Chapter 1

Take Me Home

Sooyoung let out a sigh and looked up at the sky. She was now back at the orphanage and sat on a swing that was attached to a big tree in front of the orphanage.She would usually go there first when she returned.Sooyoung was beginning to lose hope that anybody would adopt a fifteen year old girl.

Almost every family that wanted to adopt turned out to be abusive or neglected to her.Sooyoung's previous family was just that and was now adorned Sooyoung's body with more scars physically and emotionally.How can someone adopt me if I look like this?Sooyoung thought to herself.She still had a black eye and a cut across her cheek.

"I have one month left..."Sooyoung whispered.

One month to get adopted or be on the streets.

"Unnie!"

"Noona!"

Sooyoung looked up and smiled."Aigoo,these kids..."She stood up from the swing and immediately got tackled by dozens of familiar faces and landed on the soft grass."Did you guys miss me?"Sooyoung asked the children."We did so much!"Next thing she knew she was being peppered with kisses.

"I missed you guys too."Sooyoung lifted each child and kissed them on their cheek.

The kids were too caught up in their own world they didn't see a black car pull into the orphanage.

 

..

 

The couple closed the car door behind them and looked at the orphanage. They looked and smiled at the kids who were playing and spotted a tall girl who was playing with them. "Hello,Welcome to Sunshine orphanage.I'm the one who runs it,Mrs.Min."The elderly lady bowed.

"Hello,I'm Kim Jungah and my wife Kahi."Jungah smiled at the older woman.

"We are looking forward to adopt."

A smile appeared on the director's face and they responded,"You can take a look at the kids soon, we are going to have dinner.Excuse me for a moment."She bowed and opened the door.

"Kids, get ready for dinner soon. Come in now!" Her smile grew wider when they were to preoccupied by Sooyoung.

"De, Halmoni!"She only heard one response.

It was Sooyoung.

She saw Sooyoung grab her possessions and told the kids to go inside. "I'm coming, I'm coming kiddos!Let unnie and noona put her stuff back in her room!"She heard Sooyoung.

 

..

 

Putting her stuff back in her room, Sooyoung placed her Winnie the Pooh plush and Woody toy on the bed. She let out a sigh, Sooyoung looked around the room and it never changed even if she left for six months.

Sooyoung got up from the bed and went to help the closest adult figure in Sooyoung's life.She walked down the hall , picking up bits and pieces of toys to clean up a bit.

She saw "halmoni" talking with a couple she assumed and she knew the kids were getting hungry. Going to the kitchen, Sooyoung finished preparing the rest of dinner and prepared the table.

"Unnie?"

Sooyoung turned around to find a cute little three-year-old looking at her with those big doe eyes."Yes?"Sooyoung smiled and bent down to her level."Can I help you?"

"Of course!"Sooyoung smiled,picked her up and kissed her on the cheek.

 

..

 

"So have you adopted before?"Mrs.Min asked Jungah and Kahi.The couple smiled and Kahi responded,"We have adopted before.Eight times actually.Now we have eight beautiful daughters."

Mrs.Min smiled,"That is wonderful. Has any of the children caught your eye?"This time Jungah spoke up,"We actually had interest in that tall girl, the one playing with the kids."

"Oh"Ms.Min's eyes widened in shock."Is there something wrong?"

The elderly lady shook her head,"There's nothing wrong, but I've been praying for the right family for Sooyoung."

Her name was Sooyoung.

The couple looked at each other lovingly and waited for Mrs.Min to continue. She pulled out Sooyoung's portfolio and the couple saw the girl's picture."Her name is Choi Sooyoung and she is currently fifteen, her birthday is Feburary 10th."

"Despite her past, Sooyoung is so kind. The kids love her and she loves them so much, she's a big help here."The director smiled at the thought of Sooyoung. "She came here when she was around four and has been in and out of foster homes for so many years."

"Would you like to meet her?"

 

..

 

"Yah!Oh Soo stop being so messy and eat!"Sooyoung scolded the little boy while she was feeding a mere one-year-old, Oh Young. She knew she getting sleepy. Leaving the dining room,momentarily she sang the baby a lullaby her umma would sing her to sleep.

Sooyoung smiled and rocked the baby girl to sleep. Unknown to her, she was being watched.

"Young-ah?"Mrs.Min whispered because of Oh Young.

"I would like you to meet someone."She smiled and Kahi and Jungah stood next to her.

"Kahi and Jungah, this is Choi Sooyoung."

 

 

A/N:Finally finished chapter one!Comment?