Chapter 29

Watching Me

-Chapter 29-

Falsehood

 

"Everything you've read, everything you've been told and everything you've probably compiled on your own are all lies. Luhan was really the one at fault for everything here and he is the most dangerous threat of them all."

 

It didn't even take half a second for Sehun to instantly bolt up from the bench and shoot an arm forward to aggressively grab onto Kris' collar. "Are you ing serious right now??!" The younger blared.

Even with Jongdae already at Sehun's side pulling at his arm in an attempt to put some space between the two, Sehun was persistent and kept his unyielding grip locked securely onto Kris' shirt. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?!! Why the wasn't this the first thing you told me when you first saw me?!!" Sehun interrogated to no end. Kris however remained completely unresponsive; any type of emotion appearing to be lost on his face. Not that Sehun would notice anyways what with his vision and senses being completely clouded by all the anger that was coursing through every vein in his body.

"Don't just stand there all silent like you don't hear!!" His body began to visibly tremble. "ING ANSWER ME!!!"

"You wouldn't even listen to me in the first place!!!" The older finally exploded back with an all too rough shove to the chest that caused Sehun to stumble back a couple of steps. "You're talking as if I was purposely keeping silent with you when in reality I can't even get one damn word out without you whining like a spoiled five year old. If anything, it's you’re fault that you finally learned the truth after all this time."

"Kris, Sehun- please. We all didn't come here to fight; that's the last thing we need to pile onto the current state of affairs right now." Jongdae defended, bravely stepping between the two with arms outstretched towards either of them just in case one of them (most likely Sehun) decided to viciously pounce on the other.

Despite Jongdae's effort at establishing mutual peace, Sehun had pushed past him and walked right up into Kris' personal space. It seemed like all eyes were anxiously scrutinizing Sehun; both Jongdae and Kris bracing themselves just in case the worst were to happen, and with Sehun there was always a high possibility of that.

Sehun's hard gaze on the towering Kris unexpectedly softened into a stare of what Kris would describe as an indecisive glare with a subtle glimmer of unintentional grief. "…I'm sorry, okay." He weakly yet boldly confessed. He stepped away from Kris, gazing off to the side and slipping his hands into his denim jean pockets as if that would somehow ease away his now growing discomfort. "I don't like to admit it," he started. "Both to myself let alone to other people, but I'm scared... I'm scared not only for my sister but also for myself. It's not like I'm a completely selfless person. It's true that I care a lot about my sister and have said some pretty crazy things about her to ensure her safety. But I'm still human myself. This whole situation... It really does terrify me and I guess it just makes me angry— restless even. Everything about this whole mess just gets to me and eats away at me. It's turning me into a paranoid lunatic— constantly worrying about not only my sister's safety but my own as well..."

Sehun reluctantly looked up at the two boys watching him, their remorseful stares only adding more venom into the tension blowing around in the air around them and stinging Sehun's masculinity even more. What guy would feel comfortable practically spilling out his guts a.k.a his inner feelings in front of other guys anyways?

Clearing his dry throat anything but smoothly, Sehun quickly added. "I'm sorry alright! I won't interrupt or get you angry anymore. You obviously know a lot more than I do so I'm in no position to talk like I own the place. Just uh go on." With that Sehun awkwardly settled himself back onto the wooden park bench and looked down at the ground. He was hoping his stare off with the cement pavement would somehow make this embarrassing situation pass by faster. Much to his relief, Jongdae had situated himself back onto the bench and Kris had stepped forward to stand at Sehun's side. After receiving a much needed comforting pat on the back from Jongdae, Kris found it right to start speaking now.

"Before I start, is there anything that you just want to know right off the bat?"

"I'm pretty sure you'll eventually answer all my questions without me even asking, so just go ahead and tell me this 'untold story' of yours."

Kris would be lying if he said he wasn't impressed by how cooperative Sehun was being. He hasn't known him for too long so of course seeing this side of the teen was sort of a refreshing change from the angry, impatient and challenging person he was first introduced to. "Alright then. So where should I begin then?" Kris wondered aloud.

"Brace yourself because this is going to be a long story with tons of twists and turns along the way." Jongdae warned Sehun in a sort of reassuring tone. (If it was even possible to warn someone in a reassuring tone that is...)

"Let's start with Yoona and Minseok. They were two average people who, as fate would have had it, became step siblings around their teen years. They were pretty close though. You would think two people who were that far into their lives would find the transition of referring to a complete stranger as a sibling uncomfortable, but the two sort of just clicked as brother and sister. It surprised everyone really how easily they became the closest of siblings.”

“Something that was also notable about Yoona was that she was born with some type of neuromuscular disease.” Sehun arched an eyebrow. Neuromuscular disease? “I don’t remember too well what Minseok told me but from what I can recall, the disease made her legs a bit sensitive and weak. Though it wasn't too serious and didn't render her handicapped, she still had problems with her legs especially her ankles so she always wore a sort of cast around it to help her walk around without a soul even knowing about her problem."

"And then there's Luhan." Kris rolled his eyes, the name rolling off his tongue bitterly. "He was a Beijing man who was the top in his class in business school and had made it big by snagging a job at the most esteemed million dollar business company in all of Asia. He instantly became the top salesman at his company and was looked up to by not only his coworkers but by pretty much everyone in the country of China. You'd think that with all that notoriety and respect, he'd be a humble and considerate man grateful of where he was at life. But no, that's where everyone was dead wrong."

Kris locked eyes with Sehun and made sure that what he was about to say would forever be engrained in Sehun's mind. "Despite what people may have thought or said about him, Luhan was a terrible and selfish man.” The words send shivers down Sehun's spine. He wasn't sure if it was mostly because of Kris’ words or because the boiling blood rushing through his veins were beginning to shake at him from within. "Luhan knew fully well that the world was a very shallow place that judged people for their appearance alone, so he took full advantage of that. Anyone who saw Luhan without knowing a thing about him would instantly assume he was an innocent, peace loving man who wouldn't do a thing to hurt anyone. But behind that smile hid an evil that was completely buried away from the outside world." 

"And as if that wasn't enough, Luhan was also the biggest and best liar there was. You could even say he was a professional at it. Not only were his looks deceiving but he could talk his way through pretty much anything without even showing a hint of deception. Even the most perceptive of people who could spot a lie a mile away believed every word he said. He could say anything, anything at all, and in the blink of an eye that person would be wrapped around his finger. And he took pride in this sick ability of his too- I mean why do you think he would go into the sales business anyways? So he could put his innate persuasion skills to use."

"It's because of this that he was probably such a successful salesman since he could lie and talk his way through pretty much any sale to get to his customers." Jongdae added. 

"He... He sounds like some type of sick maniac." A 'sick maniac' doesn't even scratch the surface of what Sehun really thought of him but he didn't find it appropriate to suddenly spew out a frenzy of offensive names at a critical time like this.

"He really was." Kris acknowledged with a nod. "I hate to point this out but, knowing Luhan... I can only imagine the types of lies he must have been telling your
sister..." The sudden disturbing realization had stuck to Sehun in the most discomforting of ways, though he simply sat there in a passive fashion. Maybe he was still allowing the information to stew in his head a bit longer and waiting for it to finally boil over, or maybe he was just too shocked and angry to even think about lashing out right now. Either way, Sehun remained silent and unmoving as Kris went on.

"I'm sure these individual back stories aren't at all what you wanted to hear." Kris started, taking Sehun's out of character silence as a sign of disinterest. "So I'll get on with the vital information.”

"It's all started with Minseok and Luhan. Minseok was also a businessman at the company but of course was not as highly regarded as Luhan. Nonetheless they met up one day and instantly became the best of friends. To Luhan, Minseok really was his only true friend. It didn't take long for Luhan to eventually meet Minseok's sister Yoona." Sehun made sure to pay full attention at the utterance of Yoona's name. Although Luhan was the main culprit here, it was Yoona whom he wanted to know the most about. He wanted to get the full true story about the woman whom was falsely accused of murder and became synonymously known as a killer until the end of time...

"Minseok remembers Luhan telling him it was a true case of love at first sight. Long story short, they fell in love and eventually got married and it was all thanks to Minseok for introducing the two in the first place." Kris blew out a short sigh and shook his head to himself. "'It was such an innocent love that I saw between the two.' Was what he told me. It was such an innocent love... Such a normal love…" 

"I'm sure you already know that Luhan had personally built that house of yours that he and Yoona and Minseok resided in. Luhan planned to start his own family there with his new wife and his best friend. It was supposed to be the perfect house for the 'perfect family'." 

"Now… here's where it starts to get bad." Sehun gulped in response. "Seeing someone everyday at work is completely different from living under the same roof with them, and Minseok found that out first hand the moment he began living with Luhan. People just aren't the same compared to how they present themselves to the public eye. It didn't take too long for Minseok to notice that. Maybe a week- no less than that, give or take about three days into living all together, Minseok started to notice a strange side of Luhan when he was with Yoona."

Kris looked up at the sky, eyes darting around from one cloud to another as if each one represented one of the many detailed thoughts floating around in his mind that he had to carefully sift through and choose from to say aloud. Sehun was thankfully mindful of the inner hardship Kris was having and remained silent until Kris finally found the words to say next.

"Minseok couldn't clearly explain to me what it was that he picked up on Luhan’s behavior because it seemed like he didn't even know what it was he was observing himself. But all he could really say was that… Luhan was always watching her. Always." You've got to be kidding me... Sehun thought, bringing a hand up to cover his own mouth. "He kept his distance from Yoona but Minseok always caught Luhan looking over at her when she was nearby. Whether she was busying herself with chores, sleeping—hell she could have just been sitting down a couple of inches away from him and he’d be gawking at her." Kris cringed a bit at the unsettling thought. "Even when he got caught in the act by Yoona, he would still have his eyes glued to her. At first it seemed like a simple force of habit thing for him. Yoona was  beautiful after all so it wasn't too surprising. But after a while, those stares he gave her started to seem a little off. It was like he wasn't just staring at her because of her beauty. He was staring at her almost as if he was observing her every move."

"So you're saying," Sehun piped up. "Luhan was basically infatuated with her?"

"Obsessive seems more like a politically correct term to me." Jongdae remarked. "Constantly having her under surveillance 24/7? If that doesn't scream obsession then I don't know what does."

"Kris, did Minseok ever ask Luhan why he was always watching her?" Sehun anxiously asked. Please let it be a logical reason. Maybe it’ll help explain why Luhan was always watching Jaeyun.

"Because he loved her." Sehun blinked at Kris, a bit stunned by the almost instinctive response. "Minseok told me every time he would ask his response was always the same. 'It’s because I love her, Minseok.'" 

That definitely wasn't the type of love Sehun was used to that's for sure and it certainly wasn’t the logical answer he was looking for. It was a creepy motive, that's for sure. But Sehun couldn't help but feel extra creeped out the more he repeated the response in the head over and over again.

It's because I love her, Minseok.

"And how long do you think this silent watching went on?"

"Huh?" Sehun looked up at Kris. The raw stare the blondie shot at him somehow gave off this personal silent message that conveyed that he knew Sehun would know the answer to this if he tried thinking to himself hard enough. "Based on everything that's happened to you and your sister, think hard on this one. How long do you think Luhan’s staring game with Yoona had gone on for?" 

How the hell does he expect me to know? Furrowing his eyebrow, Sehun reached deep down inside of himself in search of the ‘obvious’ answer to his question. He's supposed to know this right? Just think to yourself of a significant time period that could somehow relate to this. And in an instant, all the stories you had told him had rushed past him in a fleeting moment and he immediately knew the answer.

"Luhan was watching over Yoona… For four years, right?"

"I knew you'd somehow know it." Kris approvingly nodded.

"God, I can't even begin to imagine how hard it was for Yoona to have Luhan constantly breathing down her neck for four long, agonizing years..." Jongdae shook his head empathetically. Me too…

"But wait, what do you mean his 'staring game' ended after four years? Did something happen after that?" Sehun quickly questioned, not wanting to miss any catches.

"Several things actually, but I'll try to cut it down short so we won't be here all day." Kris answered. "It's needless to say that at that point in their marriage, they were anything but happy. Yoona wasn't the type who could easily be taken advantage of so of course it didn't take long for her to be fed up with Luhan’s unrelenting scrutiny. So, they argued. A lot. It was beginning to become a daily thing for the two really. You would think with her defying him now that he would ease up on her, but it seemed like the more she tried to resist the more attached he became to her.”

Kris shook his head in disapproval. “And as if he hadn’t already taken away that poor woman’s sanity, he started to follow her around now. Everywhere she went he’d be there; even having the guts to tirelessly ask her where she's going and what she's doing the few minutes she manages to escape from his sights." 

"What did Minseok do about all of this?"

"He wasn't a very controversial person and didn't like to get involved in their disputes no matter how much it hurt to witness his sister and best friend constantly at odds with one another. Then, completely out of the blue, something terrible fell upon all of them. Or rather, something terrible happened to Yoona.”

Sehun had this strong gut wrenching feeling developing in the very pit of his stomach because if fate really was that coincidental, then he knew exactly what Kris was going to say next...

"Luhan eventually broke Yoona's legs, preventing her from walking for the rest of her life." The words hit Sehun right at his very core. So his hunch was right…

"It had happened one day when they were both arguing again. Minseok decided to leave the house for a bit until the two cooled down. And then when he finally returned, Minseok saw it.” Kris lowered his eyes shut, the words Minseok had told him appearing to have been something painful not only to say but apparently to listen to as well.

“He had seen Luhan just standing there. And his sister Yoona was lying in the ground in tears. Luhan never admitted to doing it and for some reason, Yoona never told Minseok the whole story either. But he had a feeling. He was 100% sure that Luhan was to blame for somehow breaking her already weakened legs. He paralyzed her from the waist down for the rest of her life and still had the decency to act as though he had absolutely nothing to do with it.”

“That ing bastard…” Sehun silently fumed. His hands resting on his thighs were balled up into taut fists, quivering with so much bottled up rage.

“Since that day on…” Kris began. “Yoona changed. Part of the reason why Minseok knew Luhan was to blame for Yoona’s injury was because it seemed like after that, Yoona became a completely different person, or rather someone that Luhan had wanted all along…”

“Pretty soon, Yoona couldn’t even function properly without having Luhan by her side; without having Luhan’s stare completely engulfing her. All that effort Yoona put into sustaining her independence from him just vanished into thin air and it seemed like Luhan’s ‘love’ had finally rubbed off onto her…  Now, it wasn’t until later on after both Yoona and Luhan’s death when Minseok finally put the puzzle pieces together himself and deduced that Luhan must have been gradually—not right away but gradually brainwashing Yoona into thinking that she was safest with him under his watchful eye; that everything was right as long as he was there.”

Was it possible to want to hurt somebody so badly like the way Sehun wanted to with Luhan? All that pain he’s put Yoona through, all that psychological torture and the way he completely distorted her view on not only the world around her but herself too. He didn’t find anything wrong with it, in fact he might have even gotten a sick amusement out of the suffering. And even after all of that, he thinks he can get away with it again using Sehun’s only unsuspecting sister… This guy—no this ing monster tricked these two innocent girls into thinking  he was an absolute god in their eyes. Someone who would only protect them from the outside world and everything roaming around in it when in reality he was turning them into mindless obsessive slaves eating out of the palm of his hands. And for what?! The only reason he can come up with for all that he's done was because…

…He loved them?

Not wanting to waste any precious time by staying too engrossed in his own thoughts for too long, Sehun jumped back into reality only to be struck by a sudden realization. Kris has pretty much told him everything there is to know about the three and their twisted predicament but he’s had yet to touch upon the most important piece of information of all; the reason why Sehun agreed to sit down and listen to Kris’ story in the first place. He hasn’t yet talk about Yoona and Luhan’s death.

It was almost as if Sehun’s mind was like an open book to Kris because automatically after the realization dawned on Sehun, he said, “Now that you know all that, it’s about time for me to tell you about what really happened on that certain day.” Though he was being vague with his transition, they all knew exactly what was to come from Kris. In that very moment, Kris was about to reveal a long sought out secret that Minseok himself had kept tucked away for so many years. Kris inhaled a deep breath and blew out an extended sigh, not at all in a rush of any kind. Judging from the melancholy that was beginning to become noticeable on his face, Sehun could tell that this was most definitely not a memory Kris enjoyed retelling or even reliving despite the fact that he had only known about it through Minseok’s simple words alone.

Without any warning, he began.

“That day, Minseok had made plans with a friend of his—I think his name as Zhang Yixing; something along those lines. He made plans to meet up with him to go somewhere, which left Yoona and Luhan alone. He never liked leaving them alone, or rather he didn’t like leaving Yoona alone with him. It had actually been a while since Minseok had left the two by themselves like this so of course he felt a bit uneasy about it, but ultimately chose to go out nonetheless. He remembers when he was leaving he managed to get some alone time with Yoona and there was just something about her that seemed a bit off. It was as if something was on her mind…”

“Yoona then came right out and told Minseok she didn’t want him to leave her. Just hearing those words come out of tugged on his heartstrings as her brother so badly. He hated seeing his sister in such desperation but he assured her she would be okay. His very last words to her were. ‘Just stay here. You’re safe here with Luhan.’”

For some reason, those words had a sort of familiarity to it that stuck to Sehun for a moment.

“Minseok told her that because he knew if she were to leave the house, Luhan would be furious with her and who knows what he would have done to her then. Minseok told her that in the hopes that she would agree in letting him go, but her response to his statement completely shocked him. And it was something that he said he would never ever forget.”

“What did she say?” Sehun asked on cue.

 

“I love you.”

 

Sehun was rendered utterly silent. It was those three little words that probably was the most powerful thing he could have expected her to say. “What… what did he say after that?”

“…Nothing.” Kris reluctantly replied. “He was too surprised to think of what to say. At the time, he was surprised to hear her actually proclaim her love for him as his sister after all this time but it wasn’t until later on when Minseok started to think of it as a bit strange that she would say that so suddenly. The feeling wasn’t long lived because right after she had said that, Minseok realized that Luhan was actually standing not too far away and heard the entire conversation.”

“The look Luhan on his face… I could tell when Minseok was explaining it to me that it was something that terrified even him. He had never seen such a face on Luhan before. It was so dark, so clouded so… hateful… And so Minseok reacted on impulse and immediately left the house after, not even looking back or saying a single word to Yoona before he had rushed out.”

Kris took a moment to lean against Sehun’s side of the bench almost in an exasperated motion. It was coming. The truth was so close to being revealed.

“He finally came home.” He firmly stated. “He had been gone maybe an hour or so because he didn’t want to leave Yoona alone for too long, not with Luhan and the way he had looked before Minseok had left the house earlier. One step inside the house and he could immediately feel something unsettling wrapped around the entire house. It felt too still and way too quiet to be normal. And that’s when he picked up on the raw odor of blood.” Strong electrifying chills ran through both Sehun and Jongdae’s spines.

“He called out to both of them and looked all over the house. There was no response. It was like he was all alone at the house but at the same time, there felt like there was some type of heavy presence hidden somewhere in the house. Finally, his search led him to their bedroom. And what he saw when he opened the door…” Kris paused, getting a bit choked up and overwhelmed.  Both of the boys silently watched on as Kris tried desperately to regain himself. His eyelids dropped closed and he bit his slightly trembling bottom lip.

“H-he opened the door and just saw blood… splatters and splashes of crimson red liquid just all over the floor, dripping through the cracks in the wooden floor board, some dotted on the walls, just everywhere. And right in the middle of the room, he saw them. But… they weren’t dead. Yet.”

Yet?”

“Luhan was sitting in a pool of blood in the middle of the room with Yoona cradled in her arms. Luhan was fully conscious and although Yoona seemed lifeless in his arms, she was still breathing. Unconscious, but surely enough almost barely breathing. Minseok felt his entire body go completely numb and he felt himself only seconds away from vomiting out of shock. If it wasn’t for the fact that Luhan’s eyes weren’t locked directly onto Minseok, he would have surely broken down and screamed his lungs out.”

“Minseok was too terrified to move or even speak under that psychopath’s gaze. So it was Luhan who was the first to speak. In the calmest voice he’s ever heard from Luhan, he told him, ‘Yoona didn’t love me, Minseok. She never did, did she?’ Just the way he spoke made it seem like he didn’t even fully grasp even half of what he truly did to her. It’s unbelievable!” Kris shook his head. “He continued on and said to him, ‘I might have made a mistake just now, but I can make everything right soon. I’ll make her realize she loves me.’ He was such a damn lunatic, I can’t stand it!!!”

“Kris, I know it’s hard but let’s not lose our temper again.” Jongdae assured, reaching over and lightly patting Kris’ arm. Kris nodded and tried to calm himself down.

“Minseok, being the nonviolent guy he was, tried to reason with Luhan; tried to tell him to call the authorities and seek not only medical attention for Yoona but also help for himself. Can you believe it? Even after all that, he still  wanted to help not only his dying sister but his ‘best friend’ too. But it seemed like nothing was going through to Luhan at all. Minseok made up his mind that he would just grab his sister and rush her to the nearest hospital. But if you know Luhan, you’d know things never went someone else’s way on his watch. He ended up making a proposition with Minseok. Probably the most twisted and devious proposition I’ve ever heard in my life…”

“His exact words were, ‘Minseok, Yoona is about to die and pass onto the next life. If she won’t love me in this life, then I’ll follow her in the next one. So… I’m going to kill myself as well. But it would be pretty detrimental to my reputation and our company for people to know that I did something like this, so I took the liberty of writing a note in Yoona’s name blaming her for all of this.’”

Sehun couldn’t believe his ears. How could someone so selfish, sadistic and egotistical ever walked these streets completely undetected anyways?

“Luhan heeded Minseok not to try and save either of them, saying that, ‘if you take away your sister, which is futile since she’s only seconds away from breathing her last breath, I’ll live on and tell everyone that you were the one who murdered your own sister. You’ll forever be known as a cold blooded killer and you’ll be looked down upon and feared by everyone you’ll ever come in contact with.’”

“The man had to choose between taking the hopeless chance to save his sister or forever be known as a murderer, possibly ending up being locked up in prison.” Jongdae recognized, giving Kris some time to once again compose himself.

“It was the toughest choice he ever had to make. I think it would have been a tough choice for anyone. But in the end… Minseok chose to save himself… So he left and never stepped foot in that house again.”

The moment Kris finished speaking, it felt as though a huge weight was lifted off everyone shoulders but at the very same time an even heavier feeling of remorse and sorrow rested itself upon everyone’s chest. So now Sehun knew the truth. He knew why Minseok never told anyone. He knew why Yoona was accused for being a murder even until this day. And he knew why Luhan was, in fact, the most malicious and vile creature in this entire quandary.

“So… the real reason why Luhan is after my sister is because… it’s like a second chance for him to get that ‘love’ he had been searching for?” It was almost miraculous how Sehun was able to even begin to utter out that statement after being bombarded with so much information.

“Most likely yes and in part, perhaps it’s also a way for him to get revenge on Yoona.” Jongdae answered. “I’m sure he’s fully aware that Yoona still roams the house along with him. We don’t know this for sure but maybe Luhan also went after your sister as a means to somehow make Yoona jealous of the fact that he was showering all his love onto another girl.”

“So you’re saying he’s using her?” Sehun said rather resentfully, the idea now tripled his already immense amount of anger he had bubbling from within. Both Jongdae and Kris remained silent because they all knew what the answer to that question really was. Silence that had made mere minutes seem like hours had past between the boys until Kris spoke.

“Jongdae told me Yoona was constantly reaching out to you while your sister knew absolutely nothing of her existence. Instantly I knew that, that was probably the work of Luhan. One way or another he must’ve somehow managed to completely block off Yoona from Jaeyun, making Yoona’s presence to Jaeyun completely void. I can tell she was trying her hardest to let her presence be known though. That was probably why she kept calling out to you Sehun. You are the next best thing and the truth is, you really are in Minseok’s shoes here. Although Luhan was ruthless and uncaring, Minseok was the closet thing he had to a real brother. Maybe that's why Luhan never harmed you...”

It wasn’t something Sehun liked admitting to, but Kris was completely right there…

Sehun couldn’t help but remember the fact that Yoona’s restless soul had somehow become a banshee one way or another. Her screams… it suggested that someone was going to die… Should he really ask Kris about that matter at such a tense time like this?

“Sehun,” Kris’ deep voice suddenly sounded, bring Sehun back to reality. Kris set down a hand onto Sehun’s shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. “If both Minseok and Yoona trust you, then you have my word. I’m not too sure what I can do but I promise  you, I’ll do whatever it takes to help you and your sister, even if it’s just a little.”

“Kris…”

“I’m sure they would both be proud knowing I could help you out somehow.” Kris lightheartedly said. Was that a smile that was actually spread across his face? Sehun admitted it seemed a bit strange and creepy albeit it did lightened his spirits just a bit in such a serious moment as now.          

“Don’t forget about me. I’m sure the paranormal society would be pretty impressed if I were to tag along as well.” Jongdae joked to which Sehun roughly yet playfully elbowed him in the side. Somehow, it sort of made Sehun feel a little better knowing that there were other people here who could help him out. It was reassuring knowing it wasn’t just Sehun and you bearing through this alone…

 

AAAHHHHHHHHH

 

At the very sound, Sehun brutally cringed and covered his ears with a pained yelp. Hunching over in his seat, Sehun felt his whole body vibrating along with the endless screams. Both Kris and Jongdae were at Sehun’s side and frantically trying to help him regain his composure, completely unaware of the blood curdling cries blasting against Sehun’s ears.

It had never been this loud before and Sehun didn’t think he could withstand it this time around. It was becoming painful; his ear drums feeling as though it was moments away from bursting.

 

HELP ME

 

Sehun’s eyes sky rocketed open and in one swift movement, he was always on his feet and running full speed towards his house. “Sehun, wait!!!” Both Kris and Jongdae called out, hastily trailing after him. “Where are you going?!!”

“Jaeyun… Jaeyun…!” Sehun kept repeating to himself. “I don’t know what’s happening but why do I have this feeling that you’re in grave danger right now…?!”

  


 

`Author's Corner

I'm terribly sorry if this chapter made you somehow hate real life Luhan. If it did then let's be real here ladies, who on earth could stay mad at this thing right here:

(Y'all seeing how damn petrified he was for half a second. You can't hate that face!!! Somebody get this guy a blanket and a McDonalds kids meal. Did I just ruin the mood doing this? #notsorry)

So when I say I struggled to write this chapter I do mean STRUGGLED. I wrote like 50,000 drafts for this and even now I'm still not proud of the final result T_T Are things still confusing for you guys? I tried hard to clear up as much confusion as I could. But here's some bittersweet news for you all, the next chapter is going the be the final chapter. And let me tell you something, if you thought this chapter was long then the last chapter is going to seem monsterous in comparison. I don't know if I should split the final chapter in 2 parts if that's the case, unless you guys don't mind a long finale chapter?? Well, we'll see!!

Also, do you guys remember how there's supposed to be a death in the last chapter? Wooo am I really gonna do it?? Will it be Jaeyun, Sehun, someone else or maybe I might just do some type of plot twist and make it so no one loses their life. Hohohoho....