food enthusiast

The Unknown: A Collection

g, 907w, fluff

 


 

 

 

Jung Soojung has always been a food enthusiast. Always.

 

Her love for food has always been tremendous, surpassing her love for all things material and her friends and family. It didn’t take much to make her happy, just shove a piece of cheesecake with strawberry on top in front of her and she’ll stop crying or bothering you and leave you to be with her treat.

But she fears that all that is about to change when Kim Jongin steps into her life.

 

The first time he tried talking to her; she brushed him off and focused her attention on the food stall behind him.

The second time he tried; she was too busy with the ice cream in hand to actually listen to what he said.

The third time, however, he finally did it right.

 

“Hey Soojung!” Jongin called her, trying to catch up with her as they were walking home from school.

“What?” She replied with a glare, honestly tired with his presence. Plus the fact that she hasn’t eaten anything for a good 40 minutes, she felt like kicking him in the groin and run to the nearest food stall she can find.

He smiled at her and she felt butterflies in her stomach, unsure if it’s because of his smile or because she was just hungry. He then took out a wrapped sandwich with the logo ‘subway’ on it and the butterflies intensified.

Waving the treat in front of her, he said “Would you like to go out with me this Saturday, Jung Soojung?”

“That depends. Are you going to give me the sandwich?”

“That depends. Are you going to say yes?”

 “I asked you first!”

“Nuh-uh, I did.”

“Fine!” she said begrudgingly and stomped away.

He watched her walk a few steps ahead before taking in the meaning of her words and caught up to her.

“Does that mean you’ll go out with me?”

“Just give me that sandwich, stupid.”

He gave it to her with a wide smile on his face though she was more focused on the sandwich in his hand than him. She unwrapped it and sighed dramatically as she shoved the food into , relieved to put the butterflies to rest.

But it did not put those tiny creatures to sleep because when she looked up to thank him for the sandwich that saved her life, he gave her a peck on the cheek before running away from her with a stupid grin on his face.

She lifts her hand to her cheek as she watched him getting farther and farther, the sandwich in her hands forgotten for the first time in her life.

 

 

The date went surprisingly well and so did all the dates after that.

Her attention shifted from the food in front of her to the boy constantly smiling like an idiot with a gem in his hands (she thought it was kind of cute actually).

Pretty soon, all the thoughts in her head has been replaced from ‘what should I eat after this’ to ‘is jongin eating well?’. It worries her more when she’d prefer his lips over ice cream and chocolate (his lips taste like those anyways).  She decided to end this once and for all.

 

“Jongin…” she started before Jongin could doze off during their breaks on the school’s rooftop.

“Hmm?”

“I think we should break up.”

Jongin faced her with extreme sadness on his face and something inside her breaks.

“But why?” he asked like a lost little boy.

“I can’t tell you."

“You’re breaking my heart Soojung, the least you can do is tell me the reason why.”

“I just can’t tell you, ok!”

“Why not?!”

“Because!”

“Because why?”

“Because it’s stupid!”

“I don’t care if it’s stupid. Just tell me why you’re breaking up with me!”

He stared at her intently and she could only blush as she looks away.

“I like you more than I like food and I think that’s stupid because I can’t have everything,” she felt tightened as tears were threatening to fall.

“What?”

“Because I don’t want there to be a time where I have to choose between food and you and-“ Her words were cut off when Jongin laughed. He was laughing when she was crying and she felt the need to slap him in the face and kick him in the shin and run back to class and eat the chocolate bar inside her bag that’s probably melting right now.

But then he looked at her with softness in his eyes as he cupped her face and bring their foreheads together and the chocolate bar in her bag was forgotten. He sighed.

“Oh Jung…”

He took out a box of pocky stick from his pocket and it amazes Soojung how he never fails to bring food everywhere with him when he was with her. Jongin took one stick and put one end between her lips and she could only watch as he took the other end with his lips. Her heart beat quickens as he comes close and closer and closer…

Until their lips touched and he enveloped her into a kiss so mind-blowing she forgot all of her petty woes and how the bell had just rang and they’re going to be late for class.

 

She realized what he was trying to prove and he was right.

Jung Soojung can have everything.

And everything is in Kim Jongin.

 

 


 

 

omg idk how it came to this. i was just hungry lmao :p

btw, i created a new blog for drabbles of kaistal and such so please drop in a prompt or a scenario in the ask box and i'll write it asap :)