Chapter 1

Where Are We Now?

 

 

I glanced at him in the middle of making one of his rounds. "Kim Hyun Joong ssi!" 
His face looked pale and tired. "Ne." 

I lowered my voice a little. "Don't you think you should rest for a little bit? You look very tired." He passed his hand over his face and ran his fingers through his hair. He appeared to be considering my suggestion then looked back down at his chart. "Ahni. Gwenchana." 

I opened my mouth to protest, but he just turned and walked away. "Please put some coffee on my desk, nurse Min," he called over his shoulder. I was worried, and so I didn't refuse.

Someone tsked nearby and I jumped, not realizing anyone had been listening to our conversation. It was one of the older nurses on the floor, nearing 76 it was said of her, although she didn't look it. "That boy needs to take care of himself. Brilliant minds still need rest." She turned to look at me, and I could feel myself getting red. "You should try harder next time." 
I nodded then bowed, trying to extricate myself before anyone else heard our conversation. "Ne, ahjumoni. Algesumnida." She just shook her head and tsked some more before heading towards a different room. 

 


algesumnida = i understand (more respectful than arasso)