Find Me

Mine To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been too long, and it feels like stretching a sore muscle. Please tell me your thoughts. I hope to get this to a wider range of audience, so share it with others! I'll be more than happy if you take your time and give feedback. I will do my best to read and answer all of your comments, reviews, and queries, if you have some. I would love to engage with you!

 

 

It’s past six and the ride back to town may take an hour at best. I explained to Khun where I left my car and he reckoned to take it back tomorrow morning and offered to drive me home instead. I almost said yes. But the hard fact remains that I know nothing of this stranger, apart from sharing a meal with him. Considering the circumstance I am in, it dawned on me to put my walls back up. Time to go back to reality and face the music. So we compromised that he will take me to my car and me out of the lake’s estate instead. I was waiting for him at the main entryway, admiring the mirror that took advantage of the last remnants of the late afternoon’s light when I was suddenly greeted by a piece of clothing that flew out of nowhere. It smelled of him.

“Use that. It’s getting dark, and temperature will drop soon since we are at a higher altitude.” Said his voice that came from my left. I got it out of my face and discovered a black hoodie.

“Thanks.” I muttered. No need for unnecessary attachments. None of that now.

I quickly put in on me and looked at my reflection. I saw Khun wearing something similar standing behind, his grey eyes locked on mine. I held it and asked, “Ready?”

He let out a little sigh and nodded.

 

“I’m not getting on that.” No way. I’d rather walk.

“You don’t have a choice. My car’s not here, and this is all I’ve got.” He offered me a black helmet. “Besides, you wouldn’t fancy hiking in the dark, would you?”

In this part of the woods? I don’t think so. “Who knows what predators lurk out there,” he added. Great. Way to activate my imagination.

I really hate it when people make a valid point. It makes it harder to argue with them. “Fine.” I said, resigned to my fate. I took the helmet, but noticed something. “What about you?” There’s only one available.

“Don’t worry about me.” He mounted the black monstrosity steel frame. I have to admit, he has good taste. I know next to null about motorcycles, but even I could not deny this subtle beauty of this minimalist sports bike. Its radiator grill says CB1000R. He motioned to me, “Hop on!”

As if I have a choice.

 

Riding a motorcycle is unlike any other experience. The best I can describe it- you feel more. Your senses are heightened, thus, you get most out of the few minutes you’re on it. I could smell the forest, and taste the night air as it breezed through the open helmet. The moon seemed to shine brighter in the cloudless night sky. And Khun, with my hands on the sides of his torso, seemed so real. Yet, I know this may be the last time I get to hold him. So I practiced what that Latin quotation everyone waves around says: carpe diem, or more appropriately, carpe noctem.

 

Now I’m back in Tsokolate’s, an hour later. I dutifully parked and got out of the car, with Khun right on my heels, getting his helmet off. I figured this would be a good spot to part ways. I still don’t trust him enough to let him know where I reside. Edmund will have an apoplexy if that will happen.

“So this is it.” I turned to face him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter