Prologue

A Thorn For A Rose

Endless High School was haunted – or so were the rumors among its occupants.

The teachers didn’t believe it of course, and even if they did, they gave out nothing to the students. The Principal, Professor Kim Jaejoong was a stern man. He had tried to quell such rumors all through his time as a teacher and later as the Principal but the imagination and mouths of adolescent boys ran faster and farther than he believed. They were always a step ahead of him and as a result, throughout the years, the rumors had persisted and Endless High had been branded with a name it didn’t deserve.

 

Nothing had happened, except for a few unrelated events, to offer any proof to the popular belief.

The events, Prof. Kim doubted were fancies of the students or a result of their over productive imagination. He had believed none of the -and-bull stories about there being a secret passageway on the fourth floor or how students fainted if they stayed too long in the changing room alone. He had told the parents as much, assuring them over and over again that there was nothing to worry.

The parents were torn – on one side Prof. Kim, who was universally revered, vehemently refused that anything unusual existed at Endless High and being modern citizens, they couldn’t exactly argue with him on the matter. On the other side, their children swore and some students claimed themselves to be eyewitnesses.

 

It didn’t help that Endless High was situated in an almost dilapidated but gigantic building, way out of the city with nothing but trees for miles in the surroundings. The classrooms were all on the first floor, along with the cafeteria and assembly room. A great oaken staircase led to the upper floors which were the students’ housings. The teacher’s lived in an adjacent building, newer and much more modern than the main building.

Even though the building looked old, it was fitted with modern facilities so even though the students were actually far away from the city, they didn’t feel it. It wasn’t a large school, the population was only 200, with 100 students in each class.

 

For a school rumored to be haunted, everything went by well and peacefully. The students lived with their fantasies of one-eyed vampires and the teachers either laughed or scolded when they read ‘Stressed from the monster in the third floor bathroom’ as the reason for leave of absence. Professor Kim was as stern and constant as ever, until a series of events threw the whole school into jeopardy.