Chapter 12

My Love, My Fate

 

                “Who are you? You’re not my appa” Taemin tried to struggled but he felt someone grab him and held him down. Taemin knew that it was useless, he was trapped in a car with more than 2 men, and there was no way he would be able to escape.

                “You’ve grown up so much, the last time I saw you were through the ultrasound. Look at you now, you’ve grown up to be a beautiful boy” Taemin heard his voice and wasn’t able to find anything familiar with it, but compared to his step-father, this man’s voice was laced with love.

                “Sorry, but how do you know who I am? If you are my appa, how come you haven’t looked for me ever since umma died? How can you be my appa when my real appa died in a car accident years ago?” Taemin was really confused, who was in fact his real appa?

                “Min ae died? I really regret for trying harder to find you two. Let me tell you the rest when we get back home” the door opened and Taemin felt a hand grabbing his, it was his appa. When he walked into the house, he heard everyone calling him young master and welcome home. Eventually, Taemin was led into a room and he was set down on a chair, he waited for the man to start speaking.

                “I suppose you are 18 years old now, I met your umma 22 years ago. She was out shopping and I was driving home from work. Your umma didn’t see me and walked onto the street, I stopped just in time but she had sprained her foot trying to avoid me. When she looked up at me, I fell in love. I guess you could call it love at first sight. I helped her home and kept on thinking about her, almost every day I would drive down the road and I would see her walking down the street with bags in her arms. One day, I gathered up my courage and asked if she needed a ride home, she thanked me and got into the car. That was how our relationship started, we started from friends all the way to lovers” the man sounded as if he was reliving the memories with Min ae and Taemin could tell that he really loved his umma.

                “But what does that have to do with me? That doesn’t make me your son” the man chuckled at Taemin’s innocent mind.

                “In the public eye, your appa appears to love your umma, but he’s not as good as he seems. They would probably argue behind closed doors but your appa had a really bad temper, he would take out his anger on your umma and would resort to drinking and gambling. Your umma would always come to me for comfort and that’s when she found out she was pregnant with you. I offered your appa a large amount of money to pay off his debts and would  be able to live his life comfortably as long as he would give me your umma and the unborn baby, which was you. He went back on his words and left with the both of you, I tried to find you guys but he appeared to have disappeared without a trace. I haven’t stopped searching for all these years. Even if you guys had died, I would want to locate your bodies. It was only after a few years that I found that bastard’s body.  Lee Daehyun, he hadn’t stopped his bad habits and in the end got killed by the loan sharks; it was faked as a car collision” Taemin was crying now, he never knew that the appa that appears to love him and his umma was such a bad person.

                “Did my appa know for all this time that I wasn’t his? He treated me so well though” Taemin sniffled and wiped his tears away. He felt a hand on top of his head and it felt warm and big.

                “He did, the only reason he took care of you was because he knew that I was the real father and with you in his hands, he would be able to use you to get a large sum from him. As long as I was able to get you back, it didn’t matter to me how much money I had to spend. I thought that since I found you, we could be a family again but I was too late. I wasn’t able to give Min ae the love that she deserved. How did you two live after that bastard die? Did you live well?” the man’s hand was gone from his head but he heard him sit down on the chair beside him.

                “After he died, umma and I were kicked out and we were forced to live on the streets. It wasn’t until two years later that a man saw my umma and took both of us in. He was nice in the beginning but after umma got sick, he showed his true colours. When we would visit her in the hospital, he would be the perfect husband, but when we got home, I would be treated like a slave. My umma died thinking that he was a good husband and appa, she never knew the truth. I had to live with that monster until Minho hyung’s family took me in. They were really nice, they clothed me and fed me, they even said that I was hyung’s fiancé” Taemin blushed and the man could see that he had feelings for this Minho.

                “I did hear from Min ae that you were promised to the Choi family, didn’t expect them to find you. How did they find you? Even I couldn’t find you!” Taemin heard the worry in his voice and a small smile appeared on his face.

                “My step father was planning to sell me to the auction house and Mrs. Choi saved me from being bought by some other people, she was the one that saved me” Taemin jumped when he heard the man slammed his hand on the table. How could someone do that to his son?

                “Taemin, I’m not judging you or ashamed to have you as my son, but were you born blind? I don’t mind but I just wanted to know so we could get the appropriate care for you” Taemin shook his head.

                “I had a little accident at home and I fell down the stairs. The doctor said my eyesight would eventually come back but he just doesn’t have an exact date. I’ve gotten use to this already and Minho hyung would always stay by my side” Taemin blushed again when he remembered how Minho’s hands would feel on his body. Just then the door opened and a very familiar voice came into his ears.

                “Taemin!” he turned to where the voice is.

                “Minho hyung!” Taemin felt himself being pulled into a tight hug, even though it wasn’t that long, he had already missed the feel of Minho’s arms around him.  

                “Sorry about all the commotion before, my men were just trying to prevent you from following, he didn’t mean to attack you” Minho turned his head and saw a man that he knows very well. He was a mafia turned business men and a very successful one too.

                “Taemin, how do you know this man?” Minho pulled Taemin into a tighter hug and felt Taemin grab into his shirt.

                “Don’t be mad hyung, he’s my real appa. He told me about what happened before and I believe him even thought I still can’t see him” the man smiled at Taemin, he was just as adorable as his umma was and he could see the resemblance in his features.

                “Taemin is right Choi Minho, I am indeed his appa. I had an affair with his umma but had lost contact with him until now. I’d understand if he doesn’t accept me but I would like to be a part of his life from now on” Taemin smiled when he heard the words, even though it was very sudden, he was quite happy to know that he’s not an orphan anymore.

                “WHERE THE WERE YOU WHEN TAEMIN WAS BEING ABUSED BY HIS STEP FATHER?!!”