Four

The Adventures of a Tomboy Housekeeper
Please log in to read the full chapter

Min Hee was wary of her surroundings, she was in the living room. There was a fireplace with a fire that thrived brightly at the back, keeping the space warm and cozy. There were two cream leather sofas on either side with a dark mahogony coffee table in between them, under table was a lush bronze and brown rug. Jeong Rhee was sitting on the left lounge with a wine glass in her hand and stared into the fire. Min Hee was distracted by the view of her aunt's back yard, there was enormous glass pane that made up one of the walls to the left of the fireplace with a view of her aunt's elaborate gardens. The cold rain pattered on the huge windows, sliding their way down.

"Sit down Min Hee."  Her aunt commanded. 

Min Hee took the seat on the right lounge opposite her aunt. She could see the similarities between her mother and Aunt Rhee, they both had the same tall sharp nose, pale skin, angular and oval face shape and the same elegant behaviour from a high class upbringing but that’s where it stopped, instead of her mother's warm dark brown eyes, hers were stern with a glimmer of sadness. 

"I think you owe me an explanation as to why you have arrived at my house late at night instead what we suggested." Jeong Rhee watched her niece who was rigid and alert in her seat. 

"I couldn't stay with him any longer. I was only there with him for so long because of my mother. So when he went out to drink in the evening I knew it was my time to leave. If he knew I was going to leave he would've made a fuss and that's why I didn't want him to know. You coming to pick me would've only caused a fuss and I don't have time for that." Min Hee explained. 

"So your father doesn't know?" Aunt Rhee checked. 

"That bastard isn't my father." She stated coldly. "And he doesn't know and I plan to keep it that way."

Min Hee didn't want to have any relation with that man anymore because of all the suffering and misery he put her and her mother through. She would never ever meet him again. 

Jeong Rhee was surprised at the venom in her tone. She isn't only one that hates him she thought.

"I see, I promised your mother I would take care of you in any way from her dying wish. I'll try to help you with that." She said. 

"I wished you helped us when we were rotting in that hellhole with that bastard." Min Hee crossed her arms, defiant. "Where were you aunt Rhee while we suffered? Sitting in your ivory tower with maids and servants to aid you? Surrounded by riches we could only dream of? So where were you?" She ranted. 

"It took my mother's death to see you try." Min Hee stated bitterly. How dare she offer to help now when she could've done something in the past.

Please log in to read the full chapter