Chapter Five

I Will Show You


Ailee's P.O.V.

"You told me we're only going to buy ice cream!" I yelled, trying to run to the door. "And we did, didn't we?!" Chaerin snapped. People stared at us like we were lunatics; which we probably were at the moment.

"Yah! Is this ice cream?!" I demanded, picking up a vintage cocktail dress. "No...If you're referring to food," Dara smiled cheekily. "Unnie!" I whined. "Please, let's just go home. I'm tired"

"Tired at 4pm? Wow Ye Jin," Chaerin smiled sarcastically. "It's just for the competition!"

"I don't want to!"

Why do I need a new makeover for a simple singing contest?! The way I sing and perform is what matters right?! "You guys are over exaggerating!" I complained in the fitting room. "Shut up!" both of them answered.

I sighed and slowly came out wearing the outfit they had shoved into my arms earlier.

"Omona..." Dara gasped as Chaerin smiled proudly. "Aish! It's so uncomfortable!" I hissed, tugging the dress down.

"OMOOO YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU WERE SO Y!!" Dara squealed. I covered my ears as I turned bright red. "Unnie!" I whined.

"I told you that dress was perfect for her!"

"Yeah, yeah, you're the fashionable one here," Dara giggled. "You know, I should give you a makeover as well, I mean look at that!"

"Mworago?! What's wrong with this?!" Dara pointed to her outfit which was composed of a white tee over a leather jacket, jeans, black Adidas shoes and a red beanie. "Nothing," Chaerin shrugged casually. The previous  huffed, "Of course nothing!"

"Anyway, let's buy the outfit!"

"Yeah! My Ailee is going to fly!" Dara punched the air. I rolled my eyes as I payed for the dress. "Ailee?"

"Well I found the name somewhere, it means bird~"

"Aish! So cheesy!"

I nervously fiddled with my dress as a contestant, Bang Min-Ah, proceeded to the stage and began her song.
"I just hope I won't embarass myself, this competition looks like it's the most important in all of Korea..." I muttered. I was accepted here since I won the school competition that I joined at YG University.

I was wearing the dress we bought last week . Hours before going here, I found myself sitting on the chair of Chaerin's vanity, the owner putting in black stuff on my eyes. I could only sigh when she applied even more make-up even if everyone agreed I look stunning. I don't feel pretty, nor would I believe it. They even gave me contacts! I shuddered, contacts weren't good for you. I don't care that this'll be the only time I'm using them, my best friends seem to be planning something I'll hate. 

"Are you that nervous?" a male voice laughed. I turned my head towards the direction of the vaguely familiar voice and was surprised to see a handsome man walking and sitting next to me casually. "Um..." I bowed. "I am a bit nervous"

"Don't worry, you'll do great. I haven't seen you though," he looked at me with furrowed brows. I cleared my throat, "This is my first time"
"Oh, how old are you?"
"19"
"Wow, that's young..." he gave me a bright smile, and my nervousness melted. I smiled back shyly. "I'm sure you're going to be really good. I wish you the best!" he gave my head a pat and offered me an unopened energy drink. "Thank you!" I bowed again.

He nodded and stood up, before accepting the mic a staff offered him. Wait, was he a contestant too?
"Ladies and gentlemen, let's give another round of applause for Ms. Bang's lovely performance!" his voice suddenly echoed across the entire place.
So that's why his voice was familiar, I thought, shaking my head. He was Dongwoo, the MC of Korea's Best Singer, the singing competition I joined.
"Next up is Ms. Lee Ye Jin, or Ailee! Please give her a hand!" 
I swallowed and accepted the mic a staff gave to me. We made sure it was working before I walked to the stage with confidence, just how Chaerin taught me. I kept on a smile as the lights focused on me.
"Good evening everyone! I'm Ailee, and I'll be singing "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I love singing," I spoke into the mic with a cheerful tone. It amazes me how I could be like this on stage when I'm a complete wallflower in real life. 
Everyone clapped and cheered before the music started. I began to 
sing, my eyes closing as I poured out my heart and soul into the song. I love singing, this is what I do and love best. I became unaware of the pressure, of dozens of people watching me, of judges criticizing me, basically everything. I couldn't even hear how Dara screamed for me while Jiyong tried to hush her.

I focused on the song and the message...For someone out there....Who I couldn't hate...

I finished and the crowd cheered and clapped. Some even gave me a standing ovation! My eyes widened in shock. To have this kind of reaction for my first performance? It was unbelievable, to say the least.
"You were awesome!" the MC ran to me and giggled, clapping gleefully. I blushed, "Thank you"
"OMONAAAA YOU WERE THE BEST OUT THERE MY AILEEEE~~~" Dara screamed, tackling me in a hug while trying to kiss my face playfully. "AISH! Unnie stop it!"
"You're going to win!" Chaerin added excitedly, adding to the pile. 
I laughed as the MC helped me stand up. 

"Well aren't you a favorite?"

I froze.
Taeyeon.
And right behind her was Seunghyun.

 

 

A/N: I finally updated! Hope you like it, I didn't edit it that much tbh. Next chapter will be either the last or second last. Thank you for being with me and waiting for me, but most of all for having so many subscribers omg are you guys serious? ; u ; Your comments inspire me so much!

 

UPDATE:  I added and edited a lot and changed her outfit. I don't think it really suits  the occassion so I chose a more formal and elegant outfit ouo I also chose to reveal who the MC is: none other than our INFINITE's Dongwoo! Will he have a bigger role soon? He's being shipped with our Ye Jin lately in real life kekekeke~ ;)


UPDATE #2: I was wondering how in the world was I going to fit in the school competition Dara was talking about in the first chapters. I finally just squeezed it in the start of this chapter when I was editing everything as uaual. Ailee won it, as said. I'm sorry I didn't elaborate much but I felt that this story was dragging on idk :c Thanks anyway guys <3 You're all the best