Acquaintances are Friends.

Summertime Sadness.

So, Kyungsoo was his name. I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes, my tongue running across my lower lip in annoyance. It was only the first day and I was ready to kick some . 

"Actually, I retract my apology," I stated firmly, glaring at this Kyungsoo character. 

Kyungsoo looked at me with anger and frustration clearly in his eyes as he continued to hold his bleeding nose.  I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to say something. 

"Do you? What a shock," he responded, shaking his head slightly. "And here I was, mistaken. I thought that you were going to be a ," 

"I see you're quite the charmer," I grated with a sickly sweet smile before slamming my locker shut and walking away. 

I wasn't exactly expecting to enjoy my time at this school, but I also wasn't expecting to come into contact with someone who was such an . If the rest of the students were anything like that damned Kyungsoo kid, I knew that the rest of this year would be positively awful. God, I don't know how I managed to resist the urge to punch his pretty face and cause even more damage than I already had, but I did. With my mood already ruined I trudged to the classroom that I'd be spending the better part of my year in. Hopefully I wouldn't be graced with the presence of Kyungsoo or any of his friends. I have no doubts that they would be equally as unpleasant. 

I stepped into the classroom and narrowed my eyes as I looked across the classroom. There was a decent mix of human beings, though most of them looked like a mix of awful and awful. No one in the room appeared to be anyone that I would enjoy sitting next to, but there were a select few who looked at least tolerable. I stalked over to a vacant spot near the window and took a seat. There was still a considerable amount of time until class began, so I laid my head down on the table and closed my eyes. I may as well get a few winks before I have to deal with what I know will be a greuling day. 

+++++++

"Kyungsoo, calm down dammit," Jongin put a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder as they walked to their classroom. 

Kyungsoo was still seething. He wasn't always great when it came to managing his anger and this was no exception. 

"God, she's such a ," he snapped, his arms crossed firmly in front of his chest. 

"She said she was sorry," Jongin tried to reason.

"Were you not listening?" Kyungsoo threw Jongin a look. 

Jongin rolled his eyes and decided to keep his mouth shut. He knew that there was no way he could reason with Kyungsoo. The pair continued their walk to class in silence with Kyungsoo letting an annoyed huff escape his lips every once in a while. 

+++

"Class is beginning! I encourage all of you to pay attention!" The teacher's voice boomed through the now full class room, effectively waking me from my short slumber. 

I rubbed my eyes and sleepily rested my chin in the palm of my hand. I looked around the classroom to see who had filed in while I was resting my eyes and cringed when I saw an unfortunately familiar head of black hair in the seat in front of me. To my absolute chagrin Kyungsoo was in my class and I'd have to put up with his all year. Sadly, I always wear my emotions on my face and on occassion I express them through sounds. Even worse, it was much too late for me to take back the groan of disappointment that escaped me. 

I felt my heart leap into my throat as I watched Kyungsoo turn around slowly, making eye contact with me. 

"Oh, it's you," he sounded amazingly uninterested. 

"Problem?" I pursed my lips. 

"Not at all," Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before turning around and whispering something to Jongin. 

Jongin nodded a few times before turning around and stealing a glance at me quickly. His expression remained neutral which made me feel oddly uneasy. I would assume that he hates me too. 

+++

The end of the day finally came and I couldn't be more excited. I gathered my things and got out of the classroom as quickly as I could without missing the glares that Kyungsoo was sending me. I could deal with him later. 

I made it out to the courtyard of the school before anyone attempted to converse with me. 

"Jihye!" 

I turned around to see my cousin Wooyoung cantering toward me. 

"I thought you weren't going to stop for a moment," he chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder. 

"Not stop for my favorite cousin? Never," I rolled my eyes with my lips curving up in a slight smile. 

We walked together in comfortable silence until Wooyoung broke it. That boy always had something to say, even when he didn't. 

"So, how was your first day?" 

I sighed before shaking my head lightly. 

"I managed to royally piss off this kid named Kyungsoo," I looked at him, waiting for a reaction of some sort. 

"What did you do this time?" Wooyoung asked, cocking an eyebrow. 

"Nothing!" I put my hands up defensively before returning them to their place on my back pack straps. 

"I just gave him a bloody nose with my locker door..." I mumbled, hoping that the words would be too quiet for him to hear. 

"You did what?" a bubble of laughter escaped his lips. "I can't believe it was you! You're that that Kyungsoo was so worked up about!" 

"What?" I blinked a few times, processing what Wooyoung had just told me. 

"First off, why are you friends with that thing? Second, I am not a . I'm just assertive," I crossed my arms and glared at him. 

"To answer your question, I'm not friends with Kyungsoo. We're simply acquaintances who happen to run in the same circle," he looked to me. "In response to the statement you just made, I don't think you're a , but we're also related," 

"Acquaintances are essentially friends," I stated flatly before beginning to walk a little faster than Wooyoung. I was no longer in the mood for friendly banter with my lovely cousin even if his dad was my ride home. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hey! Just an update, hope that it wasn't too bad. I know that I haven't updated this in over a year, but I've decided to pick this up again. 

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! <3