The Rookie

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stepped out of his reach, but the cold wind gushing from the front glass sliding doors made me shiver. He must’ve noticed this because he walked to the doors and closed it. He also closed the doors at the right side which led to a deck that offers continuity to the room. I marvelled at everything around me.

 

Who wouldn’t want to have this place, which is in itself, a great work of art? Not to mention having the spectacular gift of nature as your very own backyard. I noticed that the front view of the master bedroom reveals a blue swimming pool with a jacuzzi at the side.

 

“Nice place.” I can’t still believe the art of this perfection. “Who designed this?” I asked him.

 

He smiled, like a true proud owner of his home-love child. “A new architect. One you never heard of before.” He responded.

 

“Oh, a rookie.” I said, taken aback. “Well, one doesn’t need to be famous to work on something like this. All you need is pure talent. ” He crossed his arms, nodded, and seemed to acknowledge my words. But even though his stare is quite unnerving, I was still interested to meet his designer. I want some references, and he or she could be a great asset to Frames.

 

“Can you give me his number?” I asked casually.

 

“What makes you think my architect is a he?” he cocked his eyebrow. “Besides, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

 

“Why?” I asked curiously.

 

“You see, I’m a close friend of…” I smiled because he almost slipped, but nevertheless he regained his composure. “I’m a close friend, and the architect values the anonymity. This baby is customized. It was made and designed only for me.” He continued to explain.

 

I still didn’t understand, but I decided to let it go, for now. But he suddenly reassured me, “Don’t worry, in due time I’ll introduce you to my architect.” In due time? Will there be a next time?

 

“Okay, thanks. I’ll be looking forward to that.” I responded,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter