Chapter 6

Even If It's Hurt

A/N: Guys, i'm really sorry for the long hiatus, and i felt really really bad because despite the lack of update, but the number of subscribers keep increasing. I appreciate it, thanks guys, love u all ^^~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Holding a calendar with both hands, while eyes keep on staring at the same spot for almost 10 minutes, a heavy sigh can be heard echoing in the empty guest room. The clock hanging at the center of the adjacent wall on the left side showing the current time which read 1.30 a.m. Having difficulty to sleep, tossing on the comfy bed beside Hyukkie for almost 20 minutes, I decided to not interrupt his sleeping and do something more beneficial which I ended up here thinking wisely and deeply for the particular date that had been circled with a red marker.

 

“How could I forget that special day and there are only 3 days left, what can I do with that short period of time? Guess that I’m too caught up with other things rather than being a good and responsible wife, while Hyukkie has been a perfect husband for me”

 

Earlier today while I was cleaning our bedroom, I came across a journal which been kept in the second drawer on our nightstand. Reading through it which I ended up spending about an hour on it, I figured a huge circle mark on a certain particular date with a small heart drawing on the right side. After some seconds passed, I widened my eyes in surprise, surely Lee Donghae, how could you forget about that important day? Shame on you. Glancing at the clock that showed 4.30 p.m I hurriedly finish the cleaning with a reminder in the back of my head to revise back on the journal some time later.

 

So, right now, here am I, sitting in the guess room to at least come up with some sort of plan. Walking back and forth for about half an hour, I realize that this will not help, maybe some plain cold water will help me clear my mind a bit though. Glancing towards the table calendar lying on the bed, the big red mark seems to mock me and bring back the guilty feeling inside of me. I close the door slowly, walking with light steps heading to the kitchen in an attempt to ease my mind, forgetting about the D-day in 3 days ahead, but without the image of the calendar showing the red mark on the date 17th May, with my hand writing of “Our day- Donghae married to Hyukjae, officially <3

 

Still wearing the frown on my face, I never realize that I actually had been standing beside the kitchen counter for around 5 minutes, staring on the space in front of me which happen to be the refrigerator. Shaking my head, I proceed on grabbing the glass and pouring some water. Taking a sip from it, my mind keep on thinking to make that day somewhat perfect for the both of us, since it is our first anniversary as a married couple.

 

Tapping the glass with my fingers is actually one of my habits whenever I feel anxious, desperate of coming up with a meaningful event on the D-day. My right hand which unconsciously being brought to my lips, biting the nails while my mind running wild with the same thought, should I? Failing to detect someone presence behind my back, the glass in my grip almost fall and breaking into tiny little pieces on the marble floor when a large palm placed itself on my shoulder, startling me to death.

 

Turning abruptly in the same position to face the person, which of course no other than Hyukjae, my charming husband with his sleepy face and he is trying his best to open his single lidded eyes. Cute.

 

“Hae, what are u doing here this late? I’m lonely and cold lying by myself on our big bed without your warmth and presence”

 

This Lee Hyukjae of mine is really a something, how can he be so cheesy even in his sleepy state?

 

“Well, apparently I feel thirsty, so u see, I have to get up and walk to our kitchen and get a glass of water” showing him my glass that by now is half filled, actually I only manage to take a sip of it despite my long presence in the kitchen.

 

I just feel like pinching his cheek right now because he is actually sleeping while standing straight in front of me. Chuckling a little, a naughty thought come into my mind. Glancing at the glass in my hand which has some water droplet on its surface resulting from the condensation of the cold water, I stifle a giggle.

 

Putting one of my hands on his waist, Hyukkie doesn’t budge even a little bit from his standing-sleeping position. He is surely in a deep sleep, bet he is really tired from the whole day of working. Ever so slowly, I bring the glass close to his face, eyeing him as to ensure that he is not waking up in any minute now. With a smirk plastered on my face, I bring the glass near to his cheek; let it rest there for about 15 seconds to see his reaction.

 

Hyukkie reaction is surely one of the things that have to be recorded so that I can play it over and over again as my laughing treatment whenever I feel down. He practically jumps on his spot with his eyes widen about twice of the actual size, due to the shock of something cold and wet sensation on his left cheek. I can’t help but to burst out laughing looking at his reaction which is really epic and priceless because after recovering from the shock, he still stare at me with the unbelievable expression written all over his face.

 

I keep laughing for about 5 minutes or so until my stomach become hurt, but the man standing in front of me just keep looking at me, this time with his eyebrow knitted together, squinting his single lidded eyes a little bit. Finally, my laugh subsided with a hand rest on my belly in order to lessen the hurt.

 

“Done laughing over my misery Mrs. Lee?” I can sense something on his tone, Hyukjae only talk using that voice when he is actually planning something mischievous in his mind. This is not good. He keeps on taking small steps forward, whilst I keep on backing away and we only stop when there is no more space left between us.

 

Leaning his face slowly till his tip of nose touching mine softly, now I can clearly see that the sleepiness earlier on totally washed from his face, instead, it is replace with a playful smirk lingering on that handsome figure.  

 

In a blink of an eye, my body being lifted on a broad shoulder, and in a split second, my vision now is on his back, he seriously carry me up like I am only weighed a kilogram. Too stunt to say something, Hyukkie proceed on to our bedroom with big steps.

 

He practically throw my back on our soft, comfy bed once reaching the bedroom, causing me startle a little with his action. Crawling towards me, with eyes showing a glint of some eagerness, and the combination of the red rosy plump lips action, makes me shudder. Is Hyukkie serious? But…

 

His next action makes my heart beat speed up, hugging me possessively, his face on the crook of my neck, and his warm breathing causing me speechless. I guess my face now looks like some scared kid hiding in a corner, after being discovered breaking her mother’s favorite vase. Hearing his words, whispering into my left ear, manages to slow down my frantic heartbeat, and I totally relax in his loving embrace. After some minutes, I can feel his steady breathing slowly hitting my neck, indicating that he has once again fallen into sleep. I gently place my hands on his back, patting softly, just like when my mom putting me into sleep while singing some lullabies, with a happy smile plastered on her face.

 

My eyelids feel heavy with each time passing by and before complete darkness engulfing me, Hyukkie’s whispered words keep echoing inside my head and my lips unconsciously stretch into a tiny smile,

 

 

“I know you are not ready yet, hon. Don’t worry, I will not do anything, let’s just sleep like this, hmm?”    

 

 

He really knows me; after all, he is my other half.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Well, a really short update, but i promise i will make it up for the next chapter. Lately i'm having major writer's block, and the pack schedule of daily routine and so on, so yeah, hope u guys can understand it. By the way, dont forget to comment, maybe that will help me a little, any suggestions and recommendation will also be helpful. Love ya ^^