Chapter 4

Even If It's Hurt

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It had been 3 days after the family day out with Hyukjae’s family, and truthfully, I found myself keep thinking about the talked with her younger sister, despite the happiness I received throughout the day. The small conversation we had while sitting under a huge shady tree, on the picnic mat, watching the boys, Hyukjae and daddy playing beach volleyball with some tourists, left only the two of us as mommy went to the restroom.

 

**************

Enjoying the windy sea breeze slap gently upon my face with my closed eyes and a genuine smile plastered on my face, I can feel a presence taking a place beside me.

“I see that u are really happy with your life now”

Squinting my eyes a little bit, adjusting the sunlight reflected on the surface of the sea water

“Yes, I am. He is such a wonderful husband” I can’t help putting a big smile as the thought of me as his wife now

A low chuckle escaped from the person sitting beside me, causing me to tilt my head on her direction

“Sorry, well, I just think that, yeah, u should be happy, because who knows how long this marriage will be last, right? So, enjoy and be happy while u still can” she finished her sentence while looking directly into my eyes

‘Is she threatening me?’

Before I can open my mouth to response back, she interrupted me, still with her intense stare, leaning towards me just a little, whispering

“One year after this, I will be back…………...for good”

The tension building up between us soon disappear as mommy came back with a gigantic size of flying kite, grabbing my wrist and dragging me towards the sea shore, far from everyone else.

**************

 

The front door open slightly ajar startling me from the day dream, glancing at the clock hanging on our living room’s wall painted with baby blue color, I realized that my husband has come back. I hurriedly walk along the hallway towards the door as to welcome him back from a whole day of working, and I bet he is dead tired.

“Hey baby, how is your day?” I should be the one who is asking him that judging from this look on his face; nevertheless, he never failed to amuse me with a big smile plastered on his face

“I’m doing good Hyukkie, and guess what? I made some strawberry cupcake that mommy taught me last week for our dessert tonight” his eyes immediately show a sparkle of anticipating hearing his second addiction, the first one is of course me, to be specific, my lips.

“Yup, I know u can’t wait to have a bite of it, but not before u have your shower properly, I have already prepared a nice hot bath tub filled also with your strawberry scented shower gel. Now, go, while I set up the table and heat the dishes” taking the briefcase from his grasp, and pushing him towards the staircase, hoping that he will comply.     

But my effort went futile as he turn his body in an attempt of facing me completely, he stand still without saying anything for a good one minute. I eyed him with a confuse look, until he suddenly sneak his arm around my waist, pulling me with such a force I never though he still has it despite a tiring day, causing me to stumble into his body.

“I may be addicted to the strawberry, heck, I am addicted to it, but somehow, u still know the best what is the most addicted ‘drug’ to me, correct hun?” I just hum in response, still with my face buried on his shoulder.

He push me a little bit from him, just enough for us to feel our warm breath through each other, he is actually staring intently at my lips, I my dry lips making it more tempted to him, yes, I purposely do that. He groans lowly before smashing his plump red rosy lips to mine and I smile into the kiss, only god knows how happy I am right at this moment.

We pull away after minutes of deep passionate kiss, panting for air, a smile never left our faces. He places both of his palms on my cheeks, caressing it softly with so much love until I nearly fall for it, the last time we did exactly like this, we end up on our bed with the dinner left cold and untouched on the dining table.

“U naughty wife, purposely your thin y lips in front of your needy husband just so that u could lure me right?” I stuck out my tongue to more, he hisses, taking a deep breath in order to control himself

“Lee Donghae, do that again and I will eat you up, right here, right now” his voice somehow shaking a bit, showing how frustrated and determined he is.

Releasing myself from the hug, I take a step back as to make a safe distant from being attack by him, seriously, when Hyukjae is needy, trust me; it is not good, for me. Shaking my head from left to right, disagreeing with what he thinks,

“Na ah, nope. Shower first, dinner, then….” pausing for a moment, just to see a glint of hope in his eyes, I stifle a giggle due to his reaction after I continue the hanging sentence, “Sleep”

His shoulders drop as all the eagerness vanish in an instant, poor my hubby, but this is all for him since tomorrow is still a working day for both of us. If we do something naughty tonight, he will end up late for his work, and that is a bad example for a soon CEO-to-be.

He drags his feet lazily towards upstairs, climbing each of the staircases with a heavy sigh as it seems to be the hardest task to be done in the world. Once he is out of my sight, my mind flew back to the conversation with Jieun, the smile on my face slowly fade away as I keep think on the hidden meaning behind those words,

“One year after this, I will be back…………...for good”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Dont forget to comment, i really need it, thank you. Oh, subscribe will be help too ^^