Chapter 3

Till Next Time

"Seriously! Lock the door next time!" Kim Bum said in frustration.

"I'm sorry." Eun Ji said. 

Kim Bum's face was still red from what he saw earlier. It was well, pure perfection. the perfect curves at the right spot. Aish! He brushed the thoughts away as he felt his body grow hotter and hotter each second passes by.

'Mianhe. I just got used to being alone in our house after my mom died 5 years ago. I never bothered to-" for the nth time, Eun Ji wasn't able to finish because Kim Bum cut her off.

"what? Your mother died? then what about what you said last night? You know about your mom telling you to take care of me?" Kim Bum said confused. 

Eun Ji stood up. She was seated in a red fluffy couch in front of Kim Bum's brown leather sofa. She was silent for a second and suddenly faced the direction where the door was. "Let's grab some food down the lobby. I think you won't be able to eat the food i prepared for you." 

Kim Bum went to the kitchen and saw the food prepared for him. It didn't even look edible. He can't even imagine what it was. was it bacon, egg, or ham. "Yeah. sure. I'll just get my money and jacket. It's cold outside. And let's do some shopping after. I don't think you have clothes with you."

They went to a cafe named Coffee Prince. It was elegant and simple. People wearing pajamas and jackets were the usual customer since it was inside the condominium building. 

It wasn't full by the time they arrived so they were able to find a table for two. As soon as they got comfortable seated there, the waiter approached them for their orders.

"I'll have an iced cinnamon dolce latte" Kim Bum said while the waiter was busy taking notes of his order. "And she'll have..." Kim Bum looked at her way as a sign that he was asking her what she wanted.

"Uhm. I'll have Hazelnut Macchiato please with a bountiful blueberry muffin." Eun Ji said giving the waiter a sweet smile. 

"Thank you ma'am and it will be served in a moment." the waiter hurriedly went back behind the counter with cheeks red as apple.

"Looks like someone fell for you in just a second." Kim Bum said with a grin. He couldn't understand anything about this girl in front of him. She looked so sweet and kind yet he knows theres something troubling her. She acts like she has no problems at all. But every once in a while he would catch a glimpse of sadness in her eyes.

"Why? are you jealous?" Eun Ji said with a playful grin. A grin that can be full of mischief but still made his heart skip a beat.

"In your dreams. Now tell me why you're bothering my peaceful life." Kim Bum said. dismissing the thoughts he had earlier.

Just as Eun JI was about to start her story, their orders arrived.

"ok. Let's start hmm. five months ago. When i died." Eun ji said. Sipping from her Macchiato.

"Ok. now when was this? the time you di-" Kim Bum wasn't able to finish. "died?!"