Partners

There's Nothing Sweet About Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Joohyun POV:      When I went to school the next day I was immediately greeted by Sooyoung, Yoona, and Yuri. We sat on a bench in the front of the school. Yuri began to tell us about Tao.    "He called me when I went home last night," she gushed. "We talked for a long time then he asked me if I wanted to go to the movies this weekend."    Yoona began to squeal.    "That is so cute," she said.    "What's cute," a voice asked.    I looked up and Sehun was standing in front of us.    "None of your business," Sooyoung said.    "Why are girls always so secretive?"    "Because guys don't need to know."    "Whatever, look I'm gonna borrow Joohyun for the rest of the morning," he said grabbing my hand and yanking me off the bench.    I looked back at my friends who were smiling at me as Sehun and I walked away.    "Where are we going," I asked looking up at him.    "To meet some of my friends. Some people I know from China are visiting and they wanna meet you," he said with a smile. Then I wondered did he tell them about me or was it his other friends who did?    We were walking over to the black van him his friends drove to school in everyday. It was surrounded by eleven boys. I recognized seven of them from before. But I only knew Chanyeol, Kai, and Tao.    "You already know Chanyeol, Tao, and Kai," Sehun said.    "This is Suho hyung," he said pointing to a boy shorter than him. As a matter of fact, other than Chanyeol, Tao, and one other, the rest were shorter than him.    "That's Kris hyung. He's the oldest," he said gesturing to the tallest.    "This is Kyungsoo hyung. But everyone calls him D.O." He pointed to a boy with big eyes. He waved shyly at me.    "That's Suho and the guy next to him is Baekhyun," he pointed to the two shorter ones.    "The guy with the blonde hair is Yixing but we just call him Lay."    "Sometimes we call him unicorn," Kai said.    "The short one right there Xiumin but we call him Baozi," he said pointing to the one that looked like a child.    He pointed to a guy with an elf like smile. "This joker over here is Chen."    "And this guy," he said slinging his arm around a guy with a baby face. "Is my best friend Luhan."    He was cute. Luhan sort of reminded me of a chibi character.    "Sehun said you were cute but that's an understatement from what I see," Luhan said with a smile.    I could feel my cheeks warmer. I looked down and kicked my foot in the dirt.    "Yah, Luhan don't flirt with Sehun's girlfriend," Kris teased.    "Bwoh sh-she's not my girlfriend," Sehun protested.    They all laughed except for Sehun and me.    "Well you sure as hell do hang out with her enough," Kai said while laughing.    "I thaid-," then Sehun slapped his hand over his mouth.    Chanyeol smirked and smacked Sehun and the shoulder.    "What did you thay Thehun?"    They all laughed again. I was confused. Was there some sort of joke?    "I don't get it," I said. "What's so funny about what he said?"    Chanyeol began to crack up.    "You mean you don't hear it," he exclaimed.    I cocked my head to the side. "Hear what?"    "Haha he has a lisp," Kai said holding his stomach.    Come to think of it there were a few times when I heard it. It wasn't very nice of them to make fun of Sehun.    "So what if he has a lisp. I think it's kinda cute."    "Aww did ya hear that Thehun," Kai said pinching Sehun's cheek. "She thinkth it'th thooooo cute!"    "Ah hyung thop mething with me."    "But seriously you shouldn't make fun of him because of it," I said.    "Yeah," Suho said. "What if I made fun of Chanyeol about his elf ears or his creepy smile?"    Chanyeol immediately covered his ears.    "Or Kai and his dark skin," Luhan added.    "Whatever my dark skin is y," Kai said.    "You forgot about D.O's owl eyes and Baekhyun's eyeliner obsession," Xiumin joked.     Baekhyun groaned.    "For the last time it's not eyeliner it's guyliner," Baekhyun yelled. "And it's totally manly."    "Yeah if you're emo," Xiumin said.    "Kai I don't have owl eyes do I," D.O asked Kai.    "Of course not."    Everyone laughed again.    "What about you, you look like a baozi," Baekhyun snapped.    "No I don't."    Luhan laughed. "Like hell you don't."    "Whatever you look like a freaking five year old and you're one of the oldest."    "If I look like a five year old then you must look two."    Xiumin then walked over to Kris and put his finger in his face. It was sort of funny considering that Kris was so much taller than Xiumin.    "And you," Xiumin said.    "What about me?"    Xiumin seemed at a loss for words. He couldn't seem to find anything to make fun of Kris for.    "Urgh...I don't know what's wrong with you. But when I figure it out you're gonna get it."    "Of course you can't find anything wrong with me. I'm too perfect."    While the rest of them were bickering Sehun came and stood next to me.    "So what do you think," Sehun asked.    "I think you're crazy," I said.    "Well those are my friends, take it or leave it."    While we were talking Tao came over to us.    "Hey...um Joohyun. Can you tell me if Yuri is here?"    "Yeah she's right over there on the bench."    It took me a while to realize he was wearing the same uniform as Sehun.    "Hey wait a minute. I thought you said you lived in China and was just visiting," I said.    "I was. But over the weekend we transferred for the rest of high school."    "Oh, does Yuri know," I asked.    "No I was going to tell her today, to surprise her."    Then he walked away.    "Tao seems to really like that friend of yours," Sehun said nudging my shoulder.    "Yeah. Yuri hasn't stopped talking about him either," I said. I was really happy for her. I just wish Sehun oppa felt the same way I did about him.    It was silent for a while until Sehun cleared his throat.    "Um...you wanna go to class now I can go with you," Sehun said.    "Don't you wanna spend time with your friends," I asked.    "I already live with them," he laughed. "Any time I have the chance to get away from them I use."    "Ok then sure we can go now."    We walked up the steps of the school. My friends were still sitting on the bench, along with Tao who was completely  caught up with Yuri. When Yoona saw me she gave me a thumbs up. I shyly smiled at her then continued talking to Sehun.    When we got to the door Sehun opened it for me and spoke in a stuck up tone.    "Madam Joohyun welcome to school. How are you this fine morning," he said in a stuffy voice then bowed a full 90 degrees.    I giggled. "Why thank you Mr. Oh Sehun. I'm just fine and yourself," I asked speaking in the same tone of voice.    "Exquisite Madam Joohyun." He stuck out his elbow as though he were an . "May I you to class?"    I linked his elbow with mine.    "Yes you may."    We laughed and walked down the hallway. Students, mainly girls, stared at us speculatively. But there was a set of eyes in particular that made me shiver as soon as I met them.    Krystal, Hyuna, and Sulli along with a few other girls looked at me with hatred in their eyes. Krystal cold stare caused my heart to beat irratically.    As soon as I saw them I quickly removed myself from Sehun. With my hands behind my back I looked down, avoiding their stares as well as Sehun's.    "Why'd you do that," he asked.    I looked up at him and gave him a fake smile.    "No reason," I said as cheerily as I could.    He looked around and saw Krystal and her friends looking at me. His jaw clenched and his brow furrowed.    With out another word he wrapped his arm securely around my shoulder and we kept walking.    I glanced up at the girls. Krystal gaped at us.    When we turned the corner our hallway was on he stopped. He firmly gripped my shoulders and looked me in the eye.    "You shouldn't let Krystal and her friends intimidate you like that," he said in a serious tone.    I bowed my head, not wanting to look him in the eye.    "Hey look at me." He put his hand up under my chin and pushed it upward, forcing me to look at him. I was shocked at his expression. It was the first time I had ever seen him like this. He was usually really funny and goofy or flirty and erted.    "You're my friend. Krystal isn't my friend, my mom, and she damn sure isn't my g
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter