In My Bones

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara’s POV:

 

The A/C barely supported the attendance of over 11,000 people at Asiad Indoor Stadium. I can hear the security loudly saying to the people at the pit, “No pushing! Just because you are one step closer doesn’t mean you can see his sweat any better.” A few giggles escaped from the supporters at A2 section, most of them carrying a banner with one word printed in all caps: ALWAYS.

 

I could somehow sense that all true artists have one common denominator when it comes to the limelight— it is their drug, a brand of ecstasy extracted only when they perform live.

 

Euphoria, that’s probably the right term.

 

Careful now, for these players are dangerous creatures; an amalgamation of magic and science as they possess the charm TO CHARM. Casting out spells over hapless victims, you are held captive by their stage, their looks, and their vulnerability. That last one , I can assure you. The moment you fall into that, you’re done for. There’s no recovering, no antidote.

 

This drug- it heightens your senses. You see truth behind words, hear the passion a song carries. You feel as if every pore of your skin absorbs the sensation on that exact moment, the smell of excitement, and the palpable taste of the crowd’s eager anticipation.

 

Slowly, the lights illuminate the stage and I can’t help but hone in on your voice.

 

I should've known mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter