Not Jealous

To Be With Minho

Minho's point of view (Speaking in English)

Wow, she dances better than I thought. It looks like she's having a lot of fun with Hongki, not that I'm jealous of course... She looks so beautiful tonight. I knew I picked the right dress. I had to beg Key for advice over it, but it all paid off. She is so perfect! And tonight, she told me she's not leaving! She wants to stay with me, just like I want to stay with her. I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her. She's the only girl for me. I've never met anyone as special as her. I can't believe she is willing to give up everything she has in England for me: Her family, her friends, her education. I need to do something for her. Maybe we should go to England together. She can't just stay here when she's supposed to be home. She needs to tell her parents and her friends. Otherwise, I might get done for kidnapping or something...

"Oppa! Did you see me? I actually danced!" Wow, she looks so proud of herself. I've seen her when Taemin's been trying to teach her the Lucifer, but it's not the best dancing I've ever seen... and she knows it. But it doesn't make her any less perfect. It makes her human.

"Yeah, you were really good. Promise to dance with me later, arasso?" I'm really looking forward to it!

"What does arasso mean?" Argh! I let slip the wrong word. But it's worth it to see that gorgeous confused look on her face!

"It means alright, or ok. Sorry, it was a slip of the tongue. I didn't mean to confuse you."

"No, it's ok. Seeing as I'm staying in Korea with you, I need to start learning, don't I?"

I suppose that's the perfect time to talk about visiting England with her. "Alex-ah, I'm so happy that you want to stay in Korea with me, but don't you need to tell your parents and your school first? I want to go to England with you and meet your parents." Her facial expression is completely unreadable. Have I said something wrong?

"For starters, it's very unlikely you'll be able to meet my dad. He works abroad all the time. And I don't really want to introduce you to my mum either. But if you're sure about this, we'll go. I just want you to know that I worked my whole life to be the complete opposite of my mother. And if she says anything bad about you or to you, don't take it personally. She says it to everyone. But I need to tell my school." She looks ashamed to speak about her parents. Are they really that bad? She really needs me to comfort her right now. I pull her as close to me as I can. "But if we do go, I have a few rules...Key, Jonghyun, Onew and Taemin have to come too. Plus, seeing as we're in my country, there will be no honourifics. No hyungs, oppa, noonas or unnies. And I get to treat Onew to lunch at a restaurant called Nandos."

"I'm guessing it's got something to do with chicken then." Her light giggles serves as confirmation. At least Onew will be happy enough. "Ok, I can agree with those rules. Now, can we enjoy the rest of the evening? It can't end too late seeing as most of the people here have got school in the morning. It looks like Kevin, Dongho and Soohyun are coming over. Maybe they want to dance with you too."

I swear I should feel jealous of them. I can tell by the way they look at her that they fancy her. Hongki, Jonghun and Seunghyun are the same. Even Taemin's been staring at her all evening like she's banana milk or something... But for some reason, I don't feel jealous or threatened by them. I know that she loves me and I don't think she would ever cheat on me for any of them. We have this amazing connection, and I think Key's right. Although he's a little extravagant about it, we really are the perfect couple. I used to be jealous of Taemin because he's got his undeniable aegyo charm. But I know that Alex doesn't think of him that way. She really does act motherly around him. I think she's replacing Key as Taemin's umma. He has been Key, hyung just lately, so maybe Taemin sees it too...

"Oppa, can I dance with Dongho-ah, Kevin-oppa and Soohyun-oppa?" Aww, she looks so hopeful. How can anyone say no to that?

"Of course, I'll wait here." I place a light kiss on her forehead, making her smile widely.