Secret Santa and Christmas Surprise

Five Points On A Star

Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran


“5, 6, 7, 8!”

Emily bobbed her head lightly, accurately following the dance steps. Her eyes were fixed on her instructor, who was also doing the same dance routine. Sweat dripped down the side of her face but she didn’t mind it. Her concentration was focused only on the dance number.

Emily didn’t even notice her mentor come into the room. He quietly tiptoed to the bench at the back of the room and watched Emily with proud eyes.

A large grin appeared on Jay’s face, *That’s my girl.*

For some reason, it was only a few seconds later when Jay glanced at the time and walked out of the room.

The song ended and Emily grabbed her bottle from the bench, gulping the cold beverage down. The instructor gave them a five-minute break and Emily sat down, massaging her legs lightly.

Suddenly, another girl came and sat next to Emily. “Hi!” the girl chirped.

Emily was surprised because most trainees didn’t come over to talk to her out of jealousy after hearing that she would debut sooner than the rest when she’s been training for less. They would often say hi and acknowledge her but no one made it a point to actually talk to her. Waving once, Emily replied, “Hi.”

The girl wiped at her own sweat, thanking Emily when she handed her a tissue. “Practice is tiring, huh?”

Emily capped her bottle, “Sure is.”

“I’m Yoo Su Bin.”

“I’m-“

“Emily, I know. Everyone knows who you are since you’re debuting soon. You’re so lucky.” Su Bin looked at her covetously.

Emily timidly looked over, “I’m sure you’ll debut soon.”

Su Bin nodded once, looking away before turning back. “Are you nervous?”

“Huh?” Emily questioned.

“For your debut.” Su Bin added, “When is it?”

“Oh. About a month from now.” Emily informed.

Before Su Bin could probe anymore the instructor clapped her hands and everyone gathered for another song.

 

Three days passed in a blink of an eye. Emily looked at her boss in surprise as he announced that everyone had a day off because it was Christmas day. Pouting slightly, Emily walked outside with her jacket on. It was cold but nice out.

“Hey.”

Her eyes rounded in surprise, “H-hey...”

Jay smiled down at her, his heartbeat increasing slowly. “Are you excited for the Secret Santa event later?”

Emily had almost forgot about that. She subconsciously shifted away from him because she felt uncomfortable being so close to him. “Yeah, I guess.”

Jay lifted a single brow, “You don’t seem like it.”

“It’s just that I’m not sure if... if this person likes the present.”

Jay nodded in understanding, “I’m not sure if she’ll like my present either it I guess we can only hope for the best.”

Emily said nothing.

“I really like her so I hope she’ll like it. I did a lot to get her name for the Secret Santa event.”

Emily’s face fell drastically. *So he likes someone...*

She pretended to put on a happy smile, “I hope things go well with her!”

Jay softened and pinched her cheeks affectionately. “Me, too.”

 

“Why does it matter?”

“W-what?” Jay was taken aback. He didn’t expect Jong Suk to question him.

“Why does it matter whether or not I got Emily?”

Jay grew embarrassed but he soon grew curious himself. Why had he done that? Why did it matter? He looked down at his own piece of paper that had the name ‘Yoo Su Bin’ on it. *Why can’t I just be the Secret Santa for this person?*

All of a sudden it clicked and Jay bravely breathed out, looking at Jong Suk straight in the eyes.

“I like her.”

“Okay.” Jong Suk smiled.

Jay faltered again, “What?”

Jong Suk snatched the paper in Jay’s hand and exchanged, “I had Emily. She’s all yours.”

Jay stared at Emily’s name, “W-why are you giving this to me?”

“Wae? You don’t want it?” Jong Suk stepped forward to grab it back.

Jay held it protectively behind him, “N-no! I want it!”

Jay turned but Jong Suk said something that made him stop, “Because I know you like my dongsaeng. You better treat her well or I’ll have your neck.”

Jay gulped but couldn’t stop smiling at the name.

‘Park Eun Mi’

But clueless to the both of them, a dark figure slipped around the corner, cursing under her breath. She had gotten a clear sight of the previous name Jay had had. Her fists clenched tightly and she gritted her teeth. “Park Eun Mi... You’re gonna wish you didn’t take Jay away from me.” and Su Bin walked away.

 

For some reason, Emily thought of her parents. *This would be the first Christmas that I’m not with them.* She sighed loudly, momentarily forgetting that Jay was with her.

“What’s wrong?” Jay frowned. He could tell a lot was on her mind but she didn’t trust him 100%.

Before she could say something he interrupted her, “Actually, it’s okay. You can tell me if you want, I won’t force you to do anything you don’t want.”

Emily softened and she felt bad. He did so much for her. It was because of him that she succeeded this far. *And because of a little insecurity our relationship went downhill.*

“Mian-“

“Everyone has their own little story.” Jay looked at her again, angelically smiling at her.

“Actually...” she began, “I think I’ll tell you someday. I’ll tell you soon, but lets go back inside. We should look for our Secret Santa partner.”

Emily stepped inside but Jay went ahead of her, grabbing a hold of her hand. Satisfied, he went inside with his hand interlocking hers. Lucky for them, no one noticed it except for a certain someone.

“Actually,” Jay stood in front of her and blocked her from going forward. “Why don’t we go somewhere to hang out? Just the two of us?”

And he gave her such a sweet smile that she just couldn’t resist.

----

“Are you sure no one would recognize you?” Emily pulled her sweater closer to her but Jay just walked freely.

He chuckled and grabbed her hand again. “There are older people in this place. Not lots of younger people come here.”

Emily was glad it was dark out because she knew that she was blushing severely. Her eyes were set on their intertwined hands. Smiling discreetly, she grabbed on tighter and happily walked in the nightlight.

Jay found a ddeokbokki stand and paid for two servings, much to Emily’s protest. They sat down at a table, inhaling the spicy food. Emily momentarily forgot about Jay’s presence at the taste of the delicious rice cakes.

Jay glanced up from his food, taking a peek at the girl in front of him. The corners of his mouth curled up and he spoke, “Aigo! Look at you! You can’t even eat properly!” He picked up a tissue and affectionately wiped at her lips.

Emily’s heart started beating fasted and she felt her cheeks growing red, but she didn’t stop him. He finished wiping the sauce on , smiled, and continued eating like nothing happened.

Suddenly, Jay stood up and went behind Emily. She attempted to turn her head to look at him but he put his hands on either side of her head to prevent her from looking at him. Brushing her hair to one side he brought the chain over and clasped it together.

Emily felt something cold touch her neck and she looked down. There, she was a necklace.

Her eyes rounded and she looked up at Jay, “What is this for?”

Jay shrugged nonchalantly, as if his heart wasn’t about to explode out of his chest. “Merry Christmas!”

He grinned at her cheekily and rested his cheek on his palm. “I’m your Secret Santa. Originally, I got someone else but-“ He stopped and cleared his throat, “Never mind. But yeah, I hope you like it.”

“I love it.” Emily softened, she really did love it.

“Well I’m glad you do because I have another part to it.” He brought out another piece. It was another wishbone but this time it wasn’t a necklace. Jay sincerely looked her in the eyes, “When you break this, I’ll grant your wish if you get the bigger piece.” (A/N: I’m SOOO taking this from ‘The Heirs’ LOL. xD I just really like this concept. IT’S SO CUTE!! ~^^)

“Thanks, Jay oppa.” Emily smiled, slightly melting him.

“I guess this all worked out because I’m also your Secret Santa!”

Jay’s eyes rounded and became bigger. Then his expression started to become normal again. *We must be fated to be together...*

She brought out her gift, which was nicely wrapped with a ribbon and put into a bag. Emily held it out, anticipating his reaction.

He uncovered the box and grew surprised once again. Jay extended his arms and tightly hugged her. “You never fail to surprise me. You know me so well.”

They let go of each other and Jay pocketed the gift, “Thanks for the new headphones and new sneakers.”

“No problem. I know you would need it since you’re always dancing and I noticed that your sneakers were kind of dying out.” Emily grinned. (A/N: I really didn’t know what to put LOL.)

After they finished eating they walked around a bit. Soon, Emily found herself with Jay next to her in front of the beach. The water sparkled as the moon shined brightly.

Emily often glanced at Jay but she made it as discreet as possible. Jay noticed it in the very beginning and he grew happier knowing that she was paying attention to him. He looked down at her hands that held his and gave it a slight squeeze. He stopped walking and so did Emily.

“I have something to confess, but you have to answer my question first.” Jay murmured, leaning his forehead on hers.

“Y-yeah?”

“Do you only see me as your mentor, or something more?”

“W-what?!”

Emily couldn’t concentrate. All she saw was Jay and his lips. And to top it off, she saw him getting closer. Just when she closed her eyes to experience the questioned yet anticipated kiss, all she felt was cold wind. Frowning, she opened her eyes.

“Never mind.” Jay said. Even though he was smiling, Emily could see the disappointment in his eyes.

“Well it’s getting late. I’ll drive you home.” His voice was evidently a lot lower in volume. He walked ahead of her.

Emily put the seatbelt on and Jay started driving. Only a little time passed before they arrived in front of the dorms.

“Good night.” Jay said.

Emily gripped the door handle but paused, “Wait.” Jay looked up curiously. “I don’t just see you as a mentor. I don’t just see you as a friend. I see you as something so much more...”

Jay gazed at her strongly and she squirmed under his stare. Emily was the first to look away. “Sorry,” she grabbed the handle and began to pull open the door, “That was out of line-“

Jay leaned over from the driver’s eat, pulled her back by the wrists, and shut her up with his lips. Emily stiffened but then soon enough, she relaxed in his arms.

The kiss was so much better than she had imagined. It made her feel light and like she was in heaven. And at that moment she just knew... that she was definitely in love with Jay Park.

Jay tilted his head to deepen the kiss, tightening his hold around her as if she would float away if he were to let go. Nothing but positive thoughts went through his mind. *I finally did it...* he thought in bliss.

Both of them forgot about all the consequences, all about the unwanted relationship, and all about how it was an unwritten rule to be forbidden to fall in love with each other. They didn’t care. The two just knew that they had feelings for each other and it just couldn’t be ignored.

Emily began running out of breath and she pulled back slowly. They were both panting faintly. White flurry snow began to fall to the ground. The two looked around their surroundings and as if God wanted this moment to be perfect, it was the first snowfall. Nothing was going through their mind except for the thought that they were glad to be with each other for the first snowfall of the year.

Coincidentally, they both grinned and gazed into each other’s eyes.

“Merry Christmas.”


Surprise update! ~^^ I really wanted to update because I really want to get to the dramatic parts (as I'm better at writing angst and intense scenes LOL) and also because I have another story in mind, which I would really like to start but I don't write more than one story at a time. All I'll say is that my next story will feature EXO, but yeah. That's about it for today. Enjoy~!