CHAPTER TWO; AMBER

Tomboy to Princess

 

 

Taemin's mouth was stretched to the floor as he stood in front of the blonde haired beauty in front of him.

"A-A-mm-ber," he said again.

"You already said that, pabo," Minho said. Minho had been studying Amber too, so had the others; they just didn't make it noticeable.

"What happened to you?" Taemin asked. "Who ruined you-," he was cut off.

"Who made you hot?" Jonghyun said raising his eyebrows.

Every guy in class took Amber  through their eyes. She had on a cute blue mini skirt, long tanned toned legs, cute toes painted with pink nail polish adored in a pair of white sandals. Her upper body was wearing a white tank top with a light blue jacket on.

Though her friends didn't want to admit it, Amber was hot. She was defiantly not a tomboy anymore!

Then they slowly made their way up to her face. Her eyes sparkled under the light makeup she was wearing, a natural beauty. Then their eyes travelled to her lips adore by pink lip gloss.

Amber was then jerked to the right, someone holding her hand. Everyone turned their attention to the monkey boy, Lee HyukJae holding her hand, kneeling on one knee.

"Amber, what a beautiful name," he said.

"Okay," she said slowly.

"Want to be my girlfriend?" he said, giving her a wink.

"Back off pal," Jonghyun said. He grabbed Amber and dragged her back to the group. They stopped right in front of Taemin. Taemin circled and stared at her suspiciously.

"Are you sure you're Amber?" he questioned.

Amber sighed. "Yes Taemin," she answered.

"LIES," he screamed. "The Amber I know would never wear skirts or those kinds of shoes, basically show her legs, feet, hair, face-,"

"I get the point," Amber sighed.

Then Taemin pointed at her chest.

"And where did those come from?" he said. "Care to explain?" he finished.

BAM!

Taemin was on the floor in seconds with an angry Amber hovering over him.

"Ok, you're definitely Amber," he said before he fainted.

"Where were you all summer?" asked Jonghyun. "Yeah," Key said wondering.

Taemin jumped up from the floor. "You didn't answer any of my letters, respond to the packages I sent you, e-mail, or call," Taemin whined.

Taemin burst into tears. Everyone looked at him. "What, a man can't show his feelings?" Taemin said.

"Well, it's kind of a long story," she said.

"Well, we have time," Minho answered.

"Ok, well my mother-," she started and then was interrupted by Taemin.

"Ahh, I knew she was the culprit," Taemin answered.

"Wow, he knows big words," Minho said.

"Culprit isn't a big word," Taemin said.

"Shut up, "Minho said.

"Anyway," she continued. "This summer my mom-," she was interrupted once again.

"Hey, take your seats and be quiet so I can finish taking roll," Tablo said.

"I'll tell you guys later," Amber whispered to the guys. She then took her seat next to Key.

Tablo finished taking roll just before the bell rang signalling them to go to their first period class. The guys and Amber walked out into the hallway and pulled out their schedule.

"So, what class are you guys going to next?" Amber asked.

"Geometry," answered Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin together.

"Wow, me too," she answered. "With Tablo?" she asked.

"Yeah," the guys answered.

"Wait…how do Jonghyun and Taemin  get to take geometry," Minho asked.

"I was thinking that too," said Key.

"Cause we're smart," Jonghyun and Taemin replied.

"Sure," Minho said in disbelief.

"What are you taking Key?" Amber asked. "Biology," he answered.

"And you Onew?"

"Calculus, what a drag," he answered.

"WHOA, YOU'RE TAKING CALCULUS?" Taemin screamed.

"Yeah," Onew sighed.

"But…most people don't take that for their junior year," Jonghyun answered.

"Onew's just smart like that," Amber smiled.

"Well…I have to go," he answered. Onew then walked away from the group to his class.

"Me too," Key said.

Amber waved good-bye to Onew and Key while  her and the others walked to Geometry.

Amber was walking in front of the guys, them walking behind. Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun couldn't help but notice the looks she was getting for the guys as they walked to class.

Minho made sure to send a glare to each and every one of them when they walked pass.

"They're staring at her as if she some piece of meat," Minho said.

"Yeah," Taemin sighed.

Minho turned his head to see Taemin staring at Amber’s short skirt flap against her legs as she walked.

"ert," Minho whispered.

"I'm not a ert," Taemin whispered a back. "I'm just making….observations," Taemin finished.

"Right," Jonghyun said.

"Oh be quiet," Taemin said. "You were staring too," Taemin glared.

"I was not," Jonghyun blushed.

They reached their class to find all the good seats taken in the back.

"Great," Amber said, "We'll have to sit in the front," she sighed.

They sat in four seats in the front. Minho was seating next to Amber, Taemin behind Amber, and Jonghyun behind Minho. A soft puff was heard at the front of the class.

"Hello class, I'm your math teacher, Tablo," said the teacher.

Taemin stood on top of his desk.

"Hey, you were the homeroom teacher in A215," Taemin pointed out.

"Yes, and I'm your math teacher now, sit down," he ordered.

"Okay we will be doing a math project and you will be partners with the person sitting next to you," Taemin answered.

"ON THE FIRST DAY," the class screamed.

"Yes," Taemin said.

"Minho, looks like we'll be working together," Amber smiled. Minho smiled back at Amber.

"Man, I have to work with dino boy," Taemin whined. "And I have to work with the idiot," Jonghyun whined.

"No students, the people in the first four rows you work with the person to your left," he explained. "The other two rows over here, you work with the person to your right," Tablo stated.

Minho turned to his right to see a weird brunette girl blinking her eyes. There was so much makeup on her face he thought it was a mask. The dress she was wearing was way to short and cut really low.

"Umm…is there something in your eye?" Minho asked.

"No silly," the girl giggled.

'She sounds like a squirrel," Minho thought.

"My name is Yuri," she said. She leaned in closer so that her cleavage was about to burst out of the dress. "What's yours?" she tried to whisper in a y voice.

"Minho," he answered simply.

"Ohhh…y," she whispered.

'Great, I'm going to be doing all the work," he thought.

Taemin turned to his left to see a girl with chocolate brown hair and brown eyes. She was pointing her fingers together, stealing glances at him.

"Hey, my name's Taemin," he smiled.

"M-m-M-y n-a-a-m-,"she fainted on the floor.

"OMG, I'VE KILLED MY PARTNER," Taemin screamed.

Jonghyun turned to his right to see a fair skin boy and short hair.

"Hi, my name is Kyuhyun," the boy said.

"Excuse me, but…um I don't want to work with him…he looks creepy," Jonghyun said. "I mean, he has this creepy smirk on his face."

"Too bad," Tablo answered.

Amber raised her hand. "Excuse me, sir," Amber said. "There is nobody to my left," Amber explained.

The door then opened to reveal a guy with blonde hair and brown glasses.

"Sorry, I'm late, I was getting my schedule changed," Jiyong explained.

"Well there, you have a partner," he said.

It was then Amber's turn to stand on top of her desk. She pointed a finger at Jiyong.

"THERE IS NO WAY I'M WORKING WITH THAT JERK," Amber screamed.

Jiyong glanced over at Amber pointing at him.

"Come on babe," Jiyong smirked. He walked to his desk and sat down at his desk, and looked up at Amber.

"I'm enjoying the view," he said.

Amber jumped of the desk blushing slightly.

"I'm still not working with him," she said.

"Why not, you don't even know me and you're judging me," Jiyong smiled.

"Oh, we know each other pretty well," she glared at Jiyong.

"Where, do I know you from?" he asked. He then grabbed Amber's hand and laid a light kiss on it. "Cause I'm sure I would remember such a pretty face," he smirked.

"We met on the plane," she answered.

"I still don't remember," Jiyong frowned.

"I was going to the restroom before you cut in front of me," she continued.

Jiyong continued to think; minutes later his mouth fell to the ground.

"Y-o-uuu, we-r-e t-ha-t GUY," Jiyong managed to say.

"Yes," Amber glared.

Jiyong then pulled Amber towards him.

"Well, I must admit I like the new you better," Jiyong smirked.

Minho's eyes then turned evil. "Back up buddy," he glared.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you already have a boyfriend," Jiyong sighed.

"WHAT?" Amber and Minho screamed in union.

"HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND," Amber screamed.

"SHE'S NOT MY GIRLFRIEND," Minho screamed.

"YEA!" screamed Yuri.

Jiyong then pulled Amber into his chest.

"Then I guess you won't mind me taking her then," Jiyong smiled.

"UAL ASSULT!" Taemin screamed. "FOUR-EYES NEEDS TO BE ARESTED!" Taemin continued.

"EVERYBODY SIT DOWN," Tablo screamed.

Everybody ran to their seat and sat quietly.

"Now you will work with your partner, no changing," Tablo said. He walked behind his desk and pulled out a book.

"YAY!" Yuri screamed. She then hugged Minho, trying to give him a kiss.

"Let go of me," Minho growled.

"Ohh, playing hard to get," Yuri purred.

BRRRIIINNNNGGG

"Finally," chorused the class.

"When you come tomorrow I will explain what you will be doing on the project," Tablo said.

Amber packed her things up when Jiyong came behind her and whispered in her ear.

"See you at lunch….honey," he smirked.

"That jerk," Amber scolded.

"Come on Amber," Jonghyun said. "At least we all have gym together," Jonghyun chirped.

"Yeah," Amber smiled.

"And don't worry about four-eyes," Taemin said. He then put and arm around Amber and pulled her closer. "I have everything under control," Taemin winked.

"Oh brother," Amber sighed. "Taemin can you let go of me?" Amber glared.

"Oh sorry," Taemin blushed.


When the rest of them got to the gym, half the class had already dressed out. Onew and Key were sitting on a bench staring at the other guys play basketball.

Amber headed to the girl locker room while the guys headed to the boys.

The guys came out three minutes later.

"Great, now we have to wait for the rest of the girls to come out," Key sighed.

Ten minutes later the rest of the girls decided to come out. Every single one of them was wearing super short shorts and either had on a sports bra or a tank top. Amber emerged from the locker room.

She had on knee length capris, a short sleeve shirt, and a jacket.

"Wow, Amber you have on more clothes on then most of the girls in the class," Jonghyun observed.

"Yeah, I guess so," she answered.

"Maybe you want to go and change then," Taemin winked.

Amber was about to go and hit Taemin when something screamed.

"Minnnhhhooooo," Yuri screamed.

The gang turned around to see a brunette waving at Minho. She then went over to a bunch of girls and they all started to giggle. They started to check out the guys until their eyes landed on Amber. They then glared daggers at her.

"Well Amber it seems the other girls are jealous that you're hanging out with 5 hotties," Taemin smiled.

"Five? I only see four," Amber smirked. She walked over to go get a basketball.

"WAIT," Taemin screamed. "AM I INCLUDED IN THE FOUR?" Taemin screamed chasing after her.

Amber grabbed a ball and headed for the court.

"Amber, I'm going to get some soda," Taemin said. "You want some?"

"No," Amber answered.

She bounced the ball a couple of times and shot a 3 pointer.

"Lucky shot," said a deep voice behind her.

Amber turned around to face a guy with pale skin, dark eyes and black hair. He was a head taller than her, just smirking away.

"Excuse me," Amber said.

"I said lucky shot, there is no way a girl can be good at basketball," Siwon smirked.

She was going to be just like the rest of them, he thought. Fall for my good looks and charm.

A heavy basketball hit Siwon in the face and he fell to the ground. He popped right up holding his nose.

"You broke my nose," he said in a nasal voice.

"Too bad, maybe you should think before you ever try to insult me again," Amber said. She her heel and walked away. She then bumped into a solid chest. She backed up and looked up to see a really hot guy.

'Hot guy, WHOA BAD THOUGHT, BAD,' Amber thought.

He too had pale skin, but short brown hair and these intense eyes.

"My apologies for my little brother's behaviour," he said.

He then slowly lifted her hand and brought it to his mouth where he lightly kissed it. Amber was turning red as a tomato and was having trouble breathing.

"My name is Seunghyun," he said smoothly. "What's yours?"

Amber then had enough time to collect herself. She then stepped on Seunghyun's toe.

"None of your business, and I would appreciate if you would keep your kisses to yourself," she smirked.

She then walked back over to the guys.

"OKKKKKK, YOUUUTTTTTHHHHHHFFFFUUUULLLLL STUUUUUDDDEEENNNNTTS," screamed a man. Everyone turned around to see their gym teacher.

"Oh My God," Amber whispered.

"OK, WERE GOING TO PLAY BASKETBALL," Byunghyun screamed. "ANY QUESTIONS?"

Taemin raised his hand. "Why are you screaming?" Taemin asked.

"ANYONE CARE TO ANSWER THE QUESTION?" he screamed again.

"YES, SCREAMING IS VERY YOUTHFUL," Lee HyukJae screamed.

"Okay, everybody that wants to play basketball head to the court," Byunghyun announced.

Almost every guy headed to the court, including Amber. All the rest of the girls sat on the bleachers and did their hair or nails. Other girls were reading books or doing homework. The other boys were either trying to flirt with the girls or sleeping.

"Oh look dino-girl is the only girl to play," someone laughed.

Amber turned to see the guy from before.

"Okay," Byunghyun said.

"Team 1 will go over here as I read your name off the roll," he announced

“Siwon, Eunhyuk, Seunghyun, Kyuhyun, Chen and Xiumin”

"Team 2 over here," he said.

“Taemin, Minho, Key, Onew, Jonghyun and Amber”

"Ha, they got the girl," Siwon smirked.

"Well, you'll be crying when we beat your butts," Amber glared.

"Why don't we make a deal, aye?" Siwon smirked.

"I'm listening," she said.

"If my team wins, you have to give me a kiss," Siwon smirked.

"And if I win?" Amber asked.

"I'll let you pick what I have to do or whatever," he explained.

"Okay," Amber smiled.

"Well what is it?" Siwon questioned.

"I'll tell you after you lose," Amber smiled.

"Am…are you sure you should be doing this?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah, what if you lose?" Taemin cried. "Then you have to kiss simon boy," Taemin pointed.

"My name is Siwon," he answered.

"Don't worry guys," Amber smiled. "I know how to play basketball,"

"But you have been at beauty school," Key answered.

"You haven't played in about 3 months," Minho stated.

"Yeah and if Simon boy touches you, it's on," Taemin spat.

"It's Siwon," he said once again.

"Oh stay over there," Taemin said.

"Don't worry guys," Amber smiled. "I'm not going to lose," her smile growing bigger.

Byunghyun-ssam blew his whistle. "Pick your player for the jump shot," he announced.

Siwon walked up to the circle for his team, Amber for her team.

Siwon glanced at Amber’s lips. There was something about this girl that he liked.

"I can't wait till after we win the game," Siwon whispered.

"Me too," Amber smirked.

Byunghyun-ssam blew the whistle and through the ball into the air.

"GO!"