Refuge (Pt. 2)

A Random Collection of EXO Oneshots

 


I fell asleep.

 

After crying too much, I must have fallen asleep and dreamt of that encounter I had with him. Yes, that must be it.

 

I mean, who goes around wandering in the dead of night with bloodshot eyes and gets dragged away somewhere by a meddlesome stranger, not even the least bit concerned about her own circumstances? Who does that? Well, definitely not me.

 

I hoped.

 

I recalled being taken somewhere I found hushed and comforting enough to reveal the tragedy that was my life. I remembered thanking him, saying something like, "You don't know how grateful I am. Kamsahamnida, ahjussi," with what I assumed I did was an appreciative smile.

 

Then, the uncle suddenly got furious. And when I took a good look at him, finally, after who knows how long, I realized that he wasn't an uncle at all.

 

Who would have known that that mysterious ahjussi turned out to be some gorgeous namja I knew all along?

 

He was the cunning chairman of the student committee, which constituted of five other godlike beings in terms of looks, charms, and nature - EXO-M. Other than that, he was also the overall top student in our year. Oh and did I mention that he was an exceptional athlete too?

 

It was all a dream, wasn't it? That same guy saving me from the depths of my despair through his warmth and gentle touches? Yet, no matter how much I mentally slap and will myself to 'wake up', I just couldn't. 

 

Even now, I was still seeing that same flawless being I had been yearning for so long.

 

". . . Yi Fan," I said under my breath.

 

He bore his eyes into mine for a moment. "Took you long enough," he replied with that deep dreamy voice of his as he leaned forward to flick me on the forehead. 

 

"Ouch," I remarked with one eye shut, rubbing the same area where I bumped into him earlier and thinking how this was definitely going to leave a mark.

 

"I told you, just 'Kris' is fine," he insisted then I saw his lips turn down into a frown, "Anyways, what were you thinking?! How could you walk on the streets at this time of the night like that?! Pabo!"

 

I flinched. Yup, it was him alright; still as ferocious as ever. It was hard to believe that he was just consoling a weeping girl earlier.

 

"Umm, I'm sorry . . ." I murmured, not daring to look up in case I saw flares coming out of his eyes.

 

It was apparent that I wasn't going to hear the end of it soon as he heaved a deep breath and scolded me some more, "How could you not even resist when I pulled you here? What if it was someone you didn't know, someone dangerous, someone who would . . . take advantage of you and just leave you out there in the streets after. . ." he sighed, shaking his head as if dismissing the thought.

 

"I guess this was my fault in the first place. I should've made sure to take you home myself after the meeting and explain the whole situation to your relatives, but when I turned around you weren't there anymore," he murmured, almost talking to himself.

 

I was rendered speechless, apparently dumbfounded about the whole situation I was in. My head was spinning. There were so much thoughts racing inside my head, I didn't know where to begin. Like how did he even find me? Was that just a coincidence or . . . ? Wait. Just . . . whathow, and why?

 

"Yah! You hear what I'm saying?" he exclaimed. "Don't be an idiot. And, at least, have a sense of self-preservation, idiot."

 

Did he just call me an idiot twice? Actually, it was thrice. Now that I thought about it.

 

I had ended up staring at him without a word for a few more seconds, then I found myself gradually curling my lips into what I can manage as a smile. 

 

I don't understand anything, but . . . I am glad, very glad, that it was him who found me. Somewhat feeling my eyes beginning to brim with tears again.

 

"I'm sorry . . . really . . ." I sniffed as I dabbed my eyes.

 

Kris looked at me with such soft and gentle eyes, and then heaved a long and deep breath.

 

"I made you cry just when you've actually calmed down." He held me against him with both arms once more, his chin resting on top of my head.

 

"I'm sorry," he murmured.

 

"No, it's . . ."

 

He spoke louder, "But, you can do that, you know. You can cry and be vulnerable in front of me as much as you want."

 

"Since the past year, it seemed as if I only felt obliged to watch over you since my old man told me to before he died. He loved you as if you were his own grandchild, makes sense because he did kind of raise you like one as he took care of your manor."

 

His grandfather? Wait. They were related? Him and harabeoji? And that boy was Kris?

 

"I'm sure you don't know, but he had told me a lot about you from the time we were kids and still strangers. So, I got curious when I found out we were going to be in the same high school."

 

"For the past two years . . ." he continued. "My eyes would follow you, and every time I'd shrug it off as nothing more than just mere curiosity. Before our third year, before his last breath, he entrusted me with the 'honor' of looking over you." I felt his hold around me tighten.

 

"That's why I got you to help out at the council. It's good that we got to be in the same class, but I felt like I needed to have you even closer when I heard about your new circumstances."

 

"With time, I realized a lot of things. One is that I felt like I no longer need to, but I want to protect you. And that I have been taken in by you since way back then, and every day just keeps making those feelings stronger."

 

I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

 

Am I really dreaming or simply crazy? Everything was in chaos in my head as it processed all that had happened.

 

"You're not dreaming," he replied. I didn't even notice I said that out loud. "And you may be an idiot, but you're not crazy either."

 

I was about to give him a piece of my mind when he said something that made my heart stop for a moment.

 

"I love you. From now on, I'll protect you."

 

He said it with such conviction and this strong look in his eyes that I ended up spilling words from the deepest part of my heart.

 

"I love you. I love you, too!"

 

Then, he kissed me. Passionately, if I may say so; the kind that would make your knees turn to jelly. I tried so very hard to keep up and pushed him back a little for some air.

 

After recovering my breath for a while, I noticed a smirk on his face which made me furrow my brows in turn.

 

"Yah. What's with that face? It's as if you're saying 'idiot' again," I exclaimed.

 

"What if I am?" He laughed. Ugh. I seriously want to punch that face at least once in my life.

 

"That's the fifth time you've said it, you know?"

 

"It won't be the last, don't worry. We have a lifetime ahead of us."

 

"Yah! . . . wait, is that . . . ? You just confessed and now you're proposing?"

 

"And what if I am?"

 

"Seriously, you . . . you're making me go crazy," I sighed.

 

I couldn't help but grin, despite myself.

 

I'll be alright. I just know it. Kris, thank you.

 


 

~

A/N:

It took me around three years to actually finish and then publish this continuation. It was hidden before. I am very sorry about that. A lot of stuff happened and I had no choice but to be on hiatus for an indefinite period of time.

It's so great to be back!