Girl with a T-square

It Started With A Derpyeol

 

 

 

 

SEOUL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY

UNIVERSITY

MIDTERM GRADES

 

Park, Chanyeol                                                                                                                                                   2nd SEMESTER, 2012 - 2013

92 – 1127 – 841 BSME – 3

 

SUBJECT               SUBJECT TITLE                               UNITS     MIDTERM GRADES

                                          1ME311             Materials Engineering and Testing               3.0                  4.5

                                          2ME312             Thermodynamics 1                                   3.0                  4.6

                                          3ES311              Statics of Rigid Bodies                             3.0                  4.3

                                          4ME421              Machine Design 1                                    3.0                  2.9

                                          5MATH108        Differential Equations                                 3.0                 4.8

                                          6METECH31      Workshop theory and practice                     3.0                 4.0

 

 

“A 2.9?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!” came the baritone wail of the lanky 6-footer, knees grovelled dramatically to the patterned vinyl as he dug his fists on the cursed results paper. Onlookers seemed quite amused at Chanyeol’s epic meltdown in front of the department head’s office, much to his best friend’s annoyance.

 

 

“Hey, I only got a line of flat three on everything and you don’t hear me complaining!” Baekhyun, ‘the diva’, pointed nonchalantly, hooking his porcelain-like hand around his seemingly depressed friend’s firm bicep and pulled him to his feet.

 

 

“That’s easy for you to say, Bacon! You passed on everything! Of all subjects I had to fail, it had to be on stupid friggin’ machine design! Chanhee noona is going to kill me!”

 

 

Park Chanyeol hated his life status. The Park family was actually a widely known ‘kings and queens of engineers’ dynasty for many decades. His great grandfather was the first in his family to have topped the civil engineering licensure exam and the first to have been honoured the title ‘king of engineers’ in his time, and that time Google or Wikipedia or even modern technology never existed. Next in line was his grandmother, who too followed the footsteps of her father and became the first ever woman to have graduated as the magna cumlaude of her Chemical Engineering batch and became the ‘queen of all queens of engineers’. Both his parents were just…ugh, perfect. Too perfect. Not only were they consecutively part of the dean’s list, they both graduated as cumlaude (His father in BS Civil Engineering and his mother in BS Structural Engineering) and landed themselves as the king and queen of engineers; they also own and run the highly acclaimed ‘ParkChan and associates’ firm. His sister on the other hand was just a regular graduate.  Well okay, maybe not. Park Chanhee was a gifted child. At a tender age of 4, she had already mastered trigonometry and by the time she was 10, she understood and grasped advance calculus. She advanced herself in college by the age of 14 and was the first and youngest magna cumlaude to have graduated in a bachelor’s degree of mechanical engineering at the age of 18. How the hell was Chanyeol going to keep up with all that? I mean for starters, not once was he ever part of the honour roll in his elementary and high school years, never was he awarded for anything worth recognizable and in every goddamned semester for 3 years, he always failed one particular subject. Needless to say, he’s practically the black sheep of the family.

 

 

“I think Choi sonsaengnim hates me.” Murmured Chanyeol negatively as soon as they got out of the engineering building. He cringed inwardly at the thought of his professor’s spine tingling glower.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

 

 

“Oh thank God I’m not you.”

 

 

“Gee, thanks, Baekkie…really supportive of you….” He made a metal note to unintentionally electrocute him during their workshop class but in the meantime, he settled for a just a quick whack on his noggin with his trusty T-square.

 

 

“I was just kidding!” whimpered the shorter boy as ‘Mr. whack-a-Bacon’ laughed evilly. He crudely raised both his middle fingers which only made Chanyeol continue his reign of psychotic mirth. Oh how he hated his face when he laughed. The way both his eyes bulge from its sockets and occasionally one of his eyes would crinkle like a demented drug addict who’s out to you with just a single stare, and his teeth! It’s like a friggin’ gold mine. Every time his teeth would come to view when he attempted to grin normally just creeps the hell out of Baekhyun. Was it even possible to have that much teeth? He shook his head lightly, as both boys kept their pace towards the newly constructed building of the architecture department. “Hey, can you hurry up, Yeol? I seriously don’t want to be late for our next class.”

 

 

Chanyeol whined childishly, sitting purposely on a nearby bench. “But it’s not even 4:30 yet!”

 

 

“The bell just rang! Come on, do you really want to be late for Choi sonsaengnim’s class?”

 

 

“I don’t wanna go! Go on without me!”

 

 

“Don’t you dare start with me. COME ON!” Oh hell no. Ain’t no one wanna mess with the sassy diva when he’s trippin’. Unfortunately for Chanyeol, he’s elfish ears were finally of great purpose.

 

 

“OWOWOW! Yah, you’re going to stretch it! I don’t want to become an alpha elf and go to Mordor! OW! Hey, I can walk without you doing this, okay?!”

 

 

Satisfied with his work, Baekhyun released his earlobe and walked peacefully beside him as if nothing happened. “You know, you could always ask help from someone.” Chanyeol grunted sarcastically. “Of course I didn’t mean myself, . Gee, I know I’m not a whiz kid and I simply don’t want to help you for insulting my IQ.” He paused as he huffed slightly as they finally arrived at the second floor. “Goddamned stairs! They should have installed an elevator here.”

 

 

As he was about to agree with his shorter friend’s rant, he suddenly felt the clock ticking in a frozen pace. His heart palpitated abnormally, palms sweating like the Niagara Falls and his stomach churned at the sight before him. Never in his life has he felt that sudden urge to just lunged himself at the arms of a rather beautiful stranger and risk a possible restraining order or a ual harassment claim. GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! His eyes mimicked the movements of the apple of his eye as the latter went opposite their way, heading downstairs obviously. Chanyeol felt his face flush in embarrassment at the look of bewilderment written clearly on the individual’s face. I just had to look back…damn it that was embarrassing! Embarrassing indeed and his supposed best friend just had to acknowledge its occurrence as his freakishly insane laughter resonated throughout the corridors. He definitely knew he was never going to hear to end about it. Aish. Not wanting to be further investigated or be castigated again by Choi sonsaegnim for being late again, he left Baekhyun behind and hurriedly ran towards the last classroom along the hallway. The giddiness never left his system throughout the entire period and only a single thought remained in his mind. Holy , I think I really like that girl with a T-square.

 

------------------------

first chapter is outtttttt~hehe errr was it okay?

 

forgive me for any grammatical error or ish parts huhu ><

 

comments would be nice :D