Five

The Adventures of a Tomboy Housekeeper
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Anyway let's move on. I need to inform you about the your new living arrangements." Aunt Rhee switched topics.

"Min Hee you're going to live in a boarding house." Aunt Rhee announced suddenly. She knew she had said she was going to take care of Min Hee but her schedule was so busy because of her job it was near impossible. 

Min Hee was about to protest when her aunt put her hand up to cut her off. 

"Let me explain before you argue with me. Min Hee you must understand I am a very busy person, I'm the CEO of Geuon Corporations, the family company. I'm always on important business trips and meetings and my days at work are long. I know I promised to look after you so this is the best decision I could come up with I don't want to leave you alone in this big house without any adult supervision because I'm always away because of my work. I own the boarding house and it is only a ten minute walk from school." She explained. 

"But I can look after myself. I've been doing it for the past few years of my life Aunt Rhee." Min Hee argued. She learned to grow up quickly living in the slums, no one was going to help you besides your family and sometimes they weren't always reliable.  

"I know you're an independent woman but I have a proposal for you. I heard from your mother you wanted move out and live independently on your own but to do that you need money. If you agree to live in the boarding house, I'll allow you to get a job but the job is to become the boarding house housekeeper. If you take the job I'll pay you five thousand dollars are month and when you graduate from high school you can either choose to leave this place and live independently or stay with me."

Min Hee was shocked that she was could be paid up to five grand a month just for a cleaning and cooking job. The boarding house was a problem because she despised interacting with people, having to put effort into being friendly and fake just to gain some friends wasn't worth it, especially if they were bound to betray you in the end. Min Hee didn't really trust anyone and the fact that there was risk her privacy could be invaded was worrying. However she was never going to get an opportunity like that again in her lifetime she believed it was worth it but something told her that it was all too easy. 

"What's the catch?" Min Hee asked in a suspicious tone. 

Aunt Rhee smiled at Min Hee's perceptivene

Please log in to read the full chapter