Secret Love II

The Unknown: A Collection

 

Everything was a mess.

Everything was a chaos.

Everything was falling apart.

And so was Kim Jongin.

 

~**~**~**~**~**~

 

The loud music was turned off and Jongin slumped to the floor, obviously tired of his previous efforts. He was covered in sweat and searched for his small towel.

“Here.”

A cold can of soda and his small towel appeared in his line of sight. He cocked her head to the side and saw Soojung smiling, holding a similar can in her other hand. He smiled and took the towel and the can from her. He wiped the sweat from his face and opened the can before Soojung could open hers. Soojung sat next to him and took a sip from her drink.

“So, how are things?”

“Hectic. You know, nothing out of the ordinary.”

“I see.”

 

Nothing was heard from the two of them as they quietly sipped their sodas, staring into the wall as if it bores any resemblance to a television. But it wasn’t uncomfortable for the both of them. Silence was one of their best medium of communication for a long time. A lot was told in their short period of being mute.

Soojung knew everything was troubling him. The moment their boss announced that Jongin would be on a fake relationship with Sulli, everything went downhill for him. She knew how much he hated being fake and how he was out of choices if he wants to succeed in the entertainment business.

When Taemin revealed the truth to the public, she knew he felt somehow freed though nothing was on his side. First came the public’s accusation of him trying to feed off Sulli’s popularity. Then things got worse when some of her fans actually sent death threats and bloated carcasses to EXO’s dorm. Throughout all of it, Jongin never complained about anything. He kept on smiling and went on as if nothing was bothering him.

But Soojung knew better.

She knew he was falling apart inside. No one knows Jongin better in the company than she does. She knew when Jongin felt truly happy, when he was feeling down, even though he never shows it. Soojung knew.

 

Jongin glanced at Soojung a couple of times. He sighed and he was sure Soojung heard it but it didn’t matter. She knew anyway so there was no reason to hide it. Sometimes, he wished she was the one chosen to be in this popularity scheme with him. No one knows him better than Soojung does. Their fake relationship would have been simple and easy. And who knows, maybe their fake relationship might actually turn out to be real one day.

But of course, everything was too late.

If he was even to lay one eye on one of the f(x) girls, the crowds will start talking and that would damage his reputation even more. He took another glance at Soojung who seemed to be too deep in her thoughts and he concluded it must have been about his problem. People may not see it but sometimes Soojung cares too much. An idea suddenly popped into his head and a small smile was formed on his lips.

 

Slowly, he made his way to the stereo and played a slow song. The sudden noise startled Soojung as she turned to look at Jongin who was leaning against the stereo with a smirk on his face. He approached Soojung and offered his hand. Soojung smiled and took it.

Jongin led her to the center of the dance floor. He put his hands gently on her waist. She chuckled but took it as her cue and put her hands around his neck. They closed the little gap between them and both of them laughed.

Jongin swayed slowly and Soojung followed his rhythm, their eyes never leaving each other. At that moment, Jongin wished time would freeze so that they can stay like this for eternity. Jongin stopped and she did too. Slowly his face came closer to Soojung’s and their lips came in contact. She was surprised at first but she responded. His hand went from her waist to the back of her head. The kiss soon deepened.

Soojung suddenly felt something salty on her lips and realized it came from him. She broke away and saw Jongin was no longer holding back and letting it all out. She pulled him into her embrace and said nothing as he wept against her shoulders. She his head lovingly as he continues to cry.

In a way, she was glad that he cried. All the pent-up frustrations were not doing him any good. And she was more than relieved to see him let it all out.

Kim Jongin, what will you do without me?

 

A few minutes later, his cries slowed down to sobs and then he laughed. Soojung was baffled.

“Why are you laughing?”

“It’s nothing. I just remembered that you went into this show called Kiss and Cry and that was what we just did. Well, what I did anyway.”

He stared at Soojung who still has confusion smeared all over her face. He smiled.

“Hey Soojungie…” he said as he took her hand. “Hmm?”

“Thank you,” he plants a kiss on her hand. A blush quickly crept upon her cheeks.

“It’s nothing. I’m glad you’re ok.”

“Come here,” he spread his arms and motioned her to come inside. Soojung happily complied. “I’m nothing without you, Jung Soojung.”

“Same here, Kim Jongin.”

 

~**~**~**~**~**~

 

They knew more would come in their way.

Still, it wouldn’t hurt to take the chance.

It wouldn’t hurt to start over again.

Because maybe, this time, they might find their happiness in each other.

 


 

 

So the reason behind the title is because it's a sequel to another oneshot. Here's the link if you want to understand what's going on before the disaster. It's alright as a stand-alone but you'll welcome to read ^^

Warning: The first one was written for taelli.