--final

Man In Love

 

It started with a joke, a very lame one.

He’d never seen that side of her before. Sure, she was always all smiles and an older figure that he looked up to as a junior but this was different.

There was something about her that he couldn’t put his finger on that was adorable.

“So you guys are aliens, right? With powers?” She had asked the group when they were on an airplane one day.

When the group had nodded their heads in confusion, the girl brightened up.

“I see. No wonder we’re able to fly. Kris, that’s your ability right? Can you stop the plane as well?”

The bunch didn’t knew whether to laugh or cry at her jokes but they smiled anyway… as a form of respect.

“But do we really need planes? I mean, can’t we all just teleport with Kai?”

“Tiffany ssi. I think you’re taking their concepts a little too seriously.” EXO’s manager had spoken to the girl out of concern.

When the girl had laughed and nodded her head in embarrassment, Luhan knew then what he saw in her that attracted him.

Her innocence.

Sure, she may have not have been as innocent as Seohyun nor look as pure as Yoona but she was her. Her playfulness was something that he liked; something that he finds similar to himself.

It wasn’t until much later that Luhan realised he had feelings for the girl. Having seen a “LuFany” signboard in one of their SMTown special stages had the man stopped in disbelief.

LuFany?

Luhan and Tiffany?

He had blushed and walked away; something he knew he must do so that he won’t be caught on camera. His mind, however, refused to act like his body.

His mind kept thinking of that little signboard.

“Luhannn!” Tiffany had shouted from the other end of the stage that day while giving him a high five.

His heart had skipped a beat just by hearing her call his name. He liked it.

Heck.

He loved it.

Following that incident, Luhan found himself having his seniors songs on repeat. He would always be listening to “I Got A Boy” and the man had unconsciously turned jealous.

With one of Tiffany’s lines being “sometimes he is reliable as an oppa but when he acts charming, he is so cute!”, Luhan had screamed in delight, imagining himself as the boy she was talking about.

When it came to her other line, “I’m really angry, my boy doesn’t look at me as a girl.”, however, Luhan had turned sour, thinking that there really was another boy whom she liked.

Needless to say, it drove s crazy.

“Hyung? Why do you always have Tiffany noona’s part on repeat?” Lay had asked one night.

“Yeah, are you in love?” Tao joined in the teasing, oblivious to the fact that Yixing had just wanted Luhan to be quiet.

“W-What?! NO!” Luhan defended his honor. “Psh, how can you even think that?”

“Should I get you noona’s autograph, then?” Xiumin joined in the fun. “If you’re not in love, then you’re pretty much her fan.”

“Shut up.” The man replied defensively. “I am not Tiffany’s fan. I like everyone equally.”

“Oh ho!” Chen chuckled from the other end of the room. “Dropping the honorifics, are you now, hyung?”

“You should at least call her sunbaenim if you don’t want to get attached on a personal level.” Kris had clucked in disapproval.

Luhan had stormed into his room that night and locked the door. The members had laughed then, knowing full well that the man had a crush on the said girl. It was really that obvious.

As days passed, Luhan had gotten impatient. Yes, the man finally realised his feelings for the girl was solid and real. He would do anything just to be able to see her and that included personally sending a birthday cake on her birthday.

“N-Noona.” Luhan uttered shyly as he handed her the cake. “H-Happy Birthday. This is for you.”

“Waa! Thank you so much!”

“You should eat it well, Fany ah.” Jessica snickered looking at the two. “I heard that he baked the cake especially for you.”

“Yeah right.” The former rolled her eyes. “Where did you hear that from?”

“I have my sources.” The ice princess winked to Luhan. “They’re really reliable.”

“Umm…” Luhan blushed as he averted his gaze to the floor. “I hope you enjoy your birthday, noona. I’ll be going now.”

“Wait! Did you really baked the cake for me?”

The man turned red again before stumbling out the door.

“Yes.” He whispered but unfortunately for him, Tiffany heard him just right.

Over the few days, Luhan came to realise that Tiffany would avoid him whenever he was in sight. She would pat the other members on their shoulders but when it was his turn, she’d just mutter a quick “good job” before approaching the other members yet again.

Honestly, it drove him crazy and no one knew how paranoid he was trying to figure out the deeper meaning of her actions.

Does she like Kris? Tch. That vain guy? Well… he is taller than you, Luhan.

Why is she feeding Sehun? Is it because he’s young and cute?! But I’m young, aren’t I?

She’s so into Kai’s dance… Is that it? Does she like her man y?

Wait a minute. I’m young, tall, cute and y! I’m basically a package, so why doesn’t noona look at me?!

Unfortunately for him, his inner battles didn’t went unnoticed. Lay was the most attentive one. He had sometimes laughed at the man, seeing how dreamy and in love Luhan had been first before almost killing himself the next second.

Yes, Luhan had come off as a little too desperate and pathetic. Take your pick.

“Noona?” The shy Lay started a conversation with Tiffany. “Why do you avoid Luhan hyung so much?”

“A-Avoid? W-What are you talking about?”

“Honestly, noona. Everyone can see how crazy hyung has been these past few days. Won’t you take pity on him?”

“Yixing ah.” Tiffany had affectionately called the young man by his real name. “We can never force love to take place.”

“But we can’t lie to ourselves when we’re in love either.” The man laughed. “You can’t avoid him, noona. You can’t lie to yourself forever.”

--

49 days.

It had been a whopping 49 days since Luhan had fallen in love. He counted each day with misery and regret, knowing that Tiffany would never want to look his way.

Today, he was determined to get rid of all the negative feelings he kept inside and  muster all the courage he could to confess.

You’re a man, Luhan. You can do it.

Each nearing step he had was a moment of life and death.

What if she doesn’t like me?

What if she rejects me?

What if she hates me after this?

What if-

Stop it Luhan. You’ve been through this before. If she doesn’t like you, so be it. Things were just not meant to be.

“Noona, I like you.” Luhan was lost in his own thoughts as he practiced his lines over and over again. “Argh! That’s too straightforward. Noona, I love you….”

If the man could only look up to see where he was heading, he would have seen the weird looks he received from the staff in SM as they watched the idol murmuring to himself.  It was a pity he didn’t because then, he would be able to see a young girl approaching his way as well.

“Why are you talking to yourself?” The girl stopped in front of the man, her eyes silently judging him.

“NOONA! I LOVE YOU!” Luhan had shouted in shock at the sudden interruption.

An awkward silence followed and after putting a face to the voice, Luhan blushed, knowing that he was caught.

“Uh… H-Hi?” He stuttered upon seeing the girl. “G-Good morning T-T-Tiffany su-sunbaenim.”

“Good morning.” Tiffany turned red at the sudden confession.

The girl was definitely not stupid nor dense. She knew that Luhan would confess to her someday or another but she didn’t expected it to be this way. Him shouting that he loved her in the middle of a hallway was just not something she had imagined to be.

“So who were you going to confess to?” She chuckled, clearly enjoying the scene as Luhan blushed harder. “f(x) maybe?”

“N-No.”

“Ah… is it me?”

“N-No.”

Her eyes widened, wondering if she heard him right. As it sink in, the girl sighed and gave him a small smile.

Of course. He would have moved on seeing how cold I was towards him. It’s only right…

“I mean no!” Luhan spluttered out quickly before smacking himself in the forehead. “Yes! I mean…”

As he took in a deep breath, the man recomposed his thought processes and utter out softly. “I meant to say, I like you, noona.”

“Really?” The girl giggled before smirking in an evil manner. “That’s all? No proposal or anything?”

“O-Oh.” Luhan scratched his head in embarrassment. “I was thinking… if you wanted to… I could… you could… we could…”

“Luhan. Get straight to the point.”

“We could get into a relationship.” He spluttered quickly at her command. Great, Luhan. Just great. Now you’re making yourself look like a fool.

“Ah… You’re asking if I want to be your girlfriend?”

“N-No. I was asking if I could be your boyfriend.” The man gulped, wondering if Tiffany even knew how similar yet different their sentences had been.

“And if I said yes?” The girl questioned playfully.

“T-Then that will be g-great! I… I would do anything you ask me to, noona!”

The girl grinned widely, knowing full well that he had meant what he said. After the handmade cakes and gifts he’d gave her, Tiffany was sure that Luhan was serious in his pursuit of love.

And she liked that.

She likes a man who would want to do anything for her because she would do anything in the world for him as well. She likes a man who would respect her because having respect goes both ways in a committed relationship.

Lastly, she really likes her man tall, young, cute and y all in one; and those qualities exist in the Luhan package.

“Noona?” His voice was unsure as he called out to her. “S-So… is that a yes?”

“Uhuh.” The girl nodded her head before laughing. “But on one condition.”

“What is it?”

“You will not call me noona. It makes me feel old.” Tiffany pouted.

“Okay.” Luhan agreed without hesitation before gathering courage in his tiny heart. “I… have a condition as well.”

“What is it?”

Instead of words, the man approached her slowly, his hands patting the top of her head in affection. He bended slightly and hovered his face right before hers; his lips turning into a quick, shy smirk.

“I want to hear that you love me as well.” His voice came off as a whisper, only allowing the girl to hear his words.

“I love y-.”

Luhan would never hear how much the girl had loved him, for his lips were already onto hers; devouring the innocence and playfulness he had fell in love with at the start.

50 days and counting, his heart, soul and body are Tiffany’s to keep forever.

If only he’d stopped and listened to what she had to say, Luhan would have known that she loved him 50 days long too.

After all, one can’t lie to one’s self when you’re in love.

--

a/n ergh, like I said, fail fluff. I was having too much LuFany feels so I just had to write something. Hope you guys like it! And thank you for the subscribes even though it was a one-shot! ♥ Have a happy LuFany day ahead! Comments are welcome as well xD