Chapter 12

Where Are We Now?

 

 

 

Hyun Joong sighed as he sat at his desk, twirling his pen between his fingers in boredom. Well, not total boredom. He was a thinker by nature, always problem-solving. This particular problem, though, was more challenging than the rest. The problem of the past two months had been what to do about Suh Young. She wasn't friendly with him the way she had been before. And no matter how they labeled it, saying they were friends now didn't change the fact that she was still guarded around him, that he could still sense a wall between them. Of course there were times that he managed to climb over. Times when he'd make her laugh or be able to have a small conversation with her. But those moments never lasted long. And rather than clmbing all the way over the wall, it felt like he was hanging onto the edge, slowly slipping back down to the ground, all of the earlier progress gone. 

 

The only positive way he could look at this was that he was getting better at climbing. He was able to hold on for longer, to climb and find those footholds faster. So while he was still drawing a blank as to what to do about Suh Young, he once again decided that for now he'd just keep trying to climb that wall. Eventually, he'd solve the mystery that was Min Suh Young. As always, whenever he finished another period of pondering Suh Young's and his relationship, he pulled out his phone and scrolled to her name. His finger hovered over the message icon as he thought about what he might send to her. 

 

He used to text whenever he wanted to, but after only a few weeks of being back in contact with her, he'd learned to time his messages and wait for whenever her mood was right. If he got it down, he'd receive a positive response from her, and they'd probably end up doing something together. But if she wasn't ready, he'd usually get shut down. Just like that other doctor, Jin Sang, he thought ruefully. He was glad he had the advantage, though. The five years of knowing Suh Young before were what were helping him to know her again now. He didn't think he'd stand a chance otherwise. She was too...distant now. He huffed in frustration and dumped his phone in his pocket. 

 

Forget being cautious for today, he was going to find Suh Young, and they'd spend some quality time together. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ugh. My sincerest apologies for being so slow with the updates. University's been so busy, but the good news is that this is my last year, and I'm only a couple months away from graduation! I hope I can keep updating this. I won't be putting it on hiatus. As always, thank you for reading, for your extreme patience, and I hope you enjoyed~