Mission: Sabotage

Boys over Towers

 

           The day of the wedding had come and Tao was in the room he was provided in, laying on the bed and exhaling rather loudly. No one from the MK had come at all during the week, and he had withdrawn from school to take care of his future wife.

           “No one even bothered…” He felt betrayed, even if he was the one who had betrayed them. Was he really going to get married to a girl he didn’t know, let alone like?

           He heard a knock on the door and quickly lifted himself up, hoping that Kris would burst through the door. “Master Huang, the reception will start in a few minutes.” A man in black had bowed in respect and retreated.

           Tao fell in to a deeper whole of sadness, slamming himself into the bed. “What the hell are you thinking, Huang Zitao! No one will come for you. You’re some sick bastard. You’re horrible. You . Jesus!”

           “Yeah you kind of are.” Tao was bouncing on his bed while lying down, and had been so surprised of the voice behind him he had bounced off the bed.

           “B-Baekhyun?!” Baekhyun was dressed in a white suit, the one Chanyeol had picked out for him the day before. His inner shirt was black and his tie white, a bit too tight around the neck. He was constantly pulling at it to gain relief.

           “W-why are you here?” Tao was sitting upright, staring at the small boy sitting on the sofa chair near the door.

           “Your father invited me on that day, so I thought it would be rude if I didn’t go.” Baekhyun was smiling, still looking at Tao.

           “A-are the others with you?” He asked a bit expectantly. Baekhyun returned his expression with a frown. “I’m sorry, nope.” He looked down in shame.

           “I tried to convince them, but they gave up. They said, ‘do what you want!’” Baekhyun said as he (tried to copy) copied Kris’ voice.

           “Well, I kind of expected that.” Tao exhaled. Baekhyun could see how miserable Tao looked. “Do you really want to get married, though?” Baekhyun was frowning.

           “To be frank, I don’t.” Tao said as he grinded his teeth. “I don’t even know Chunhua personally. Like, for the past 4 days we went to China, we seriously don’t click.” He sighed.

           “Well, I’m sorry. I can tell you to run away now, but I don’t think that’ll do any good.” Baekhyun was fiddling with the lace on the sofa, avoiding Tao’s gaze.

           Tao remained silent, and Baekhyun thought this of his cue to leave. “I’ll be outside… Well, good luck.” Baekhyun threw him an encouraging smile, still a bit ashamed of not being able to help out the miserable man.

           Tao couldn’t help but feel helpless. A bunch of guys entered his room to get him dressed and he knew that this was it.

--------------

           It was quarter to 4, and the wedding was to take place in 15 minutes. He had been pacing back in forth in the lobby, still unsure of what he should do. “Oh , I really am getting married.” He was biting his lip uncontrollably.

           The 15 minutes passed, the ceremony began. Tao looked around to find something, someone, he doesn’t know. He couldn’t find Baekhyun in sight, either. In the end, his friends abandoned him.

           He felt pain rising in his stomach. When he knew that he was nearing the vows, he swallowed hard and had mentally thought of a plan. I’m going to say no. I’m going to refuse the vow. I can do this. He was mentally preparing himself as the vows came.

           “I do…” He had been too immersed in his plan that Chunhua had finished saying her vows. The priest was saying his now, and when he was about to say ‘I don’t’ the sound of the door slamming against the walls were stopped him.

           “Well then, we seem to be a tad bit late.” Tao could feel his heart leap out of his mouth. He was about to cry when he saw Kris, sporting a black suit, his hair usually slicked back. He was wearing a smile, a smile that he barely gave away.

           “K-Kris?!” Kris’ father shouted, obviously enraged with his son’s rudeness. “I’m sorry dad but…” Kris stopped and walked down the aisle. When he got to the front, he suddenly grabbed Tao’s legs and heaved him into bridal style.

           “I’ll be taking this. Chunhua, you are a very lovely woman but I’m sorry, Tao isn’t the one for you.” Kris said as he turned to the girl. To his surprise, she wasn’t angry. She was giving a beautiful smile and mouthed the words “Thank you.”

           The audience was in awe as Kris carried the younger boy down the aisle. The other boys were standing by the door, laughing their heads off. “Why don’t you guys get married?” Jongin was shouting as he was holding unto Yixing’s shoulder for support.

           “Shut up.” Kris abruptly changed his face into a glare, and Jongin and Yixing did their best to muffle their laughter. Kris then went back to smiling, walked out the door, with the rest following.

           “K-Kris, what’s happening?” Tao managed to blurt out after what had happened. “I thought you… weren’t… going to come…” Tao could feel hot fluid roll down his cheeks.

           Kris didn’t say anything. He kept a straight face and lay Tao down at the seat beside the driver’s seat of a yellow sports car. He had hoped into the driver’s seat and drove off, leaving the rest behind.

           “So.. what’re we gonna do now?” Luhan said as he ruffled his hair. “Wanna go to my house and play video games?” Chanyeol suggested. They were all sporting suits, Luhan and Baekhyun both wearing white, Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin were both wearing black, and Yixing in a gray one.

           “Yeah, let’s go.” Jongin shrugged. Baekhyun just stood there, still confused with what just happened. “You guys didn’t follow my plan!” He shouted.

           “It’s alright, Baekiee. Your plan was a great one but, Kris didn’t want to wait any longer.” Chanyeol said as he wrapped his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders as they walked out. 

----------------

Quick update!!!! So yeah that ends the wedding thing, lets just see what happens next (I MIGHT write a rated M chapter, just a heads up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

Thank you for reading and stuff haha luv ya'll