Chapter Four

I Will Show You

Ye Jin's POV

"Ye Jin-yah, come with us today, ne? We're going to watch a movie and then get something to eat afterwards. It'll be fun--And I know you don't have that much homework for the weekend," Dara insisted.  "I'm okay, eonni. I'd rather stay home," I told her flatly. 

Dara stared at me and knew nothing would change my mind. "Okay," she sighed. "I made some egg rolls and bibimbap for you, though" she smiled, giving me the white lunchbox. I nodded; "Thank you" The older girl reluctantly stood up. "I guess you want to be alone now," she declared, pouting a little. I nodded slightly.

"Call me, okay? I'll be with Chae." Ever since I witnessed the damned scene, I knew everything was a setup. It was so damn obvious, but I fell in love anyway.
Love.

I sighed, gripping the lunchbox so tightly my knuckles were becoming white. I wondered what was the reason behind all this. "Choi Seunghyun...You bastard," I whispered. With a sniff I opened the lunchbox to find what Dara had cooked for me. I decided to eat them, trying to distract myself.

I tasted the egg rolls first. Dara Unnie was a great cook, and I knew she did her best to cook this. It was delicious. "Ye Jin-ah?" it was my mom. She gave me a small, sad smile. I had already told her what happened. "Hey," I replied halfheartedly, finishing the food.

"I want you to join your friends," she started out gently but ended up sounding firm. "But I'd rather stay here," I protested, irritated. I knew that my mother wanted to help me, but I didn't want help.

"Lee Ye Jin, you will join Chaerin and the others," the way my mother said those words--I knew that it was final. Frustrated, I scowled and ran a hand through my long hair.

Then it hit me.

Don't let love take over you. Love isn't always everything.

My mother was trying to get that through me. I felt guilty as she closed the door. I bit my lip hard, before talking out my cellphone. "Dara unnie?"
"Ye Jin-ah?"
"I-I changed my mind. I want to come with you." There was a quick pause. "We're not forcing you to go with us" 

"No. I want to go" 

"All right. Be here in twenty minutes," I could hear the doubt in her voice. "Ne," I hung up and showered, slipping into simple clothes. "Asa!! We're going out again like when we did in high school!!" Dara exclaimed happily. I smiled a bit. Chaerin was staring at something on her phone blankly. I peeked at it and saw a picture of her with Jiyong and Seungri. I remembered the day it was taken, it was Seungri's birthday nd Jiyong forced them to take a picture together. It was most likely the only picture they had.
Why was it her wallpaper?

Chaerin's sharp eyes caught me and quickly pocketed her phone. "So, which movie--"

"Hey look!" Daesung was pointing at the girls. "Why thank you for spotting them Mr. Obvious," Jiyong told him sarcastically. Daesung tch'ed in an annoyed manner. Seungri nervously avoided eye-contact with my blonde-haired friend while Dara hid behind me. Jiyong sighed, "Dara, come here"

"W-why should I?!" she shook her head. "What?!" he looked at her in disbelief. "Didn't I just--"

"If you're going to say what I think you are then forget about it playboy!" Jiyong gritted his teeth in frustration. "If you'd just let me talk then we'd actually get somewhere!" he growled. Both of them kept arguing.

"Let's watch this," I told Chaerin smoothly, pointing at Monsters University to save her from the awkwardness a.k.a. Seungri.  Chaerin shyly smiled at me and nodded. We had just made up. "You know, I think we should eat first. Everyone seems to be in their own world," Chaerin told me thoughtfully, carefully obseving everyone.

I shrugged. "Sure." We ended up eating and watching the movie together with the boys, though Seunghyun was gone. Taeyang shrugged when I asked him; "Must be at a meeting of his father's company. You know he's the only heir"

I nodded and continued watching the movie. And I wondered where Seunghyun was.

T.O.P.'s POV

"Seunghyun Oppa!! I'm bo~ored" Taeyeon whined cutely. "Then go do something. Stop bothering me," I snapped. "Let's go out" 

Go out. I used to always be the one to initiate our dates. But why was I thinking about her? "Fine," I replied in a wary voice, massaging my temples lightly. "Yay!!" Taeyeon squealed, making me scowl. I hated girls like these.

Why had I cheated on Ye Jin with this girl again? "Oppa, wear something really nice, arasseo?"

"Whatever," I hung up. "Get me an outfit," I told one of the maids, too lazy to even stand up. The day was hot, and it made me cranky. "N-nae, Young Master," she left. I impatiently waited for her. "Here, Young Master," she showed me the outfit she chose. 
My brows furrowed. "Wha--? These...aren't my clothes," I stammered. But the size was mine. My father was stocky, but I was lean.

"Oh? I-I'm sorry, Young Master, but I distinctly remember that your nice girlfriend had given them to me, as well as the perfume." I wrinkled my nose, "Perfume?" 

"Y-yes....Remember?"

"No," I told her in a flat tone that told her to tell me. "W-well, it seemed that Ye Jin was in a hurry, so she had given me the box that contained your outfits and the perfume. I tried giving them to you but you were in a bad mood so you yelled at me to throw it out..."

"You didn't throw it away?" She shook her head, scared, "You told me to take it back, Young Master, so I did"
I paused. Ye Jin had given me...gifts? I examined the top. It was from one of my favorite brands. "Bring the perfume. Ppali!!"

As soon as I smelled the perfume, I knew that it was perfect. "Who knew you'd know me this well, Lee Ye Jin..." I smirked. Although this was for a useless date, I would rather try it. "Such good taste--a shame you don't choose clothes as fashioinable as these," I muttered as I reluctantly stood up to go to my room.

 

"Oppa!! You look very handsome," Taeyeon told me in an appreciative voice. I smirked. "Get in," I commanded as I entered my car. "Where are we going?" I asked her.

"To a mall!! I heard that Monsters University was now showing," Taeyeon told me in a cheerful tone. I scowled; "You made me dress up for a movie?"

"No, we're going to eat first!!"

And with that, we drove away. 

Ye Jin's POV

"Wasn't it a great movie, Ye Jin-ah?" Dara asked, looking contented.

"Mhmm," I replied, exiting the theater as soon as the swarm of people decreased. I lagged behind a little, wanting to be alone. The heartache was reappearing, and I didn't want to let my friends see my mood had changed.

*Thud*

"Watch where you're going, will you?" a deep voice told her, vexed. I scowled and sat up since the guy didn't bother to help me up. 

Then I froze. That voice. "L-Lee Ye Jin?" 

"S-Seunghyun..." I mumbled. Then a scent filled my nose.
The perfume that I gave him.

That finally made me look up. And I saw Taeyeon glued to him. He was wearing the jacket I gave him; no, the outfit I gave him. Tears began to sting my eyes.

He wore them?? On a date with her"Y-Ye Jin-yah!!" Dara immediately paused when she realized that I was crying. "Omo, Ye Jin-ah," she engulfed me into a hug. "Get out of here before I do something," I heard Chaerin snap.

Then I let the tears fall. I refused to make a sound. His deep chuckle filled my eyes, making it harder not to sniff or sob. "And you think I'd let you?"

"Bastard," Chaerin hissed, ready to kick him. "He's not worth it, Chae," Seungri suddenly spoke, holding her arm gently. "Get off me," she smacked his hand. He shook his head and lead her away as she struggled and shouted at him to let go. 

 

"Ye Jin-yah..." Dara murmured, rubbing my back comfortingly. "It's going to be okay"
"It hurts, Unnie. My chest hurts," I sobbed. Dara stared at me with worried, sad eyes. "We're here for you. You're not alone" 

For some reason, that comforted me. "You know, it might not be my place to say this, but he's not worth anything that you're doing," she told me as I calmed down. "I-I don't understand," I whispered, accepting the Kleenex box and wiping away my tears carefully. "You hurting because of him is...He just doesn't deserve you, Ye Jin-ah!! He courted you for a reason, not just because he liked you. Now he's actually cheating on you, and waiting for the right time to break up, too!! People can be so cruel," she knew she'd cross a line, but she couldn't help it.

She wanted me to realize how worthless Seunghyun was; that he didn't deserve any of this.

But I loved him. He became important to me...Because of how he treated me. Like I was human; and to be loved like that, as far as I could define it. Of course, I had my friends, but that kind of love was completely different.

"Maybe, unnie, I'd realize that too...But I need time," I murmured, resting my head on her shoulder. "Arasseo. But knowing you, Ye Jin, I know you're going to come to your senses, even if it would take awhile. Fighting~" she whispered.

I nodded, showing her a small smile. She beamed, happy that I had showed a sincere smile--which she hadn't seen since Friday. "Do you want some ice cream?"

"I'd love to," I replied immediately. She chuckled. "All right. Let's go then!!"

A/N:

I'm really, really sorry for not updating ;; I had a huge case of writer's block -_-" and I was so busy that I just didn't feel like writing :/ I updated though :) Not my best; mian TT^TT
Well, I guess that's all XD Fighting!! Does anyone want some DaraGon and RiRin?