airplane and hope

Drunk on Writing

"Let your beliefs, 5 centimeters floating in front of your forehead. And after that, you just need feet that will walk further than usual, neck that will look beyond more often, the eyes that will stare longer than usual, a layer of determination that are thousand times harder than usual, and heart that will work harder than usual, as well as the mouth that will always pray."
― Donny Dhirgantoro, 5cm

 

airplane and hope

Kim Myungsoo (L), Bae Suzy

To: "You". Don't stop running.

 


 

"Suzy-ah, why do you like watching airplane so much?"

Her lips formed a tiny smile but her eyes are still fixated to the airplane that flies across the sky. She lets silence enfolding them while waiting for the airplane to vanish from her sight.

"It gives me hope," she answers as soon as the airplane vanishes. 

"Hope?" Myungsoo looks at her, trying to comprehend what she says. Bae Suzy always has her way with words. The way she looks at the world is always different from Myungsoo. While he always looks the world with black and white, Suzy sneaks into his world, painting some colours to brighten the dull world of his. While he thinks that he has no life that is worth to live, Suzy finds her way to sneak into his life again, reminding him that he still has life. He still has her to live.

Bae Suzy. The colour and the hope of Myungsoo's life.

"Uh-huh. Hope," she looks at him, the same look that Myungsoo always likes. "It is always impossible for people to fly. But, airplane gives people hope to fly and watch the blue sky upclose. There is always possibility in the impossibility-"

"And, you just have to work it out to make the impossibility to the possibilty. That's what you always say to me, almost everyday." Myungsoo cuts her, and both of them chuckle. Suzy looks at Myungsoo's eyes. It isn't the same eyes she always looks months ago. The eyes that always full of negativity and no emotion is now turning brighter, reflecting how he changes a lot into the better him. And, Suzy can't seem to look away from those eyes. The eyes that always make her heart beats faster than usual.

"But, do you know, Myungsoo, that sometimes people are too egoistic. They think that they can be the airplane that fly to the sky by themselves. No, they can't compare themselves to the machine because they're just human. We're still human." Suzy continues, "People need airplane to fly. And, we, people, also need our own airplane to fly to our next destination of the uncertain future. And, whatever happens in our next destination, will be very easy to be faced together, rather than facing it alone."

Myungsoo feels the serene feeling appears around him, enfolding him and Suzy with the warm sunshine of Summer.

"Thank you for being my airplane, Suzy."