIS be good for my---“ Before he was able to finish his sentence, Myungsoo fell to his side and snores. He was already in a deep sleep.

 

 

In regards of what had happened yesterday, Sung Jong decided to ride his bicycle to school. Surprisingly, Jong Kook was acting as normal as he would normally do and didn’t say a word regarding what had happened the other day. In fact, Sung Jong was very much pleased that they didn’t have another interrogative session at the dining table. Sung Jong ate his breakfast quietly while Jong Kook went on and on about getting the menu renewed. Sung Jong tried to act normal too. He would’ve been killed by now if his cousin were to know that there’s a free-loader in the house.

Minutes later, Sung Jong arrived at school and walked to his class sneakily. There’s no way he could face Hoya hyung and Sung Yeol hyung after what had happened. They would keep on firing away with questions and prod him to explain why Jong Kook called them that night telling them that he was kidnapped.

He pops his head through the door and could see the other students walking about and chatting while waiting for the teacher to arrive. Sung Jong sighs in relief as he saw that neither was Hoya hyung nor was Sung Yeol hyung near his desk.

“Why being so sneaky, Sung Jongie?” Sung Jong turns his head clockwise and saw two tall figures looming over his small frame.

Sung Jong squeezes is eyes shut as he guards himself with his backpack. “Uh… about the other day---!”

Hoya and Sung Yeol look at each other and chuckle.

“It’s alright Sung Jong. We were just worried about you. But I hope you would explain to us clearly about the incident later… In any case, you should be careful around the school compounds too.” Hoya explains.

“What? Why is that so??”

“It seems that there has been several new students transferred to our school. And the odd thing was that every student that has come across these students said that they didn’t look ‘inviting’. So, better watch your back! Ah, there’s the bell! Gotta go now! Bye, Sung Jong. We’ll talk later during lunch,” The two seniors patted Sung Jong’s shoulders before taking their leave.

Sung Jong scratches his cheek and ponders to himself as he watches his seniors walk away, "Will I be okay on my own...?"  

 

AUTHORS'S  NOTE : ACK. I HOPE IT WAS NOT BORING! I HOPED THAT ALL OF YOU ENJOYED READING CHAPTER 2. PLEASE COMMENT. IF THERE ARE GOOD REVIEWS, I'LL CONTINUE THE STORY. GOOD NIGHT~