One

The Adventures of a Tomboy Housekeeper
Please log in to read the full chapter


Rain poured heavily from the stormy grey skies. Droplets of water drummed against the roof of the bus. Eventually sliding down the windows, leaving a trail of tears against the scratched and mistreated glass panes. The battered bluish-green synthetic leather seats were covered in occasional slashes and gave off a strange unpleasant odour lined up the poorly maintained bus.

The dark silhouette of a hooded figure barely lit up by the dim lights occupied a window seat in the back row. Only a lonely black duffel bag rested beside her. Her head was inclined towards the window as she dozed off, involuntarily puffs of air would escape from her cracked parted lips as she breathed. Her gangly figure was concealed underneath the boyish clothing of a worn oversized black hoodie, black patched-up track pants, dirty old runners, tucked under her hood was a grey cap displaying a beer brand, "Vox" and hidden underneath her top was a cross that was priceless to her. 

The howling wind screamed like a banshee, immediately jolting her up from her quick nap. Her hand s up to touch her embellished cross that hung from a silver chain over her pale neck; it was her mother's cross and also soothed her wound up emotions.

She checked her watch. The bus was desolate at 12 a.m. except for one other passenger, an old ahjussi who was stationed behind the bus driver with an umbrella. His wrinkled face, grey-white hair and ordinary clothes gave him the typical ahjussi loo

Please log in to read the full chapter