Chapter 5

Cookies

 

[Donghae's P.O.V]
 
_______ has been hanging out alot with Yesung nowadays since that day. He's the one that fetches her now. He's the one that buys her cookies. Takes her to places. Shares music. Practically everything that I used to do with her, for her.  I just smile and well, be the pillar of support for _______. 
 
It's nice seeing her happy and all but to think that now the reason she smiles is not because of me, but because of someone else. It just hurts me knowing that. We've separated and at the most, we send instant messages to each other. 
I want the old memories back. I want her back....
 
"DONGHAE-AH! Come downstairs." 
My mum interrupted my thoughts. I got up from my bed and went down to the kitchen. 
 
"Donghae-ah, you have been very quiet nowadays...is everything alright? Is it _______? I heard she's got a boyfriend, her first one in fact...." 
 
"I'm fine, umma. I'm happy for her." I forced a smile for my mother.  She still looked at me with those worried looking eyes as she stirred the soup possibly for dinner. 
 
"Jinjja?"
 
"Ne, umma." 
 
"Arasso. Go get ready for dinner." 
I forced another smile and went up again. I checked my phone and saw...
 
<1 new message>
From: Mi Young 
Anneyong Donghae.  I miss you. I regretted what I've done in the past. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Day and night, I think of you. Please can we start over? 
 
It was my ex. 
 
[Your P.O.V]
 
I shoved the last book into my locker. Thank god school's over. I slammed the locker door and looked up. Shocked.
 
I saw Donghae with....Mi Young. They were standing near Hae's locker. She was caressing his right cheek with her hand. That has the nerve. But Hae looks happy... 
 
Mi Young was Donghae's ex. They were in a nice one year relationship until that dumped him on the most romantic day of the year. Yes, 14 February. She claimed that she had lost her feelings for him, which is utter crap. 
 
Hae was so nice to her throughout the relationship. Gave her everything and was always the first one to apologise when they got into a fight. He loved her. 
 
That thought disgusted me. That is back. And wait, why didn't Donghae tell me? 
 
I walked up to them. More like stomped.
 
"Lee Donghae." I said in a very firm voice. Hae moved Mi Young's hand away from his cheek. I grabbed Donghae's arm and pulled him aside, away from that . I could sense her glaring at me. Whatever.
 
"What?" 
 
"WHY THE HELL IS SHE HERE?" I said in a whisper. A loud one. And pointed to Mi Young. She looked like she was about to burst any moment with her fists clenched and her face scrunched but she didn't say a word.
 
"Why do you care?" 
 
"What do you mean why do I care? I'm you bestfriend you idiot! Why didn't you tell me?" 
 
"Well, mianhe. I forgot." 
 
I stared at him with disbelief. I walked into him so that my body would hit his side. I stormed off. That's my 'bestfriend' huh.  I can't believe he would do such a thing to me.
 

Sorry for not updating for so long hehe :3