Chapter 4

Take Me Home

After meeting the rest of her unnies and dongsaengs, the family was now eating in silence. It was the first decent meal Sooyoung had in weeks.Sooyoung still had yet to take a bite and watched her sisters dig in and engage in conversation. She smiled and looked up from her plate and softly said,"Ummas, thank you for the meal, I will eat well."

Her sisters grew quiet after hearing their new sister speak up.

Kahi smiled," You are welcome, baby. Now let's eat, kiddos!"

Taeyeon muttered,"Umma, thank you." The rest of them stuttered out various "Thank yous" and proceeded to eat dinner.

"So unnie...."Their maknae, Seohyun asked,"What do like to do?" Everyone turned their heads to Sooyoung. She put down her chopsticks and gave a small smile,"Well I love to read and giving back to the community, I suppose..."

Awkward silence  spread through out the table and they finally decided to eat in quietly.

 

..

 

After eating dinner, they presented Sooyoung with a cake. Sooyoung was in shock and tears welled up in her eyes. Taeyeon noticed this and hesitated,"Sooyoungie, gwenchana?"She stood by her and placed her hand on her dongsaeng's back. Their parents and sisters were full of concern towards Sooyoung.

"It's just that...I never recieved a cake before..."Sooyoung choked.

The cake read, "Welcome Home, Sooyoung."

Kahi smiled, when she heard Sooyoung, tears started to glisten in her eyes. She went over to her daughter and kissed her on the cheek.

"This will be the one of many, Sooyoungie."JungAh went over to her wife and Sooyoung, kissing the top of Sooyoung's head.

 

..

 

Kahi and JungAh told Sunny and Jessica to show Sooyoung to her room. They were making their way up the grand staircase and Sooyoung looked at the pictures that were hung on the wall. Sooyoung took note that her family always took pictures when one of her sisters became a part of their family.

Jessica who noticed Sooyoung looking at the family portraits, spoke up,"Youngie, Ummas usually adopted us in pairs as you can see in the pictures. We'll have a family photoshoot with you soon." She gave Sooyoung a reassuring smile.

Sooyoung smiled at the nickname Jessica gave her and nodded her head quietly.

"Sooyoungie your room is between mine and your Sica-unnie's." Sunny placed her hand on Sooyoung's back. Sooyoung opened the door and her jaw dropped at the sight of her new room.

It had a queen sized bed with a pastel green sheets along with a plasma TV planted on the wall. Her room also had a balcony, the view from their house and the city was amazing. Sooyoung also had her own bathroom and walk-in closet. "I know it's pretty plain, but Ummas will help you customize into your own style. " Sunny smiled and turned back at Sooyoung.

"Youngie, do you need help unpacking?"Jessica asked.

Sooyoung shook her head,"I think I got it unnies, I don't have that much anyway."Sooyoung replied and placing her Woody doll and Winnie the Pooh plush on her new bed. She unpacked her small duffel bag, which only contained her old school uniform, a couple of shirts, two pairs of jeans, a pair of pajamas and a dress. Her small backpack contained her undergarments and Sooyoung was pretty much done unpacking.

"Ummas will have to get you some new clothes to fill that closet of yours."Sunny smiled.

Sooyoung nodded her head,"I think I going to change into my pajamas now and head down stairs." Jessica and Sunny nodded their heads in understanding," We're going to do the same thing, Sooyoungie. We'll meet you downstairs."

 

..

 

Sooyoung decsended down the stairs and walked to their entertainment room where her family was watching music videos. "Sooyoungie, are you sure you don't want Yuri to lend you some pajamas? They look so big on you!" Kahi Umma suggested to her. 

"I guess so, Umma." Sooyoung answered quietly, not wanting her sisters to judge her.

"Young-ah, I didn't you have a tattoo..."Jung-ah got up and went to get a closer look.

Sooyoung winced, not wanting them to know about her past.  With her shoulder exposed and exposing the tattoo and the faded scars shown for her family to see. "Umma, one of my past parents gave it to me when I was twelve...After they gave it to me, I was never brought there again." Sooyoung admitted and looked down on the floor.

The tattoo was a small lotus flower and under it read, "Mine."