3 - Of Fire in our hearts

Tug of war

3

Park Bom groans, glaring sun doesn’t feel that cheerful anymore. Great grief, she covers herself with comforter. That’s right. She is staying in today!

Too many dramas happening right now, she just can’t deal with it. She is going to mob around just today. Park Bom had awaken and fallen asleep back. Covering within her comfortable comforter alongside with dark curtain, she refused to acknowledge what is happening outside of her apartment. Night falls, drowning in and out of sleep she changes into her comfortable tank top and shorts before slipping on her slipper. She needs fresh air, it feels suffocating out of sudden. She felt lonely without the vibrating messages or calls from anyone. Was it the fact that if anyone look for her or was she waiting for him? She felt being replaced, the feeling of cold and lonely. She hates this feeling it feels like she was a child all over again, waiting at huge mansion for her parents to come home and spend time with her.

It is her decision to stay at Korea when her parents decided to migrate over to the States. She feels excited and warm knowing she stays within walking distance with her friends and then there was Seung Hyun that became her companion. They have this relationship level whereby they enjoy sitting by the Han River, gazing at the star without the need to talk or have conversations. There is this trust level where you just confide in each other.

Location : Chicken Restaurant - Hongdae

Chaerin turns to her right and exchange glance with Jay. Apparently, the group decided to hang out at this newly launch restaurant. Jay tries decides to start friendly conversation when Mina arrived seconds after both of them.

“So, you are saying that you are on the mission of what? How does leaving her dangling confused and all scared of your sudden I missed you actually help?” she whispered to Jay. They are sitting side-by-side at the restaurant waiting for the rest when Jay mentioned he has this mission to actually push Bom to admit her feelings and go after that dumb Choi.

Jay hushed her and whispers back “This will leave her to actually go through her feelings” “You will only make her be in more confusion state dearest” she argued, both of them unaware that the rest of the group has gathered and looking at them whispering and hushing without any ideas what is going on.

Jiyong grew unrest with the intimate interaction between the two. Mina smiled as she draw lazy circle at Seung Hyun arm, sitting comfortably between Seung Hyun and Jiyong. It really it doesn’t require much effort to watch these girls revealing their ugly mistake. How silly are they really?

She chooses to trust Jay that he knows what he is doing. Well, to look into this if that idiotic Choi doesn’t learnt how to grab whatever that is in front of him, Bom does deserve another man thou. Another good, better man than that Choi, Jay’s not so bad the least is he doesn’t have complicated relationships with countless women. The gang dinner went on, when Top learnt that Bom is feeling under the weather and stayed in he wanted to dash over and look at her. According to his oh-not-convincing that it’s just a must-do for him to check up on her.

Chaerin smirked at Mina sending clear message who actually own that guy’s heart is clearly not her. She may think she wins by being declared as his so-call girlfriend but it’s too bad it’s oblivious and clear to everyone at the table whom his heart belongs too.

“Babe, whatever it is that you are whispering with Jay earlier I hope you are not cheating on me?” Jiyong brought up the matter lightly as he fetched her back after the dinner.

They are dropping by their favorite coffee place as the gang spilt up after dinner. She giggled as she kissed his cheek lightly.

“Ji, whatever happens to your confidence and where’s the insecurity comes from? It’s seriously nothing Ji, it’s bout Bom” she teased and explained to him.

He glanced at her warily as she explained to him and made him keep the secret. “I think he might actually fall for Bom thou” he commented when she mentioned to him about what Jay reasoned behind the whole ordeal of how he “confessed” to Bom.

“It actually occurred to me thou, but thinks of it either way it’s a fair race between them. Might not be so bad if she did end up with Jay after all”

Location: Park Bom Apartment

For one, she is just too surprised at least expected guest at her doorstep. She is just not ready to face this guy over here; she doesn’t wants to risk him noticing or finding out about her being upset with his announcement of Mina.

“What are you doing here?” she lazily sat in front of him after she pours him cup of coffee.

“I heard from CL that you are sick, why didn’t you tell me that?”

“It’s nothing major; I just need a day off for myself. You may leave now” she dismissed him, the longer he stayed the more her emotion stirred up. She doesn’t wants to say or do something she will regret. He of all human should know that she and Mina had a bad past yet he chosen that Mina of the entire female population? Just because he needs someone to fulfill that role, another side of her mind argued why not me then? Argh, she just doesn’t want to think of this plus who is she to feel jealous in the first place? She tapped her finger restlessly; her mind doesn’t seem to capture whatever words the guy in front of her is saying.

“Yah woman! Are you listening?” she sighed,

“Sorry, what did you said? I am fine and you may stop worrying about me. I am not a small toddler; I am perfectly capable and fine to look after myself”

“Are you unhappy with Mina being my girlfriend? I’m sorry that I overlooked the fact that you had some disagreement with her over the past years. But Bom, it’s been years since middle school. I thought you had already come in terms with her”

“Look, First, I wouldn’t want to comment much on her or whichever bout she because I am ignoring her but it doesn’t mean I can be in terms nor accept her because everything she does irks me. Second, it shouldn’t really bother you really because whatever it is between you and her nothing related to me nor I intend to interfere between you both Third, you do know that you don’t require any permission from me so just do whatever you like Hyun” she release long breath, satisfied.

“In fact, wouldn’t be so nice for you to hang out here longer because words might get to Mina. I don’t want to create/start any misunderstanding with her. Please leave Hyun”

He is unsure why does he felt frustrated that of all the people she reacts negatively and from her answered, it seem that she is pushing him out of her life because of Mina. He irks him that he no longer be the first person that she informed when she is unwell. It felts like an invisible wall between them now because of Mina and Jay.

“Wow, are you sure this is because of Mina alone of the fact that your so-call childhood lover is back into your life that you are building an invisible wall between us? What is wrong with you Park Bom”

She rolled her eyes, feeling restless of him. The fact that Jay did nothing but keep her accompany and be there for her when he spent time with his girlfriend and now he sound like a jealous husband? Why are they having this argument? She kept numb and locked herself into her room.