Fast Forward.

Summertime Sadness.

"Jihye, wake up! It's time for your first day of school!" My hyperactive Aunt Jihyun chirped through the crack of my door. 

I stirred under the covers for a good minute or two before peeking at her from under the blankets. 

"No." I replied in monotone before covering myself once again. 

"Now, Jihye today isn't the day for you to be lazy." She chided with her hands on her hips. "Get up and go to school, maybe you'll make some friends."

I scoffed before groaning and sitting up in bed to shoot her and incredulous look. "I honestly don't think that I'll be making any friends."

"Not with that attitude." Jihyun rolled her eyes, narrowing them at me. "And especially if you don't wake up." 

"And I am okay with that." I gave her a quick salute before falling back into bed. 

"Dammit, Jihye. I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice." She clucked her tongue before leaving. 

"Pffft. Whatever." I shook my head letting sleep take over once more. 

I was already in a deep sleep by the time Jihyun returned with my cousin Wooyoung and I truly believed that they would just let me skip school for the day and sleep in. I was sorely mistaken.

"Time to get up, Jiwi!" Wooyoung boomed in a loud voice. 

"No." I groaned and snuggled deeper into the comforter and sheets. 

I thought I heard him mumble something along the lines of This girl... and I'm sorry I have to do this. I completely disregared what he was saying. 

"Good morning, Jiwi!" I could hear the grin in his deep voice before he grabbed my ankles and pulled me right out of bed. 

This goes without saying, but I landed on the floor with a loud thud and I was pissed. 

"God dammit, Wooyoung." I glared before pushing myself off of the ground. 

He feigned an offended gasp, putting a hand over his heart. "Language, young lady."

"At least I'm up. Be happy." I grumbled and crossed my arms, tapping my toe on the ground.

Wooyoung just laughed before walking out of my room with my aunt who looked equally as satisfied. 

"Be ready in twenty minutes or we'll leave without you." Aunt Jihyun reminded before practically prancing out of my room.

+++

"Have a great first day, kids!" My overly optomistic Uncle Doojoon shouted out of the open car window before waving at Wooyoung and me. 

"Thanks, dad!" Wooyoung waved back before nudging me to do the same. 

I coughed awkwardly before giving a half-hearted wave as I watched my uncle drive away. 

"Ready for the first day?" Wooyoung looked over at me as we walked into school. 

"Define ready." I kept my arms crossed over my chest and sent glares at other students who were sending me odd looks. It seemed that this school had an issue with staring. Or maybe it was the fact that I was new. Either way I already found everyone to be rude and annoying. What a fantastic start to a new school. 

"Classic Jihye. You'll do fine." Wooyoung chuckled and ruffled my hair.  

"That's what you think." I retorted as I swatted his hand away and fixed my messy hair. 

"And we both know that I'm always right." Wooyoung stated cockily and straightened the tie included in his school uniform. 

It seemed as if he was going to give me more of his quote-unquote wisdom when a loud, cheery voice called Wooyoung's name. 

"Wooyoung! Over here!" A guy with dark hair and equally dark eyes cupped his hands around his mouth before waving frantically at my only tolerable cousin. 

Wooyoung looked over at him before smiling and waving back. 

"You gonna be okay?" Wooyoung glanced at me, taking a few steps toward his friends. 

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be just fine without you, Woo." I made a shooing motion with my hand. 

"Alright, I'll see you later then." He nodded before jogging to his friends. 

I chuckled lightly before walking into the front door of the school. A new experience was about to start and I was not about to enjoy it. I couldn't believe what my parents had gotten me into. With a heavy sigh, I ignored the curious looks I was getting, and walked to my assigned locker. 

"324... 325... Ah! 326." I mumbled and stopped in front of my assigned locker. 

I opened it quickly before swinging my backpack off of my shoulders (rather violently might I add) and tossing a few books and pens that I didn't need from my first few classes into the locker. I ignored the sudden loud chatter coming from the group of four boys at the locker next to mine. They weren't paying attention to me and I wasn't about to give them the time of day. I was just about finished shoving my books into my locker when I reached a particularly big book that wouldn't fit in the small space. I whined and stomped my feet on the ground before opening my locker door even more. As luck would have it, I swung it open with a little too much force. 

"!" I heard one of the boys next door hiss. 

. My first day and I already managed to piss someone off. I slowly closed my locker and met eyes with the angry, wide eyed boy. 

"Sorry...?" I looked at him with a small shrug.

"Tch. Yeah, sure you're sorry." He shook his head, while holding onto his hand. It was bright red, I must've hit him pretty hard. It was enough to almost make me feel guilty. Almost, but not quite. He looked like the type of guy who had lots of girls after him and so did his friends. They were all heartbreakingly beautiful, but that didn't mean much to me. 

"Yeah, I actually am." I crossed my arms over my chest once again. 

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so you're one of those girls." He rotated his jaw and bit his lip in aggrivation. 

"One of those girls? What is that supposed to mean?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"It means th-" He was cut off as one of his rather tall friends put a hand on his shoulder and pushed him away from me. 

"Come on, Kyungsoo. It's not worth it, she said she was sorry. End of story." 

So, Kyungsoo was his name. I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes, my tongue running across my lower lip in annoyance. It was only the first day and I was ready to kick some . 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, everyone! Sorry for not updating for a while, but I sort of forgot about this. Hope that this update was okay! I'll probably have another one up shortly. 

Thanks for putting up with me!

<3