Chapter 23

My Love, My Fate

                After Taemin and Key had finished shopping, they brought all their shopping bags and went to the cafe in the mall.

                “Baby, umma is going to ask you something and I want you to answer me seriously, okay?” Taemin slowly nodded, he started to feel nervous.

                “Baby, do you really not remember anything from before? Not even a little bit?” Key was staring at Taemin, watching his reactions and facial expressions.

                “Nothing Key hyung, I tried my best but nothing is coming back. What if I never remember anything? I don’t want Minho or any of you to leave me. I don’t want to be all alone anymore” Taemin started to tear up but his tears were quickly wiped away by Key’s gentle fingers.

                “We’re never going to leave you alone Taemin, you’re never going to be by yourself anymore. From now on, if you ever feel lonely or sad, just give umma a call and I’ll be by your side as soon as I can, okay?” Taemin gave him a soft nod before rubbing his eyes again.

                “Don’t worry; we’ll always be by your side. Minho loves you; he won’t leave you or do anything to hurt you. By the way, have you two done anything else than kissing?” Key winked at him but Taemin didn’t really understand.

                “I don’t understand what you’re saying Key hyung, what else can we do other than kissing?” Taemin tilted his head to the side; Key tried his best to stop cooing and pinching Taemin’s cheeks.

                “Do you know what is baby? Do you know where Minho’s thing would go?” Taemin’s face lit up as he heard Key say the word ‘’. He shyly nodded and avoided Key’s eye contact.

                “Well, I’m pretty sure Minho would show you what it is when it’s time but if you feel uncomfortable or in pain, tell him to stop. If he loves you, he wouldn’t bear to hurt you. Do you understand?” Key tightly held Taemin’s hands and rubbed them gently as he tried to make Taemin remember that.

                “Baby, do you love Minho?” Key was being totally serious here, even though Taemin had lost his memories, he thinks that his heart would still have the lingering feelings.

                “I like him, but I don’t know if I love him or not. Loving someone is a big deal and a huge commitment, I don’t know if I do or not” Key chuckled at Taemin’s answer, if he thinks loving someone is a huge commitment, wait until he’s married to him. Before Key could say anything more, two people came in and interrupted their conversation.

                “Hey Minnie, what are you and Key talking about?” Minho sat down beside Taemin while Jonghyun went to Key’s side. Minho grabbed Taemin’s hand tightly and gently pressed it towards his lips.

                “Nothing, we were just catching up, weren’t we baby?” Taemin quickly nodded, he was starting to feel embarrassed.

                “Key, weren’t we supposed to go grocery shopping? I thought you wanted to cook me something good tonight along with a delicious dessert” Key’s face turned bright red as he lightly kissed Taemin’s cheek before grabbing Jonghyun and running out of the cafe with him.

                “Do you have anything planned for tonight Minho?” Taemin began to play with his fingers and Minho didn’t know if he could get anymore cuter than this.

                “Actually I do, I want to take you out on a date tonight. It’s a surprise but I hope you’ll like it” Minho then walked Taemin out of the cafe and they drove for about 30 minutes before they reached the beach. There was a small restaurant there so Minho decided to have dinner there before showing Taemin the surprise.

                “What do you want to eat Minnie? I’m paying so no need to worry about the cost” Taemin’s eyes wandered around the menu until he reached an item that made his eyes light up.

                “I want this one” Taemin showed Minho the menu and pointed it out to him. It was a dish of stir fry beef with rice on the side. Without any rice, Taemin never feels full. They ordered the dish that Taemin wanted along with one more side dish before settling down and waited for the food to arrive.

                “Minnie, it’s almost your birthday. Do you know what that means?” Taemin thought about it for a few moments before answering.

                “I’m going to get married to you after my birthday, right when I turn 18 this year”

                “That’s correct Minnie, even if you don’t get your memories back, I would still marry you because I love you and remember that Minnie. I will always love you and only you” Taemin nodded as he looked down at his hands, he was too shy to look directly at Minho. The food came shortly and Minho watched with amusement as Taemin munched on the meat like a hungry puppy. After they finished eating, it was around 8:30 and they decided to walk along the beach.

                “Minho, why are we here? It’s quite far from home, if it gets late, it’ll be hard to get home later” Taemin pouted, he didn’t want Minho to drive late at night; it’s dangerous and also harmful to the body.

                “Don’t worry about it Minnie, now do me a favour and close your eyes, I have a surprise for you” Taemin was nervous but he nodded and covered his eyes with his hands. Minho quickly got to work, he didn’t want Taemin to think too much and scare himself. After a few minutes, Minho was right back at Taemin’s side.

                “You can open your eyes now Minnie” Taemin slowly lowered his hands and his eyes adjusted to the darkness. Laid out on the sand was a big blanket and there were candles on all four sides of the blanket, forming into a big heart.

                “I remember you once told me your ideal date would be to walk along the beach and then to fall asleep while looking at the stars in the sky. This beach is a bit further away so less light pollution, I’m sure we can see the moon and the beautiful stars tonight” Minho gently lead Taemin to the blanket and helped him lie down before lying down beside him.

                “It was what my umma and I use to do, we didn’t have that much money to do anything expensive but I always looked forward to doing this with my umma, before she....passed away” Taemin’s voice trailed off as he turned his head away. Minho scooted closer and lightly lifted Taemin’s head and placed it on his chest. He wrapped his arms around Taemin’s waist and pulled him even closer to his body.

                “Don’t cry Minnie, your umma wouldn’t want to see you like this. I’m sorry for making you feel sad” Minho gently rubbed circles on Taemin’s back and placed small kisses on his head.

                “It’s not you Minho, I just got a bit emotional since I miss her, that’s all” Taemin nuzzled his face into Minho’s chest and Minho could feel his heart exploding.

                “Promise you won’t leave me Minho, I don’t want to be alone ever again. I don’t want to go through that anymore” Minho could feel his shirt getting wet so he slowly sat up and held Taemin’s face in his hands. He kissed the tears away from his cheeks before gently placing a kiss on Taemin’s lips.

                “I promise you, I will be by your side forever” Taemin responded and the kiss became more passionate and more deep as the stars began come out.