Take-off and Land.

Summertime Sadness.

I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. My bags were packed and zipped. My livid parents had driven me to the airport earlier this morning and I was sitting in the terminal. The plane would be leaving in just twenty minutes. I would be leaving everything behind- my friends, my school, my life. It was all too much for me to comprehend. Though, I suspect my incoherrency could have something to do with my incessant hangover this morning. 

I know what you're thinking. "Underage drinking is bad and you're going to end up ruining your health," And to be completely honest, I don't care. For all I care lightning will strike me right now and I'll die. As of now that seems like it would be the best option for me. It would keep my parents from dealing with me ever again and I wouldn't have to go to Korea. Besides, I'm sure that my relatives aren't too thrilled about seeing me again. 

"Flight number 434 Korean Air to Seoul, South Korea now boarding,"

My heart practically leapt out of my throat and onto the floor. I could see my demise approaching quickly. Reluctantly I picked up my carry-ons and walked toward the entrance of the plane. For a split second I thought about running from it, but that would be the cowardly thing to do. I couldn't do that to myself, even if I did want the ground to swallow me whole. 

I handed my ticket to the flight attendant and entered the plane. 

This was the point of no return. What was awaiting me would forever change my outlook on life. 

I shakily made my way to my seat. It was a nice window seat, but even the beautiful view wasn't enough to appease me. After sitting for what seemed like an eternity, I heard the pilot announce that the plane would be taking off shortly. My stomach had tied itself into even tighter knots than before. As the plane started to move, I felt myself relax. It was strange. Here was something I was so against, but I was somehow relaxed. It was hard to understand. Almost like a state of unexplicable nirvana. 

I felt my shoulder being tapped and a rather loud and shrill voice in my ear. 

"Ma'am, the plane has landed. Please wake up," The hostess said, looking rather bored. 

I opened my eyes slowly and smiled falsely with a curt nod. "Thank you,"

Standing up swiftly, I managed to bump my head on the over head storage compartment. A rather loud curse left my lips as I stepped out of the small space and retrieved my bags. With slouched shoulders, I ventured out into the terrifying airport terminal. 

Everything I had ever known had diminished. I was now in a different country with a new language, school, and hopefully different friends. I looked around me, the hustle and bustle was overwhelming my senses. At each turn a sea of judgemental eyes greeted me. I had no idea who any of these people were and they didn't know me. Yet I could tell they knew I didn't belong. If it was my confused expression or my 'western' clothing, I didn't know.

As I continued to walk around on shaky legs in search for something familiar, I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around to be greeted by a muscular built chest. My eyes trailed upward as I attempted to figure out who this mystery man was. Once I reached his face, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. He looked so familiar, but how? He couldn't be one of the cousins my parents stuck me with. There was absolutely no way. At least I didn't think there was. 

"Nice to see you too, Jiwi," 

I cringed at the old nickname. I knew exactly who he was. 

"Ah, Wooyoung!" I feigned excitement. He was always my favorite cousin, but I couldn't find it in me to be truly happy about this reunion. "You look... Different."

Wooyoung let out a light chuckle. "I know that's what 11 years does to a guy," He said with a wink. "You know who else looks different?"

I knew exactly what was coming. "No, who?" I raised a sarcastic brow. 

"You! You used to be such a cute little girl. What happened?" Wooyoung made a poor joke and nudged your side gently. 

"Puberty?" I couldn't help, but smile a little. It was just like old times. He never failed to put me in a good mood. I alway knew that he was my favorite cousin. 

"Good answer," Wooyoung answered with a twinkle in his eyes. 

"Now, my parents instructed me to pick you up and bring you back to our house. So, let's go get your bags and we can re-introduce you to the family,"

Oh god, today would be an interesting and sleepless day.