The Bet

Scar of a Painful Memory

 _______ POV:

 

After I went to the comfort room, I was about to go to my classroom but stopped and hid myself when I heard a very interesting topic from two girls.

 

“Taengoo, who were the handsome guys that you were referring to? I’m not saying that our boy classmates are ugly but… there was no one who I thought was handsome enough to make other girls from other sections and year levels to go to our room just to be near them.” Girl number one said. Taengoo? That name sounds kind of familiar... Where did I hear that name?

 

“Seriously?! Not even one of them had caught your eye?! I, at least, had a crush on one of them before!” Girl number two said. That voice… I’m sure. There’s no doubt about it. That’s her voice. Who’s she talking to? She has a crush on one of us? Actually, I’m not surprised about that. Who wouldn’t?

 

“No. Not a single one. Who are you even talking about?” Girl number one said. Ok. So there really is an exception to everything. Well, for now. Oh! Now, I remember who’s the owner of that voice… it’s the transferee. What was her name again? Sun… Sunye? No, that’s not it. Sun… SunBun? It’s still not it. Ahm… Sun… Sunny! Yeah! That’s her name.

 

“…Daehyun, L.Joe, Myungsoo and Luhan…” Taeyeon replied, still in a disbelief tone. “Is it because you think no one is as handsome as him?” Taeyeon teasingly said. Oh. So that’s why. It’s because she already likes someone. Such a pity... WAIT. What?

 

“Actually… that was what I wanted to talk to you about…. But I don’t want to tell it here in public, let’s go to my house after school…” Sunny said in a sad tone. Hmm… something must have happened… I hope she’s fine. WAIT. What am I even thinking about?

                                                                                                                                          

“Ok…” Taeyeon replied.

                                                                                                                                           

After Sunny and Taeyeon’s conversation, I took a glimpse from my hiding spot if they had already left. Hold on a sec. Why am I even hiding? I got out of my hiding spot and went to the classroom.

 

After dismissal, instead of going home or going somewhere to hang out, me and my friends went straight to the faculty to receive our punishment from Ms. Hwang for being TWO freaking minutes late on class.

 

After an hour of receiving our punishment, Ms. Hwang finally dismissed us, so we went back to our classroom to get our things.

 

"Ugh! Ms. Hwang is a hot yet SCARY teacher." L.joe said and then sat at his chair while putting his foot at his table. Me and Daehyun nodded in agreement.

 

“Guys, there’s something bothering me since this morning…” L.Joe said and then sat properly on his chair. All of us looked at L.Joe with a What-Is-It-Look. “Did anyone notice anything strange about the transferee?” L.Joe continued.

 

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked.

 

“We can easily get any girl with just a snap of our fingers-” L.Joe was cut off by Daehyun, who was munching on his cheesecake, when he said “Except for our moms and Ms. Hwang."

 

“Except for them. Tsk. Are you even using your brain? Anyways, as what I was saying… but why didn’t that transferee went head over heels when she saw us, not to mention she touched me. Instead, she had the guts to insult me!” L.Joe said. I think I should tell them what I heard earlier.

 

“Now that you mentioned it. Yeah, it’s kind of strange but who cares she’s only one girl.” Luhan said.

 

“Who cares? Me.” L.Joe said.

 

“Don’t tell me you like her?” Daehyun, who was munching on his cheesecake, teasingly said.

 

“I don’t. Why do you still even have a freaking cheesecake? You ate all of the cheesecake that you brought a while ago.” L.Joe said and then went to Daehyun to steal the cheesecake.

 

“Yah! That’s mine!” Daehyun whined.

 

“Sorry but this is mine now.” L.Joe said and then ate the cheesecake in just one bite.

 

“Guys, want to make a bet?” I asked.

 

“What kind?” L.Joe asked.

 

“A love bet.” I replied.

 

“Go on, we’re listening.” Luhan said while walking near my seat.

 

“Let’s see who can make Sunny head over heels to him. The loser will have to clean the dirtiest room among us for a month while the winner will be like a king who can order all of us to do whatever he likes. The servants have no right to whine. And I’ll also give a five hundred dollar prize to the winner.” I said.

 

“When you meant dirtiest room, you meant your room. Tss. You’re so lazy. You just made the bet just so someone could clean your room. Anyways, count me in. I won’t be easily defeated, losers.” L.Joe said which made me smirk. Well, someone has to clean my room.

 

“Count me in.” Luhan and Daehyun said in unison.

 

After making the bet, the four of us now decided to go home. When I took a step outside the room, I bumped into someone. She quickly apologized and then hurriedly continued walking. She’s somewhat familiar. I couldn’t recognize who she was, because her long hair was covering her face. Her figure is similar to someone that I know but… her voice is different.

 

- - - - -

Chapter Three has been revised!

I hope this is better than the original chapter that I updated before...

By the way, if you're asking about Lee Minhyuk and Gikwang...

I have a better role for them/him.

 

To all my subscribers and silent readers, 

thank you for reading my fanfic ^^