Chapter 10

Watching Me

A/N: Sorry, internet was down so I couldn't update for a week... (; A ;) But it's a little better now so here's a new chappie!!! Enjoy!!!

 


-Chapter 10-

Cry

 

Before you knew it, you were right back in school- back in your isolated desk which, of course, sat untouched in the corner of the classroom. It seemed like most of the people in your class hadn’t even noticed you were missing for weeks now. (A couple of people here and there eyed you curiously when you had walked into the room though, but kept their thoughts to themselves of course).

“Ah, so you’re finally back huh?” rang a smooth voice from the side. You weren’t exactly paying the voice any mind though since most of the time conversations weren’t directed towards you per say. You sat there silently, scrutinizing the desk in front of you until you had spotted a waving hand in front of you waking you out of your small daze. “Hellooo, anyone there?”

Your promptly swiveled your head up only to see a slightly familiar face looking down at you. His appearance was unmistakably distinctive, what with his handsome face, sun-kissed skin and full lips. Even if he wasn’t a long time friend of your brother Sehun, you would have already recognized his as Kim Jongin, a renowned Casanova in school who is a prime piece of eye candy for the majority of the female student body.

A bit puzzled and slightly taken a back by the sudden conversation, you indifferently stared back into Jongin’s eyes. He lazily sat in his chair with his body facing you and his arm propped up on his desk with his cheek resting in his open palm. The expression Jongin bore almost made it seem like he was completely uninterested in you with blank eyes and mouth set into a line. So why was he even talking to you in the first place?

“Sehun is right… you don’t talk much, do you?” he finally said, pulling his face away from his hand.

“Huh? He said that?” you finally said. (A bit awkwardly, you might admit) Jongin simply nodded his head in response. There was a slightly moment of silence, as if his mind had gone vacant of anything to say. Jongin was a lot different from you so of course trying to talk to you must have been about as painful as yanking his teeth out with a pair of pliers for him. You wondered if Sehun put him up to talking to you or something.

“So how are you feeling? You must be feeling better if you’re back in school.” Jongin piped up. Surprisingly, his question had a bit of a caring, brotherly undertone to it. Perhaps he really was just talking to you out of his own curiosity.

“I’m feeling a lot better than before.” Right before you could get more in-depth with your response, the two of you suddenly heard someone call out Jongin’s name from the doorway. Glancing over his shoulder, Jongin easily directed his attention away from you and peered over at the slightly breathless boy jogging over to him.

“Baekhyun, visiting me in class? What’s the occasion?” Jongin asked once Baekhyun stood in front of his desk.

“I forgot to give you back your notebook.” Baekhyun panted, tossing down Jongin’s notebook onto his desk with enough force to cause a loud slapping noise to echoing around the room. “I shouldn’t have jetted over here so hard…!” Baekhyun leaned against Jongin’s desk as he attempted to catch his breath.

“Oh, I almost forgot to ask you for this back.” Jongin said as he casually flipped through the pages. “Thanks a lot~” Jongin winked. Baekhyun paused midway from taking in a breath and contorted his face in disgust at Jongin.

“Save all that for Kyungsoo or something…” he said in repulsion. Baekhyun noticed you gazing up at him and turned his head to glance over at you. Immediately when Baekhyun’s eyes were locked onto you, he seemed to have stopped breathing and his eyes rounded. He promptly looked back down at Jongin’s desk and closed his eyes.

“Whoa Baekhyun, what’s up? You suddenly got pretty pale.” Jongin questioned, tilting his head a bit to get a look at Baekhyun’s face.

“Fine- just fine.” Baekhyun quickly said. “It’s just… I suddenly got a chill and a little nauseous is all…” Baekhyun uneasily eyed you as he was rubbed his arm to get rid of his discomfort.

“Nausea? What, did Chanyeol get you pregnant or something?” Jongin blatantly asked, leaning back in his chair. Baekhyun ignored Jongin and it seemed like whatever was getting to him seemed to have been getting worse. With a faint and mumbled goodbye, Baekhyun hurried out of the classroom, leaving both you and Jongin staring out the door puzzled.

Outside the classroom, Baekhyun could feel himself able to breath and function normally once again. Heaving out a relieved sigh, he leaned against the hallway walls and ran a hand through his hair. “What happened to me back there?” he said to himself. “The only time I ever feel so nauseous and uncomfortable is when I’m at Sehun’s house… and the feeling was completely identical too…” Baekhyun felt a small shiver run down his spine.

“I think… I should keep my distant from Jaeyun for a while…”

 


 

Sehun sat in his bed with his history textbook laying sprawled over his lap. It seemed as though he had been rereading the same line on the same page for hours now. Sehun was lightly drumming his fingers on the corner of the book until finally he was able to pry his eyes away from the it. Slowly, his eyes did a full scan of his room. Sehun wasn’t exactly concerned about what he saw but more about what he could hear. It was quiet. This should have put Sehun to ease but it didn’t.

It’s been two days since Sehun first hear a woman screaming in his house.

Sehun didn’t want to admit that the strange shriek came from inside his house since he was the only one home at the time so it was impossible for that to even be probable. However, there was no one outside either so this was really a giant head scratcher for Sehun. No matter what type of logical explanation he thought up for it, it just never really added up for him.

Sehun didn’t want to believe it was anything too outrageous. That was it was anything too out of his realm of expertise…

Expelling a sharp sigh, Sehun threw the textbook to the side and swung his legs off the bed. “I need a glass of water to calm my nerves…” He lazily shuffled out of his room and stood outside in the hall. Just before he could turn to walk down the hall to go downstairs, he froze up. A numbing spell suddenly ran up his body. He heard something… something that he shouldn’t be hearing… he heard…

 

Weeping…

 

Sehun’s head gradually rotated to the side where his eyes had locked onto a room. Your room. The door was opened just a crack but it was pitch black inside. It was also where he heard the sound of sobbing coming from… “Is Jaeyun… crying..?” he whispered under his breath.

Carefully, he lightly took one step after the other towards your bedroom door. He grabbed the door handle but abruptly pulled his hand back. He stared down at the handle with widened eyes. The metallic golden handle was ice cold. Sehun involuntarily gulped and reached back down to grab the handle again. He gently push the door open just enough to poke his head in.

The room was completely covered in shadows and all Sehun could see was about a foot or two of the floor in front of him thanks to the light spilling into the room from the hallway lights outside. Sehun’s eyes trailed up to look at the window that was directly on the other side of the room. Standing at the window was what Sehun assumed was you.

You were facing the window with hands pressed against the glass and your back was towards Sehun. It seemed like you hadn’t even noticed Sehun’s presence in the room. Ever so slightly, Sehun noticed your shoulder trembling a bit as small choked up sobs emanated from you. Why were you weeping so hard? And in the darkness of your own room?

“Jae…” Sehun stopped midway in his sentence. He pulled his head from out the doorway and softly shut the door. “She seems upset… but why though?” he said to himself. “I shouldn’t disturb her… I’ll ask her about it later…” Looking back at your door one last time, Sehun continued walking down the hall and down the stairs.

As Sehun strode down the steps, his pace gradually lessened until he was standing completely still.

“School was okay today. Did you ever go to school?”

“Wait… that’s Jaeyun’s voice…” Sehun quickly ran down the rest of the stairs and around the corner into the kitchen. Sehun practically burst into the kitchen and was shocked to see you standing at the counter. You jolted up at the sound of Sehun’s loud footsteps stomping into the room and you abruptly turned to gape at him.  

“Sehun…?” you say. Sehun felt like he was seconds away from going crazy. Sehun couldn’t push any coherent words out as he pointed at you, mouth agape and looking back and forth between you and the staircase behind him.

“Y-your room…” Sehun finally stuttered.

“My room?” At last, Sehun just closed his eyes and inhaled a deep breath.

“When… did you get down here?” Sehun firmly questioned, finally opening his eyes and staring intently at you.

“Down here in the kitchen? Um… Probably 20 minutes ago. Why do you ask?” All Sehun could do was stare at you. Did he hear you right? Was he imagined everything that had just happened just a minute ago in your room?

“N-no reason…” Sehun scratched the back of his neck in an attempt to ease his mind and sort out his thoughts. Peering up, Sehun saw the flashlight you had bought lying untouched on the counter next to you. What would she need that for? Sehun thought. “Who were you talking to just now, anyways?”

“I was on the phone.” You said, waving around your cell phone that had been clenched in your hand the whole time unbeknownst to Sehun.

“Ah… I see…” Sehun uneasily turned around and exited the kitchen and headed back towards his bedroom. You silently watched Sehun disappear out the kitchen door. You were a bit startled when you suddenly felt a light tug on your sleeve. You turned your head and peered down at the flashlight.

“I’m sorry… I had to talk to my brother for a bit.” You quietly said. “You’re not jealous are you?” Without missing a beat, the flashlight then flashed once. For a moment, you stared down at the flashlight and waited for another flash to signal that Luhan was answering ‘no’ to your question. But it never happened… You nervously let out a weak laugh, almost as if it were to calm your nerves and lighten the tension a bit. “He’s my brother, Luhan- nothing more. There’s nothing you need to worry about.”

You’re the only guy in my life beside my brother and father so you have nothing to worry about.

For some reason, that single phrase was running around in your mind and you had the strongest urge to say it aloud, but stopped yourself from doing so.

Sehun was practically dragging his feet down the hallways towards his room now. “I must be studying too much. I’m losing my mind here…” Sehun murmured to himself. He made it to the door of his bedroom and placed a weak hand on the door to push it open. The second he went silent, he heard it again. His hand on the door clenched into a fist and his eyes clamped tightly shut. He still heard it… the distinct sound of…

Weeping…    

 


 

`Author's Corner

Chapter 10!!! We're going into the double digits here guys! So yeah I'm writing this at 1 in the morning and I'm the only one awake right now. Worst of all... I gotta use the bathroom. Ummm what kind of author scares themselves like this? lol I'm just gonna sleep with my bladder issues until the sun comes up now..... Too much info but idc I think I'm at that point in my relationship with my subscribers to tell you guys this *scoots closer to you* lol