Chapter 7

Goodbye, Mr. Dream Guy

 

[Kris’s POV]

Okay, that’s so not good. Acting kind towards her is a ‘no-no’. Aish ! It’s Key’s fault ! did I just lost my pride somewhere and asked her for a bubble milk tea ?

“Hey Kris !” Key poked me at my cheeks and I just glared at him.

“Now what ?” I asked. Irritated.

“Well, I just want to thank you again. I know you’re upset  right now but, I’m really sorry” Key said with an apologetic eyes. Tch ! Such a ‘drama queen’ !

“Fine fine.” I said and then we continued with our group work. It’s actually a group with 3 people but I preferred key and me to do this because that amber paired up with some guys. Never mind those two.

 

“Hey Kris ! It’s already lunch time.” Amber tapped my shoulders. Oh, I didn’t noticed that it was already time. The teachers are boring and amber just keep on chatting with the two guys at the back.

I stand up and grabbed my bag and poked key, signaling him to come with me

“Hey. Would you like to join me and them for lunch ?” Amber said. Okay, that’s it. It’s really not good that I asked her for a bubble milk tea. She thinks that were friends already !

“Sure.” Key said and then pulled me and the five of us went out of the room.

We got our orders and we are now sitting in a rectangular shaped table. Amber is between me and key and in front of us is her two guy friends, I forgot the name.

“You two were models right ?” The taller guy asked. His name is minho I think ?

“Yup!” Key answered him and took a bite of his food.

“Woah ! That’s so cool. How can you handle that ? Studies then, modeling” the guy named myungsoo said

“Well, we took a break in modeling for some months to focus on studying but were still on modeling” Key explained.

They continued chatting with each other while I’m just keep on eating my lunch. Talking about modeling and other stuffs. Nah. I’m not interested though. I’m not in the mood. Luckily, key is here to answer their questions. And there is amber, laughing and blushing while key is telling a joke. The joke was not so funny though but, she’s very obvious !

“Kris ! Why are you so quiet ?” Key said and I came back to my senses. Now, he question is in me and they’re looking at me like ‘yeah-what’s-the-problem’ look

“Okay, I’m sorry. Just many thoughts running inside my mind” I lied. Well, sort of.

“Oh come on, It’s Monday ! You should first set aside the projects and pressure here in school” Minho said. Well, that’s not what I’m thinking about okay ?

“Well, thank you. That’s a very good advice.” I said and I stood up. “But I think we’ll be late for our next class right ?” I added and then excused myself

[End of POV]

 

“Why is your friend like that ? He’s so cold and his face was like a stone and when he looks at you, he’s like…”

“well, sorry to his attitude a while ago. He’s not really used to have many people around him. Maybe if we all get closer at each other and get to know each other, he’ll open up to you guys” Key explained to myungsoo.

“Yeah myungsoo, maybe he’s not used to us or he’s maybe a shy person. Don’t judge a person easily” Minho defended Kris

“Well, That’s right ! He even asked me for a bubble milk tea right ? He’s very kind though” Amber said which made Key gulped a gallon of his saliva.

“Umm, speaking of that bubble milk tea. Can I..” Key said and scratched the back of his neck. “Can I join you guys too ?” Key continued. Amber looked at him with big eyes, shocked and with her blushing cheeks. She can’t believe that Key will be joining them later.

“Hey amber ! Why are you so red ?! Are you sick ?” Key asked panicking and then he put his hands at amber’s forehead to check if she have a fever or not and that action made amber blush more causing her cheeks to be redder.

“I’m not sick” Amber said softly which made key sighed in relief. She bowed her head to hide her now redder cheeks.

“Woah, that’s a relief” Key said

“Well, I believe it’s already time ? Let’s go ?” Minho said and they all nodded and stood up.

“thanks for letting me join you guys, by the way.” Key said

“No Problem bro. You can join us anytime. Right Minho and Amber ?” Myungsoo said and minho nodded in response

“Oh Sure ! Anytime of course ! I’ll be very happy if you join us always !” Amber response while smiling.

“What ?” Key said in a curious tone. Amber’s eyes widened in shock when realized what she had just said

“Umm… Ah ! I mean, we’ll be very happy because you know ? It’s a chance to have a model joining you. Yeah and I feel like a celeb ! Right ?” Amber said and chuckling nervously and then she looked at Myungsoo and Minho

“Yeah, he’s right” Minho said and Myungsoo nodded.

“Umm, Let’s go ?” amber said and started walking leaving the three guys dumbfounded

 

----

 

The bell ranged as the sign of their dismissal. The students lazily grab their bags and fixed their things.

“Amber” Minho tapped amber’s shoulder to wake her up. She had been sleeping at the last class. Luckily, the professor didn’t notice. Amber unconsciously opened her eyes and the her eyes widened because it was already their dismissal.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I fell asleep. Ugh, thanks for waking me up Minho” amber said and stretched her arms. She looked around and then she saw Kris and Key talking to each other. She suddenly remembered the bubble milk tea thingy. She then grab her things and put it in her bag. Before Kris and Key could left the room, amber stopped them.

“Kris !” She shouted. Kris and Key turned their back to see amber and Kris gave amber a ‘What’s-the-problem‘ look

“Oh, I think you, forgot something?” Amber asked nervously while rubbing her hands

“I don’t think I forgot something? Nah, Just tell me about it at the dorm” Kris said and turned his back to her

“Wait. You forgot about something like bubble milk tea ?” Amber said with a smile. Kris thought for a while and then he snapped when he remembered it while key swallowed his own saliva upon hearing what amber had said

“Ahh..” Kris said then glared at key and key just looked at him like ‘forgive-me-I’ll-handle-it-later’

“So ?” Amber said and then put her bag at her shoulders

“So, let’s meet at the gate. Wait for me there okay ?” Kris said and left the room pulling key along with him

“Okay !” Amber shouted. “See you guys tomorrow. Or maybe later ?” Amber said and wave goodbye to Minho and Myungsoo. But before amber could leave, Minho stopped her.

“Can we join you guys ?” Minho said

“Nah, Kris is not yet comfortable with us. What if he gets angry if we’re with them ?”
 Myungsoo said to Minho and let out a deep sigh “Maybe next time amber. Right ?” Myungsoo added and looked at amber like begging her to say ‘yes’

“Umm.. Okay, sure. No Problem” Amber said looking at the two guys weirdly. “Well, gotta go” amber said and ran out of the room

“Aww… I wanna go with them too” Minho said in a sad tone and Myungsoo just smacked him. After Myungsoo smacked Minho in the forehead, Minho glared at him.

“Didn’t you understand what I just said ?!” Myungsoo said and repeated what he had said to Minho again.

 

----

 

Amber arrived at the gate and searched for Kris but she didn’t find him. He’s not yet here ? She thought.

She just stand by there and waited for Kris. She didn’t noticed that Kris was just hiding at the back of the tree close to her.

Aish ! this is key’s fault !! He thought and then he remembered what had happened a while ago

FLASHBACK

“Hey ! I told her.. I mean him already that we’ll meet at the gate. Just go there and tell him that I have something to do and I ask you to accompany him. Okay ?” Kris said to Key while they we’re walking going to the library.

“Oh ! That’s a good plan. Thanks Kris” Key said and smacked Kris’ shoulder

“Ouch ! Will you please stop that ?” Kris said glaring at Key and Key just mouthed sorry before his phone ranged

“Gotta answer this first” Key said and the clicked the answer button. “Hello ?”

Kris rolled his eyes and just let out a deep sight while waiting for Key.

“Yes.” “Yes.” “ Right now?!” “I Understand” “Okay” Key said with a sad expression before hanging up before hanging up.

“Who’s that ?” Kris asked key while they continued walking. “What’s with that face ?” Kris asked pointing at the sad face of Key

“Before anything else. Promise me that you wouldn’t get angry” Key said

“What ?” Kris said looking at his friend weirdly suspecting that there is a big problem againl. “Okay. Tell me”

“Can you please accompany amber today ? I’ll pay you I swear !” Key said and ran out of Kris sight before Kris could say something. “It’ll mean a lot to me. I’ll make up to you. It’s an emergency, okay ! Thanks” Key shouted while running at the corridors leaving Kris with his jaw opened

“YOU’RE GOING TO PAY FOR THIS KEY !!!!” Kris shouted before letting out a deep sigh. What should I do ?

END OF FLASHBACK

 

“Yo” Kris finally decided to get out of his hiding place and greeted amber

“Hey Kris ! I thought you wouldn’t come.” Amber said.

“Let’s go ?” Kris said and then amber just nodded.

While they we’re walking, Kris was not speaking and so do amber. Amber felt the cold atmosphere and then she decided to finally broke the silence

“Hey Kris” Amber said

“Oh ?”

“You’re the only one who knows my true identity in school right ? Except from sungmin oppa but he’s in the other branch of the school…” amber said and Kris stopped walking

“Sungmin ?”

“Yes. He’s our close friend.” Amber explained and Kris just nodded and the continued walking. “I really want to thank you again for keeping the secret” amber said.

“Tch. You’re repeating it again. I said it’s okay right ?” Kris said and stopped. “Wait, can you please but two bubble milk tea ? I can’t go there because you know “ Kris said and pointed at himself  “I’ll wait for you here. Okay ?” Kris added and gave amber some money from his bag

“What ? No. You should come. Wear this disguises, Wait” Amber said and  get the cap and Sun glasses from her bag and gave it to Kris.

“Are you crazy ?! They could still recognize me with this okay ?” Kris said. A little bit annoyed and rolled his eyes but he still put the cap and sun glasses on.

“yeah, you’re right. Umm.. how about ? We go to some place where there are not too many people in there.” Amber said and snapped her fingers. “Right ! I know a place. Let’s go !” Amber said and pulled Kris before he could speak.

 

----

 

“Woooh ! That was so tiring !” amber said and let out an exhale

“Yeah, that was. The cap almost fall off !” Kris said with an annoyed tone and let out a deep sigh and then he looked around. “where the hell are we ?!” He asked shouting at amber

“Relax ! We’re at the park. It’s very cool here and there’s no too much people around.” Amber explained to Kris with a happy tone. “Let’s seat there !” Amber said while pointing at the bench that is located under the tree near them. “come on !” amber signals Kris to come and the she ran going to the bench. Kris rolled his eyes and then followed amber

“What are we going to do here ?” Kris asked while looking around. He then sat beside amber at her left side. He observed the place and then he saw a big fountain in front of them. He suspected that the fountain was the center of the park. He didn’t saw too much people. It’s a quiet place and the place has so many trees. He saw some people who were riding bikes. He also saw vendors of ice Cream, Cotton Candies, accessories and others.

“Wahh.. It’s good to be here” amber suddenly said which made Kris looked at her and the leaned her back. A moment of silence and Kris is now the one who broke  the silence.

“Tch. What are we doing here ? There’s no bubble milk tea here, okay ?” Kris said and rolled his eyes

“I know. Well, I really do like to be here instead of sitting and drinking bubble milk tea. This is my favorite place though when I was just a child as I remember” Amber said and looked around

“Lucky for you” Kris said in a bitter tone. “Well, I’ve never been in this place before. Let’s just say, It’s my first time” Kris said and bowed his head, looking at the ground. Amber’s eyes widened in shock and looked at Kris with awe. She thought that every people have been in this type of place. She would like to ask why but she didn’t want to ruin Kris’ mood. What if he changes his mind and go back to their dorm. He should experience how fun it is to be here.

“Is that so ?” amber said and stood up which made Kris curious of what she’ll be doing. “Then, Let’s enjoy this !” Amber said and then he grabbed Kris by pulling his wrist

“Yah !” Kris shouted to amber to stop her but she just continued pulling him

 

“What am I going to do with this ?” Kris asked looking at the couple bike in front of him

“Don’t tell me you don’t know what a bike is ?” Amber asked and looking at him like ‘are-you-kidding’ look.

“Yah ! I know a bike and how to ride a bike but…” Kris said and pointed at the bike

“Oh don’t you worry. It’s free. My treat today” Amber said proudly.

“Yeah, but… Why this kind of bike ?” Kris asked

“Couple bike ! So that we can ride on it together” Amber said excitedly while clapping her hands

“I know, but we’re not couples okay ?!” Kris said out loud causing the three people to hear what he said. Kris covered his face in embarrassment. “And I don’t want to be mistaken as a gay okay ?”Kris whispered to amber

Amber laughed out loud because of what he said. Kris just glared at her and when she noticed it, she stopped laughing.

“Okay, I’m sorry.. But.. Hahaha ! Okay, don’t be a chicken. Let’s ride this” amber said seriously and then she ride the bike. But she was too clumsy that she wasn’t able to balance herself and then she fell to the ground and the bike was over her. Kris quickly came to her aid.

“Amber !!” He shouted and ran to her side

“OUCH !” Amber said in hurt and a tear rolled to her eyes. *sniff* “It hurts” Amber said while holding onto her knee that was bleeding.

“Gosh ! you’re bleeding !” Kris said, panicking. He quickly lifted the bike to remove it above her and then he touched amber’s bleeding knee.

“Yah ! It Hurts !” Amber shouted at him *sniff*

“Umm, Lets’ seat at the bench first” Kris said and pointed the bench close to them.

“Yeah, but.. *sniff* I can’t stand” Amber said. “It really hurts” Amber added and pointed at her bleeding knee

Then all of a sudden, Kris carried her in a bridal style which made amber’s eyes widen in shock. Kris looks so manly and like a hero in front of her, amber thought. Amber was awakened from her thoughts when Kris putted her in the bench for her to sit.

“I’ll just get an alcohol and a band aid from the pharmacy. Wait for me here, okay ?” Kris said and stands up but amber grabbed his wrist to stop him.

“No. The people will recognize you.” Amber said and let go of his wrist. “Let’s just let it bleed, I’ll cover it with my handkerchief.” Amber said and get her hanky from her bag. “Just… Just stay here, okay ?” amber added

Kris grabbed the handkerchief from her hand and then he kneeled in front of her and then he wrapped the handkerchief into amber’s bleeding knee. Amber was shocked because of Kris’ actions. *blush*

“Thank You Kris” Amber said when Kris was already done from what he is doing. Kris just stood up and sat beside her without saying anything. But deep inside him, he thinks that he’s the one at fault and he cause amber an accident, AGAIN.

He looked around and he saw a vendor selling ice cream. He thinks that it’ll be the treat for amber that’s why he stood up and then ran through the ice cream, ignoring that amber’s calling him.

“Here .” Kris lend amber a chocolate ice cream. Amber’s eyes sparkles and the she get the ice cream from Kris’ hands

“Thank You Oppa !” amber unconsciously said and then her ice cream.

“Oppa ?” Kris asked and looked at her weirdly

“Ah ! That’s how they call older guys right ?” amber said and happily her ice cream

“but you’re currently a guy. You should call me a ‘Hyung’ ‘ Kris said and poke amber’s forehead then amber rubbed her forehead where Kris poked her

“Hyung ? ahh ! Right, Krystal told me about that ‘Hyung’ thing” Amber said. “then, It’s Kris Hyung ?” amber said and Kris nodded

“Ahh ! So, I should call Key Hyung, Myungsoo Hyung, Minho Hyung. Right ?” amber asked and Kris left a blank expression

Kris looked at his wrist watch and then he noticed that It’s almost night time.

“Let’s go or else the dorm will close.” Kris said and stands up, waiting for amber to stand up too.

“but.. I still can’t stand” Amber said and stay still. Then kris kneeled in front of her, his back facing amber. “what… What are you doing ?” amber asked

“Come on ! It’s a piggy back ride ! Do it before I change my mind and leave you here” Kris said.

 She slowly wrapped her arms around Kris’ neck and then Kris supported amber’s legs with his hand.

“Let’s Go.” Kris said

“but, what about the bike ?” amber asked pointing at the bike

“Just leave it” Kris said and continued walking, ignoring amber.

“umm, thank you again Kris” Amber said to broke the silence and then Kris turned his face to see amber and their face was so close only an inch was their distance. Kris quickly removed his face and then he cleared his throat

“You’re so heavy. Like a pig !” Kris teased amber and a smirk formed his lips

“Yah ! I’m not.” Amber said and pouted her lips.

“Pig ! Pig ! Pig !”

“YAAAHHH !!!”

And Kris just continued walking and they’re still teasing each other along their way.

 

[][][][][]

Just Got Updated ! :) I'm so sorry for the very long no update :( just got busy. I'll update if I have my free time :)