Chapter 3

Where Are We Now?

 

 
 
 
 
 
The door closed behind Min Suh Young, leaving Hyun Joong still on the floor. He dusted himself off and moved to his desk, opening one of the drawers. Inside it were several books, papers, and pictures. But the picture on top was what caught his eye. It had been taken several years ago, not far from that very hospital. It was mid September, and the leaves on the trees had seemed to come out wearing their most vivid colors just for the people in the picture. 
 

 

There they were. Still enjoying life to the fullest as university students. Seeing in everything new potential and possibilities. The two close friends were leaning in towards a smiling Suh Young in the middle. Hyun Joong remembered taking that picture and how afterwards Hyun Su had tried to plant a kiss on Suh Young...

 

The two friends laughed at her expression. 
"Yah! Oppa! How dare you!" She was trying to sound indignant but failed miserably. 
He opened his arms to her. "Yah, come on. Give Oppa a kiss."
She broke into a run. 
"Hold her for me, Hyun Joong! Hold her!" 
She buried her face in his chest as he came nearer. There was no use trying to hide it. Hyun Joong felt her smiling like crazy.