Three

The Adventures of a Tomboy Housekeeper
Please log in to read the full chapter

A servant was immediately at Min Hee's side when she entered the house. She wondered how rich her aunty was to be able to afford all this. She didn't know much about her mother's past, her mother never revealed anything and when Min Hee tried to ask she would always change the topic. If her aunt was really this wealthy why didn't she send any help to her family Min Hee thought. It made her slightly angry that her aunt had the power to change their living situation but chose not to. But Min Hee knew that life wasn't fair and it was too late change anything.

The servant had a towel and change of clothes in her arms and offered it to her. 

"No it's fine. I have my change of clothes in my bag." Min Hee protested.

The servant was probably in her fifties; wrinkled and with grey hair from her hard work. She had a kind and gentle face. 

She nodded and Min Hee took the soft white towel from her hands and began drying herself. 

Aunt Rhee swept into the room in her purple night gown, her dark hair was down in tresses of loose curls.

"Hello Min Hee," She smiled warmly. 

Min Hee bowed and greeted her in return. 

"It's good to see you have manners." Her aunt commented.

Min Hee thought to herself well of course she was going to be polite since she was under her aunt's care from now on. What did she think she was going to be like? Rude? Trouble? Uncivilised? They were typical responses when people saw her for the first time.  

She turned to the servant beside Min Hee. "Mary show Min Hee to her room and get the hot water running. Give her the clothes to change in or she can pick them herself from the clothes that I just bought yesterday." 

"Miss she has said she already has a change of clothes in her bag." The servant informed. 

Aunt Rhee stared at Min Hee critically and began assessing her niece's appearance. Min Hee was dressed like a guy, her hair all choppy and mishappen, clothes baggy and unpleasant. She assumed that in those bags would be more masculine clothes that were not suitable for a young girl like her. 

"Min Hee please accept the change of clothes that I've provided. Here you will be a girl and I expect you to dress like one. I think the clothes in your bag won't be suitable and hurry to your room to change before you catch a cold."

Being a girl...yes that was strange for Min Hee. She had spent most of her life like a boy for her own safety. Switching to her more feminine side kind of alienated her but nonetheless she would obliged with her Aunt's request. It was what her mother would've wanted too. It was time to cast off this disguise she thought. Her aunt was right most of what she owned was nowhere near girly, in fact she had never owned any piece of girly clothing since she was five.  

"Yes Aunt Rhee." Min Hee said, taking off her cap s

Please log in to read the full chapter