Four.

My Heart Still Beats For You

No. This can't be. No.

She felt her heart break away into pieces. As though it was pulled apart by a thousand horses in different directions. She dropped onto her couch as she read the message word by word again and again. Her eyes welling up in tears as her breathing starts getting heavy. "Jae..", was all she could muster.

Jae: Arra's pregnant. With my child. I'm sorry Leena. I truly am. 

-

"Leena! Oh my God! What have you done dear?! Leena! Wake up!" Pills were strewn all over the floor. An emptied container in her hands. Leena's mother was in hsyterics as she fumbles around for her phone. Her fingers feeble as they try to get a pulse from her daughter's neck. "Ouh God. Ouh God. Please. To you I pray. Please let my daughter be okay." Finally. A pulse. It was faint. But it was there.

"Hello?! Hello yes I need an ambulance right away please. My daughter. I think she overdosed herself with sleeping pills. Please hurry! Gangnam court. House no. 5. Please hurry please!" She tried to wake her daugther but Leena remained motionless. It broke her heart.

-

"Ommoni. Please get some rest. The doctors are doing their best. She'll be fine." Ae Yeong, Leena's childhood friend made her sit and passed a cup of coffee. She had been up the whole night waiting for news. It was then when she called Ae Yeong up informing her about her daughter's condition. 

"She was never like this Ae Yeong. No matter what her troubles are, she would never resort to this." Ae Yeong hugged her and nodded. 

"Ommoni.." A deep voice came in between the sobs between the two of them. They looked up to find Jae. It was then when Ae Yeong had lost all her sense of sanity. She threw her cup of lukewarm coffee in his face and slapped him across his face. 

"You ! You scumbag!" She pushed him as hard as she could, "Look at what you have done! Look! Who do you think you are?! Huh?! Coming into her life and leaving as you please. You jerk!" Screaming at the top of her lungs as she battered Jae on his chest. All he could do was to let her vent it out. 

She was right. Who did he think he was? He left her with nothing but a text. He was a jerk and he deserved this.

"Ae Yeong.." He held her by the shoulders. "How is she?" She struggled free from his grasp.

"How dare you. How dare you come here! And you still have the cheek, the audacity to ask how she is?!" He shut his eyes as the words stung. 

"Ae Yeong... Stop. I called him here." She turned her head to face Leena's mother. Her face bewildered. 

"But. Ommoni. He is the reason behind this. Why would you?" She knelt down in front of her with her tear-stricken face.

"Leena needs him Ae Yeong-ah. This separation didn't do her any good either. Let them solve the matter on their own. What matters most is, I get my daughter back." She looked at Jae, whose face were stricken with guilt. "I trust you'd fix this Jae. I want my daughter back." 

-

Ouh god. What have I done.. She looked so worn out and sick.. Leena.. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. 

He took her hand in his, pecking them lightly. Eyes welling up in tears, he tucked her hand under the covers. At that moment, he felt her stir making him jolt back up in his seat. "Leena?" He watched as her eyes flickered open. 

Her eyes were starting to get adjusted to the lights as she tried to make out the blurry figure in front of her. She had a feeling it was Jae but could it be? Is it really you, Jae? "J-Jae? Is it truly you?" 

"Hey pabo." He swept her unruly fringe aside, lifting up a small smile. He knew things wouldn't be the same but he wanted to see her smile again.

"Hi..." She croaked. She tried to push herself up and caused herself a dizzy spell.

"Hey easy now." He held her down. "Just stay put."

"AHH damn i feel horrible." She cupped with one hand. 

"The doctors did a major flush out for your stomach. Way to go pabo." She looked away. He felt guilty but he had to put up a brave front. He wanted them to be back like the old days. He hoped.

"How's Arra?" Wasn't a question he would have expected. His smile dropped along with his heart. She turned to him, smiling. 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

3 years later......

I finally updated. (A SHORT ONE THAT IS) and Its 3 years later. 

I AM SO SORRY ._. TRULY.