Chapter 4

Till Next Time

 

"ok. Let's start hmm. five months ago. When i died." Eun ji said. Sipping from her Macchiato.

"Ok. now when was this? the time you di-" Kim Bum wasn't able to finish. "died?!" 

"Uh huh. See this scar here?" Eun Ji showed Kim Bum a scar at her back. she was wearing a sleeveless shirt inside her cardigan so it was easy. The first thing  Kim Bum noticed was how deep it is. it looked horrible. He felt shivers run down his spine as he continued to stare at it Then he started to feel pity"Don't worry. I don't feel the pain from the scar anymore but from the memory." 

Kim Bum saw it again. Sadness in her  eyes.

"Uhm..." Kim Bum felt speechless. He didn't know what to say. He wanted to tell her how sorry he was for the pain she was feeling but no words seemed appropriate for the moment.

"Well. enough of that drama. This scar will slowly disappear as i slowly accomplish my mission. and uhm... " Eun Ji was suddenly lost in her thoughts. "yeah. that's it. i lost my life last year. during a car accident. I wasn't even in the car! I was just walking by the sidewalk when suddenly a car driven by a drunk driver came rushing towards me then boom! i died." Kim Bum just looked at her. How can she laugh like that remembering how she lost her life? The gift god gave her in order to go wonder in earth and experience God's wonders? Then he noticed something. Her laugh wasn't real. It was fake. A laughter made to mask her pain within.

"So here's what we are going to do. I'm gonna be staying with you for i don't know how long. Ok?" Eun Ji said and laid down her drink onthe table.

"Woah woah woah. You're telling me that you're some kind of a ghost-"

"Angel. I prefer to be called angel since i came back from a paradise so i must be an angel." She smiled

"No way. You? an angel? Let's go my way. So you're some kind of an angel and you want to stay by me to keep me from doing bad things. I'm not even a criminal. What bad things?"

"Well. Looks like you've summed it up. By bad things I mean drinking till you're half dead. Smoking almost everyhour. That's bad you know. And you should stop breaking the hearts of innocent girls. And be kind. Remember. Kind. You know. When people help other people."

"No way. I don't really like interactions with people. It gives me the creeps."

"Come on. You helped me didn't you? You helped me last night even if you didn't know who I was." Eun Ji exclaimed wih a smug look on her face.

"I was drunk and sleepy, ok?"

"That doesn't change the fact that I am here i front of you because you helped me. Yipie. now enough with this chitchat and let's go shopping. I haven't been to the mall lately."

Eunji stood up and headed the exit with Kim Bum following her.