SECRETLY IN-LOVE 4

SECRETLY IN-LOVE
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Senior year

 

It was the day before prom. The bell rang signalling that it's our lunch break. I stared at her as she walked to my locker.

“myungmyung~ah!” she called me softly.

“wae?” i answered back.

“My date is sick. He can’t go to the prom." she pouted. I looked at her while raising my eyebrows at her. She was looking at me with her puppy eyes. I sighed.

“What do you want?” i asked her softly. She giggled and hooked her arms with mine that made my spine tingle and heart race.

“be my date~” she told me oh-so-cutely. I just looked at her.

“pleeeeeeeeeeeeease~” she held her palms together and rubbed it making cute faces. I looked away trying to avoid her eyes.

“i’m not going to the prom ~~~-ah.” I told her while unhooking her arms from mine and closed the door of my locker.

“meanie! Why aren’t you going?” she pouted again and looked down. She looked very sad.

“i don’t have a date.” I told her. As soon as i said that, she looked up with her glistening eyes and hooked her arms once again with me.

“I don’t have a date and you don’t have a date! Good! Remember our promise?” she smiled at me. That smile! That smile that captivates my heart. I was in a dazed for a while but got snapped back when she shook me.

“wae? Don’t you remember about our promise?”

Yeah the promise. The promise that we made in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates on our prom, we would go together just as "best friends".

“never break your promise with me, bestfriend!” she emphasized the word bestfriend. I don’t know if there’s a meaning behind the word bestfriend or if she’s mocking me that i’m just a bestfriend or it is just me giving words to her words. But one thing is for sure, I know that I’m hurting inside. I sighed real hard.

“arasseo! Let’s go then.” I answered her.

What can i say? i’m defeated. I don’t want to disappoint her. i don’t want to disappoint my love. She pumped her fist happily and that’s when the bell rang again signalling that lunch is already over. I leaned my back to the lockers and closed my eyes. I didn’t even get to eat my lunch and i’m hungry. As i opened my eyes, I saw a sandwich in front of my face. i looked at the hand and saw our friendship ring. I smiled at the sight of it

Please log in to read the full chapter