Chapter 17

My Love, My Fate

It’s been two hours since Taemin went into surgery. Minho, Key, and Jonghyun were anxiously waiting for the results. They couldn’t believe their eyes when they approached them and all they saw were a lot of blood and most of it was still on Taemin.

                “How come it’s taking so long?! Choi Minho! It’s all your fault!”” Key yelled as he started smacking him, Minho tried to defend himself but it was quite useless.

                “How is it my fault? You didn’t even let me finish before you cut me off! At first I did thought of playing with Taemin’s feelings, but then I actually fell in love with him. Taemin didn’t get to hear the rest of it and now he’s like this! I think it’s both our faults!” Minho sat down on the chair and let out a big sigh. If he had only told Taemin the truth before, then it wouldn’t be like this now. Before Key could say anything, the doctor came out. Key immediately pounced on him and demanded to know how Taemin was.

                “We stabilized his condition so right now all we can do is to wait for him to wake up. He had suffered some damage to his head so we don’t know if there would be any after effects until he wakes up. Mr. Lee is being transported back to his room so you can see him in about 15 minutes” the doctor excused himself and left them alone. They slowly head up to the room and found Taemin lying on the bed, looking as if he was just sleeping except he was wrapped up in bandages.

                “I can’t believe my baby is lying there, he must’ve been in so much pain” Key slowly walked closer to Taemin and gently his cheek. Minho stepped closer and stood by the bed, he could only stare and hope that Taemin would wake up soon so he would be able to explain the misunderstanding.  The nurse came in and took some notes about the medication and his vitals, she was about to leave when Key stopped her.

                “Excuse me, but may I know when is he going to wake up? He’s not in a coma right?” Minho and Jonghyun’s head snapped up, they didn’t think about that part.

                “Of course not, he’s just still unconscious because of the anaesthetics, once it passes, he will slowly start to wake up by himself” they thanked the nurse and continued to look at Taemin.

                “Minho, I just wanted to apologize. If I hadn’t burst out like that, then Taemin probably would’ve heard the entire conversation and he wouldn’t be here right now” Key lowered his head and Minho could tell that he was crying. Jonghyun got behind Key and gently rubbed his arms; he turned Key around and hugged him tightly, allowing him to cry on his shoulder.

                “Even if he did hear the whole conversation, he might not have forgiven me either. Right now, all we can do is to wait until Taemin wakes up. I can’t bear to see him like this anymore” Minho took Taemin’s hand and lightly it. He had promised to protect him but in the end, he was the one that had ended up hurting him. He suddenly felt Taemin’s hand twitch and his eyes widen.

                “Hyung! I think I felt Taemin’s hand moving! I think he’s waking up!” Minho immediately pressed the emergency button and the doctor arrived in a few minutes. The nurses ushered them out while Taemin was being examined. They impatiently waited until the door opened again.

                “Doctor! What’s happening? Is Lee Taemin okay?” the doctor closed the door and cleared his throat.

                “I want you to prepare yourself; there is bad news and good news. Which one would you like to hear first?” they all looked at each other and agreed on listening to the good news first.

                “So the good news is, Mr. Lee got his eye sight back. It appears that the bruised blood in his brain have all disappeared so he had gained his vision back. Now the bad news, he has amnesia. We hope that his amnesia is temporary but that can’t be confirmed for sure. He might regain his memory next month or even next week, but in a worst case scenario, he might never regain his memory” Minho nodded and thanked the doctor before heading into the room. They stepped in and saw Taemin sitting up in bed.

                “Baby, are you okay?! Does it hurt anywhere?” they all saw Taemin flinch when Key tried to touch him and Minho’s heart dropped.

                “Where am I? Who are you guys? I have to get back home or else my step father would get angry at me for not doing chores” Taemin tried to get out of bed but Key stopped him and pushed him back into bed.

                “Don’t worry Taemin, your step father can’t hurt you anymore. My name is Minho and this is Key and Jonghyun. You are my fiancé and Key is your umma. Don’t you remember us?” Minho wanted to scream and punch someone when Taemin shook his head; he had such a confused expression on his face.

                “Sorry, it’s my first time seeing you three. How did I know you?” they were about to explain when the door flung open. It was Taekyung, Taemin’s appa.

                “Taemin! Are you okay?” he walked towards the bed and stood over him. Taemin cowered in fear, he had never seen this man in his life and this aura about him made felt scared.

                “Excuse me ahjussi, it’s me, Minho. Taemin got into an accident that resulted in his eye sight coming back but it also made him lose his memory. He doesn’t remember anything other than his step father. He doesn’t remember me or even you” Taekyung looked at his son.

                “Taemin, I’m your appa. We’ve finally got back together a few days ago, don’t you remember?” Taemin slowly shook his head. Taekyung immediately turned around and faced Minho.

                “What happened? I thought you said that you were going to take care of my son?! What the hell happened?!” Minho flinched at the angry voice. He looked over and saw Key and Jonghyun standing in the corner of the room.

                “We got into a little argument and he had somehow walked into the path of an incoming car. It was my fault for not taking care of him. I’m sorry ahjussi” he wanted to bow but was thrown against the wall as he felt someone grabbing him by the collar and choking him.

                “If you can’t even protect him, how can you expect me to give him to you? Might as well break off the engagement!” Minho felt the fingers tightening around his throat.

                “Let him go! You’re starting to scare my baby!” Key’s voice rang out in the room. They turned around and saw Taemin crying in the arms of Key who was his hair.

                “I-If you are my appa, then I don’t want to see violence. I don’t like seeing violence, it reminds me of how my step father treated me” Minho’s heart dropped, the abuse that he had gotten from that bastard must’ve scarred him deep.

                “I’m sorry Taemin, I didn’t mean to scare you. Are you okay?” he nodded and allowed Key to wipe his tears away.

                “Taemin, when you are released from the hospital, live with appa okay? I will take care of you, unlike some one” Taemin’s eyes flickered between Minho and Taekyung. Even though it was his first time meeting them again, he felt a tug towards Minho. However, he wanted to stay with his appa, he didn’t even know he had another appa out there.

                “Let me think about it, can you please leave me alone? I want to rest” they nodded and left the room. Key gently kissed Taemin’s forehead before leaving the door. For some reason, Taemin was easily getting closer to Key by the minute.

                “I won’t allow Taemin to live with you anymore. I don’t care what your parents or anyone else says. He is my son and it is my responsibility to take care of him” Taekyung glared at Minho, he thought leaving his son in Minho’s arms was a good decision, guess it was wrong.