Chapter 1

Goodbye, Mr. Dream Guy

 

[Amber’s POV]

*Tok* *Tok*

I was slightly awakened by a knock at the door.

“Miss amber, your mother is calling you and…” Blah blah. I didn’t hear much of what she said

“Yes.” The only word that came from my mouth.

I slightly opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock at the table beside my bed. It’s already 6:30 in the morning. My class starts at 7:30 so no worries. I can manage to make it on time. And also, school year’s ending after a week. The next three days I’m spending is for our exams and the last two days will be for the signing of my clearance so no worries.

I stretched my arms and yawn. Stay in my bed for 5 minutes…

After five minutes on reflecting in my bed about our this school year, I’ve finally made up my mind and I stand up already and do my ‘morning rituals’ like exercising, taking a bath, and brushing my teeth. After doing so, I wore my school uniform and comb my long black wavy hair. I looked at the mirror for the final look. Of course, I’ll praise myself. I look cute in this uniform. It’s like, it’s especially made for me *giggles* Okay, that’s enough.

 

I went down stairs and went to the dining room and of course, I saw my two adoring parents. My father is sitting in the middle while my mother is at his right side. They’re eating their breakfast already. They didn’t even bother to wait for me ?! *pout*

“Good Morning princess. Why do you look so depressed today ? What’s with that pout ?” Papa said and intimidates me. Because of that my pout turns into a bright smile. Hahaha ! He looks funny but cute.

“Good Morning to our one and only princess. Let’s eat breakfast, okay ?” Mama greeted me also with a bright smile

“Good Morning papa and mama.” I said with a bright smile.

” Tch, you guys didn’t even bother to wait for me to eat breakfast together ?” I jokingly rolled my eyes and sits down beside my mother and they both laugh at my silliness.

“Sorry amber, mama and papa is in a rush right now and we need to be early, okay ?” Papa explained to me. Okay, I can understand it. The fact that we’re running a company and take note, it’s one of the biggest and most successful business here in China. We’re owning a clothing line and magazine. And maybe, papa and mama will be having their meeting this morning.

My mother is a fashion designer and my father is a writer. They decided to put up a partnership and now, it is the ‘Danger Zone’ clothing line and magazine. They’re great right ? And me, being their daughter. I should be stylish, creative and intelligent. That’s why I’m the most stylish in our school. My classmates wants my clothes and they even intend to buy some of my clothes. But sorry, mama made it for me. I wouldn’t sell it either.

 

“Princess amber, we’ll be going now okay ?” Mama stands up and kissed my forehead.

“Don’t miss lunch okay ? We’ll be going now” Papa kissed my forehead and follows mama at out front door.

I followed them and said, “Take care. Don’t over work and eat lunch too. Okay ? bye bye” I waved my hand at them and the just smiled at me and the car droves away.

*Sigh* I’m all alone this morning here with our maids. So sad…

“Miss amber. Eat your breakfast now. You’ll be late for school.” Zhang jie [Jie- sister]  said. She’s one of my favorite maids.

“Yes Jie.” I said and smiles at her. “Have you taken your breakfast already ?” I ask.

“Yes” She replied shortly.

“I’m done too. I’ll be going now.” I said and I grab my bag already

“Miss amber..” Blah blah. I didn’t heard what she said next because I ran away towards our garage. I saw Mr. jhang and greeted him. He’s our family driver by the way

“Good Morning Mr. Jhang, I will just walk by myself. Bye bye” I said and left our house already

----

“Little Amber” A male voice called me which made me stop from walking. I turn my back to see who it is.  I knew whose voice it is. And I’m right ! It’s henry ge.

“Henry ge ! Good Morning” I greeted him. By the way, let me introduce this guy with a puffy cheeks, wearing nerdy eye glasses without lens but still looking cute and is smiling in front of me. He’s Henry. My childhood best friend here in china.

“Good Morning. On the way to school ?” He asked me.

“Yes.”

“Mind if we go together ? Have you eaten your breakfast already. You look so pale, this is not the usual you” He said and pinched my cheeks

“Ah ! That’s hurts, gege” I said and removes his hands from my cheeks. *pout*

“Waahhh ! My little amber is so cute when she pouts.”

“Hey, I’m still angry at you remember ?” I said jokingly and give him a cold stare

“Okay, okay. What should I do to make my amber happy ?” He said and my pouted lips turned into bright smile. He knows what I want.

“Ah ! Maybe, a bubble milk tea will do ?” He said with a big smile and looks at me. I just nodded with a smile and he ruffles my hair.

“Hey ! Don’t do it ! You’re ruining my hair” I remove his hand from my hair and I quickly fix my hair.

“So, let’s go ? I’ll treat you after classes.” He said and I smile and cling to his arms.

“Yes, gege”

We both walk on the way to school while still chit chatting with each other.

[End of POV]

 

----

 

“Nice shot !” The photographer clapped his hand while looking at his camera.

“You may take your break first” The photographer added.

The two male models quickly went to their chairs and sit down. They both looked very tired and exhausted. A whole day shooting for the next cover of a magazine that features the new fashion clothes from the clothing line they’re endorsing.

“Wahhh… So tired” The guy with a blonde hair and blue highlights said while looking at the ceiling. While the other model with a black hair and blue highlights is just sitting and drinking a bottled water. Ignoring his co-model or friend talking to him

“By the way Kris, Are you going to enroll for the next school year?” The blonde haired guy asked.

“Maybe.” Kris answered “why ask, key ?” He added. Still not looking at key and reads a newspaper.

“Well, I’m going to take the entrance exams in Kirin Academy. Wouldn’t you mind if we both took the exams and study at the same school ?” Key said and looks at Kris. Kris looked at him with his cold eyes.

“It’s an all boys school by the way” Key added looking at Kris. His eyes were telling Kris to agree with his plan.

“Fine. When is it ?” Kris replied and looks back at the newspaper he’s reading

“Jongmal ?! It will be on next Monday. Today, is Friday and we only have two more days left to study. Good Luck to us, by the way” Key said and smiles brightly.

He and Kris are best friends or more like real brothers since they were kids. They both have the same dreams and that is to become a model. They both worked hard to achieve their goal even their parents refuse to. Key’s parents want him to handle their business. Kris also have the same situation which made them more compatible to be friends. Because they both have the same situation. They’re both good partners and both achieving their goal and that is to become the top model in Korea and here they are, they were now the top models and in demand endorsers of clothing lines in Korea.

“Okay, break is over.” The photographer announced and the make-up artists quickly put a make-up to both model which made them look more handsome.

 

----

 

After classes Amber waited for henry at the front gate of their school. Of course, their house is just a few blocks away. Their parents are friends and so they are.

Her phone rings which made her jump from shock. Her ringtone is S.H.E’s (A/N: S.H.E is a girl band from Taiwan. I just liked them so I put them here :D) song. She looks at her phone screen and the name of her best friend in Korea ‘Krystal’ is the one written on the screen. She quickly answered her phone

“Yoboseyo ?” Amber said, still unsure if she pronounced it correctly

“annyeong amber-shii. Wow ! Your Korean is good. Unlike before. Hahaha !” Krystal said in korean. Even though amber grew up in China. She understands a little bit korean language because her mother talks to her in korean sometimes. And she used to live in Korea when she was just 5 years old, 11 years from now.

“Aish ! stop insulting me. Haha ! If I spoke in Chinese, you wouldn’t understand either.” Amber said and they both laughed.

“amber-shii, bogoshipoyeo” Krystal said

“Me too. I’ll visit there, maybe.” Amber said with a sad tone

“Why ? you don’t want to live here ? Or maybe you can stay  for a vacation ?” Krystal said

“I don’t know. If I can convince mama and papa. do you think they’ll let me go to Korea ?”

“Of course, they will ! and I’ll try to convince them too. Kekeke~ Why don’t you bring henry with you ? I haven’t seen him and you keep on talking about him. Maybe, he’s special to you ? What ? Is he your boyfriend?” Krystal said which made amber blush.

“Yah ! Henry gege and I, we’re friends only. A very good friends and best friends. Tch. You’re so malicious” Amber said and chuckles

“Tsss… The way you talk about him. It seems like he’s your boyfriend ! You both were just way too close you know ?”

“I know. We’re friends from the moment we migrate here in China you know ?”

“I know. Okay, I’ll hang up now. Umma’s calling me. Beep me, okay ? Bye ! Love you amber”

“Love you too. Bye” *toot* *toot* Amber puts her cellphone into her pockets

“Amber !” Henry called amber.

“Hey ! You keep me waiting for so long.” Amber said and punched him lightly in his stomach

“Sorry amber. It’s my professor’s fault. I’m really sorry.” Henry said and ruffles amber’s hair

“Tch.” Amber fixed her hair. “anyways, let’s go ?” amber said and cling into his arms again and they both walk together.

----

At the bubble tea house. Amber quickly grab a seat for the both of them and henry went to the counter to order. Henry knows already what amber wants. For 11 years they’ve been together. He knew already most of the secrets of amber. The likes and dislikes of amber. What she thinks and how she moves. She’s very girly but still strong inside. She may look weak but she can manage to take care and protect herself. He knows almost everything about her but still, she have many secrets that she hides from him and henry knows the he should respect amber and not forcing her to tell him her secrets.

“Here’s your order, my amber” Henry gave amber her order

“Xie xie, gege” Amber said with a smile and took a sip of her drink.

“You’re Welcome” Henry said and took a sip of his drink too

Henry looked at amber while she was busy drinking her drink. He smiled while looking at her. He admits that he likes amber from the moment he saw her. E don’t want to show his feelings, believing that his feeling may ruin their friendship. And he already knew what amber thought of him. He heard the conversation of amber and her friend on the phone.

“Yah ! Henry gege and I, we’re friends only. A very good friends and best friends. Tch. You’re so malicious”

Amber looked at henry. *Looks like he’s day dreaming.* amber thought.

“Hey ! Gege !” amber snapped her fingers in front of henry’s face which made henry come back to his senses

“What is it ?” henry asked.

“You’re into your deep thoughts. Deeper that the ocean. Is there a problem ? Tell me.” Amber said and leans forward to hear what will henry say

Henry ruffles amber’s hair and pushed her head away from him which made amber pout.

“you’re keeping a secret from me.” Amber said and puts her both hands on her chin and pouts.

“You’re so cute” Henry pinched amber’s right cheek

“Hey !” amber scolded henry and rubs her right cheek. She glared at henry

“I’m not keeping a secret, okay ? don’t be mad anymore.” Henry said and smiles at amber. Amber looks at henry with suspicion but she don’t want to force henry to tell her. He will open up to her maybe some other day at the right time, maybe. Amber thought and took a sip of her drink again.

 

----

 

“Thanks for taking me home. Good night.” Amber said when they already arrived at amber’s house. She give henry a peck on his right cheek which made him blush.

“Good night my amber. See you tomorrow” Henry said and smiles. Amber smiled and the maid came to open the gate for her

“Take Care.” Amber said and waved her hands to henry. Henry waved his hands and walks away.

 

“Jie, Is mama and papa here already ?” Amber asked of of their maids

“Yes, miss amber. They’re here already and waiting for you to join them for dinner.” The maid explained to amber which made her smile and ran towards the door.

“My princess is here.” Her mother quickly stand up to welcome her daughter with a hug and amber hugged her mother too.

“Mama, I missed you already” Amber said tightening the hug

“You miss me already ? What if I send you back to Korea ? You’ll miss me more.” Her mother said. Amber eyes widened in shock and released the hug from her mother. Her mother in just looking at her with a bright smile while amber is still clueless.

“What do you mean ?” Amber asked, still confused.

“Krystal called me at the office and she’s asking or more like begging me to send you to Korea for vacation.” Her mother said

“And ?” amber couldn’t take away the smile from her face.

“And I told your papa about this and he agreed.  You’ll be in Korea next week. Are you excited ?”

“REALLY ?!” amber couldn’t believe what her mother had just said. She will be in Korea next week. She’ll be meeting Krystal again. It’s been 11 years since they’ve met. They only talk to skype but they haven’t seen their faces until now.

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello guys :) Just got updated :D Hahaha :) Sorry for the long wait :D

Sorry if there are some typos, wrong grammar and other fail written here. Haha :D

Subscribe and Comment :)