My Heart Chose You

My Heart Chose You (Sequel To: It Started With A New Year's Kiss)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, Haneul waited for Daehyun at a cafe near their old high school. She had called him that morning and requested to meet up because she had something to tell him.

She sipped on her coffee and glanced nervously at her watch. It was 10.05AM. Her ears caught the sound of bells jingling and her attention shifted to the entrace doors. There stood Daehyun, looking around to look for Haneul. She waved at him, and he made his way towards her.

"Hey sorry I'm late." Daehyun said as he sat down.

"It's alright. I didn't wait long anyway. I got you hot caramel macchiato by the way." Haneul gently pushed the cup of coffee towards Daehyun.

"Thanks, Haneul. How much was this?" Daehyun took out his wallet.

"It's alright. My treat. Listen.. About us-"

"I lost my chance right?" Daehyun cut Haneul off.

Haneul sighed and looked at Daehyun straight in the eye. "I'm truly sorry. I'm sorry that I made you wait for months because I was confused. Honestly, I was hurt by what happened that night at the river, but I realised that I wasn't truly angry or mad. I was just hurt that you guys went behind my back instead of confronting me. And.."

"And?"

"I just realised I've been in love with someone else all along."

"It's L isn't it?"

"Yes.. After I met him, I experienced feelings I've never felt before. My heart was constantly racing even just standing next to him. Don't get me wrong. I really did genuinely like you. You were always there for me, and we had each other's backs since forever. But the one my heart is yearning for is someone else. I'm sorry, Dae." Haneul whispered the last part and a tear rolled down her cheek.

Daehyun got up from his seat and sat down next to Haneul. He brought her to his embrace and patted her shoulder. "You don't have to apologise, Haneul-ah. We can't control our own feelings. I sort of knew that you have feelings for L. These past few months you were always zoning out, and when I walked you back home from school you would always glance at his house before going inside. I regret coming after you so late.. Maybe, just maybe if I was bold enough to confess earlier.." Daehyun trailed, trying to hold back his tears.

"Don't blame yourself. Maybe we're just not meant to be. Sooner or later I'm sure you will find the one for you. You will find her, I'm sure of it." Haneul encouraged.

Daehyun looked down at her and smiled. "Thank you, Haneul. Thank you for accepting me and making me the happiest guy during the time that we were together."

"Same goes to you, Dae. I'll definitely treasure our memories except when you cheated on me." Haneul joked.

Daehyun gave her a shocked look and Haneul laughed. "I was joking!". Daehyun heaved a sigh of relief and flicked Haneul's forehead. "Now you know how to tease me huh?"

Both of them laughed and si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter