Chapter 3

Even If It's Hurt

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Today is a public holiday as we decided to visit Hyukjae’s parents, plus my mother-in-law kept ringing me the past few days pleading me to have a day with them, spending quality family time, as she called it.

Lying on my side while watching his sleeping figure makes me feel calm and safe, knowing that I have a perfect life surrounded with people that love me with their sincere heart. Bringing my left hand towards his face, slowly yet gently glide my fingers through his forehead, nose, then to the plump lips that I love the most. I watch as how his face change at every single little touch I made, giggling to myself till doesn’t realize that the man is actually awake and he grabs my wrist, halting my movement.

“This naughty hand” he brought my hand to his lips and kisses it softly, with his eyes still close. I try pulling back my hand from his grip only to be tightening more by him, and his next moves make me yelp in surprise, he just bites my fingers. I could only stare at him with my big doe eyes

“Little pretty fingers need to be punished” he said that after opening his eyes and grinning at me such a 5 years old kid. “Morning hun” kissing the corner of my lips, “Is that your new way of waking me up? Because I’m gladly being awake like that every day”

 He slid an arm below my nape and gently pulling me into his warm embrace, facing his broad chest “Mmmm…u are so squishy” by that he tightens the hug, suffocating me a little bit. I simply smile towards his actions, “Are u planning something more?” I ask feeling his arm slowly move to the hem of my night gown while I try to look at his face, refused to answer my question; he leaned down a little bit, whispering in my ears, sending shivers down my spine,

“Let’s have some fun on bed sweetie” I can feel his smirk right behind my ear, in a split second he flips our position, hovering above me. Smiling a little bit, before he start tackling me until I can’t breathe properly, and he keep his palm on my sides even after my laughter subside. Giving his loving gaze straight into my eyes, soon I found his thumb wiping away some tears from the corner of my eyes “I love u” kissing my left eyes “so much” then proceed to the right.

One hour later, we are already in the car heading to Hyukjae’s parents house which takes about 45 minutes’ drive. We don’t bother having our breakfast first since we practically know that all things have been set in my in-law’s house. Reaching the front door of the cozy yet homey house, we are greeted happily with hugs and kisses from my lovely mother-in-law as she is so excited seeing us in the early morning.

“Aww Hae, mommy misses u so much, and today we will be having all fun to ourselves as me and your daddy has planned on a special picnic at the nearby beach, I know u love sea so much, we can enjoy our day-off as a big happy family!” she practically yelling throughout the whole explanation in excitement. I sincerely give my big smile to her because really she is just like my mom, always cheerful and love baking.

Talking about my mom, a sad feeling tugging my heart thinking that she had been through a faraway journey, leaving me alone 3 years after my dad went missing during his mission as he worked under somewhat government investigation agents. The memories of how I had to survive living alone at such a young age has bring me to face the harsh fact of reality and also making me  mature enough in deciding something.

“What’s with all the commotion in this early morning? I still need my sleep, mommy and I can hear your voice clearly from my room upstairs” an annoyed voice coming from the stairway which belong to a young girl in her early twenties, wearing a pink silk pajama.

“Oh honey, mommy so sorry but I’m too excited seeing your sister right here since we haven’t seen each other for months although their house is not that far from ours” the said girl still standing on the stairway, leaning her slender body on the adjacent wall. Rolling her eyes before answer to her mother still with the annoyance lacing in her voice

“But yesterday when I came back all the way from England, sitting in the flight for hours until I had a very bad cramp and jet lag too, reached in the house sadly greeted by the maids bowing stiffly to me. Are u being serious, mommy?”

Daddy that had been standing beside Hyukjae all the time decided to speak up, “Enough with the argument ladies. Jieun, go take your shower and get ready, we are having breakfast in 15 minutes, then we will straightly ahead to the beach” stomping her feet showing her disappointment, she proceed to do what she had been instructed, daddy is scary when he is in his strict mode.

Lee Jieun, a younger sister to Lee Hyukjae, the one and only precious daughter to Mr. and Mrs. Lee, younger than me by 2 years, a pretty and cute young lady in the house. I haven’t seen her in a long time since our weeding as she had to went back to her college, studying music as her major mostly in vocal part, simply because she is born with that gift. Seeing her today, I assume that she probably having a long summer holiday as I remembered Hyukjae said that they barely gather together as a one whole family because their little princess only go back home once a year.

Settling ourselves on the dining table, with me seated beside my husband, the maids starts to serve our dishes, which I can describe as a full table meal. Few minutes later, Jieun came down wearing a casual outfit, taking the only available seat across me, faking a sweet smile. We start devouring the delicious foods while having some chit chatting, but I can’t help feeling an intense glare from the person sitting in front of me. Slowly, I lift my face with a small smile to look at her only to be stared back for about a good 2 minutes, before being interrupted by mommy’s voice

“Hae darling, here, take a bite, I just learn how to bake yummy strawberry cupcake, after this u have to learn from me since your dear husband love strawberry to death. And I bet he willing to sacrifice himself over a strawberry” daddy burst out laughing, whereas my hubby keep pouting while murmuring ‘I am more willing to sacrifice myself for Hae than that strawberry’

Me too laughing along with them, nonetheless from the corner of my eyes, I can see that someone stabbing the piece of meat on her plate with too much force, clearly disliking the situation right now.  

 

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: guys, i really feeling sad because this story has not receive much comment, and it makes me wonder if this story is boring? i just need u guys to respond upon the progress of this fic. Please, just leave a simple comment will enough to make me happy and motivated to update