Two

The Adventures of a Tomboy Housekeeper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Min Hee's hand quivered as she double checked the crumpled piece of paper that had her aunt's address written messily in blue pen that was even more illegible from the blue smudges and streaks caused by the big fat droplets of rain. The cold and numbing downpour continued to pierce through her jumper to her skin, drenching her till she couldn't feel her feet. She cursed herself for not bringing a spare umbrella.

She didn't have time to pack everything. Her top priority at the time was to gain enough distance from her father while he was away drinking till dawn so he couldn't find her when he finally realised she had run away. Then she would never have to see him, she wouldn't have to be reminded of a bastard that couldn't even be called a father. Throughout all those years she lived with him all he brought was tears, misery, abuse and suffering especially for her mother. All those years of miserable suffering she had to witness and endure were like scars that haunted her every night and Min Hee couldn't careless about him, he deserved to rot in his alcohol infested hellhole and receive tenfold the pain she and her mother suffered.

One day she told her mother, "Let's go just the two of us, mum. We can pack about bags tonight. He won't notice till dawn since he's out drinking. Run far away from that bastard and this hellhole!"

"Don't call your father a bastard." She scolded. "He's all we have."

I stared at her incredulous. "He's not my father, he's a monster! What father brings hurts the ones he loves the most?" I stared my mother in the eye but she turned slightly away, her gaze wavering. 

"Be quiet Min Hee. I don't want to talk about this." My mum ordered.

She turned around to the shabby kitchen that only consisted of a stove, basin and table. Her mother was avoiding discussion about their father and Min Hee could see it. But Min Hee couldn't stop and she was sick of it and the pain they had to go through everyday of because of that bastard. All her complaints and hatred just came rushing out uncontrollably like the waves of the and ocean in a storm, it was ugly and she couldn't stop it.

"Look at you, mother. You're covered in bruises every day and every night I here you cry. He brings pain wherever he is. When you come back exhausted from work he just demands all your money and you do nothing about it. And all that money goes down the drain for his bloody booze, it's disgusting and when he comes back from the bar he just beats you. That bastard doesn't deserve to live.."

The whip of the skin to skin contact resounded in the room. Min Hee touche

Please log in to read the full chapter